Steven Slate Audio VSX 2.0 Available Now - Page 34 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Steven Slate Audio VSX 2.0 Available Now
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapmak3r ➡️
Interesting. This is what I am seeing in Win10 with an Apollo twin MK2 and an i7 8700 CPU.
This system dual boots into MacOS Mojave, so I will need to test it again in MacOS to see whether the same behaviour manifests.

I would think the Buffer at 32 samples is a bit low for Mixing with VSX so I would probably suggest boosting that up to 128..

But even at 64 my Windows Cubase 11 CPU barely moves when enabling VSX.

Here is the link to start a support ticket for Steven Slate Audio VSX and we can trouble shoot further.

https://stevenslateaudio.zendesk.com...s/requests/new
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyZ ➡️
I would think the Buffer at 32 samples is a bit low for Mixing with VSX so I would probably suggest boosting that up to 128..

But even at 64 my Windows Cubase 11 CPU barely moves when enabling VSX.

Here is the link to start a support ticket for Steven Slate Audio VSX and we can trouble shoot further.

For mixing I use 1024, but for tracking while monitoring VMS/VMR through VSX I need the sample buffer to be as low as possible.
VSX1 was no problem, but with VSX2 the performance meter is getting annihilated.
The CPU hit of VSX is minimal, but the Cubase performance meter does not accurately reflect CPU usage at all.

I am finding that Slate audio software is chewing up Cubase performance meter for whatever reason. I find that SSD5 is problematic as well.

I already submitted a support ticket a while back. You recommended upping the sample buffer, but for tracking/monitoring, that isn't a solution unfortunately.

I've ended up just switching headphones and tracking with either m50x or HD599 headphones as at 32 samples, Sonarworks is giving a much more reasonable performance hit.
The performance hit of VMR at 32 samples is minimal as well. Most Slate digital stuff seems optimized for low latency monitoring, while Slate audio stuff is not.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapmak3r ➡️

I already submitted a support ticket a while back. You recommended upping the sample buffer, but for tracking/monitoring, that isn't a solution unfortunately.
What was you support ticket number??

I can run VSX 2.0 at 64 samples which is the lowest my interface will go and VSX uses about %10 at that sample Rate on Cubase 11 running Windows.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate ➡️
We have another container leaving the factory at the end of next week, and then another bigger container coming just two weeks after that. We should be caught up by mid August... I hope!

Steven
Any of these going to Sweetwater I hope?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyZ ➡️
What was you support ticket number??

I can run VSX 2.0 at 64 samples which is the lowest my interface will go and VSX uses about %10 at that sample Rate on Cubase 11 running Windows.
Ticket 30221
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
auto bypass on export still not working on ableton on mac m1...
Here for the gear

After a long 11 weeks my replacement VSX finally arrived today, and I'm almost glad that my first pair broke, because the build quality on these new ones is SO much better. Just the fact that the headband isn't creaking anymore from small movements makes me so happy.

Also another shoutout to the Slate support from me, they were great!
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by s34nsm411 ➡️
auto bypass on export still not working on ableton on mac m1...
I just tried this on my new Apple MacBook Air M1 and the when I exported the mix the VSX was automatically bypassed. So it is working great here.

Here is the link to start a support ticket for Steven Slate Audio VSX and we can trouble shoot a bit further and see what could be blocking it.

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucor ➡️
After a long 11 weeks my replacement VSX finally arrived today, and I'm almost glad that my first pair broke, because the build quality on these new ones is SO much better. Just the fact that the headband isn't creaking anymore from small movements makes me so happy.

Also another shoutout to the Slate support from me, they were great!
Thanks for sharing that. My main concern right now about having to seek a new replacement is the difference in sound that it might have. I understand there is a beta version of the software that helps to calibrate things in order to compensate, but I'm also very use to using the headphones without the software in some cases (during tracking, etc.), and the new one's appear to be less flat sounding, based on a measurement someone previously posted.

On the current pair I'm using, the adjustable part of the headband on the left side doesn't hold its place, and I've been using it fine enough for the time being, but now, looking at the left hinge I can see a little stress line forming, coming from the edge and going to one of the screws. If it were to crack and break, it would be the SAME type of break that occurred with the first pair I was using during the beta, before this product was released. I wasn't rough with the first one that broke, and with this one I've been even more careful not to stretch it out much when putting it on and taking it off, and it doesn't seem like that made any difference if this line I'm seeing is something that could very well turn into a crack and lead to it breaking.

I've come to a point where this headphone has become very important and useful to the work that I do. I sincerely do hope that the newer build solves the issue that is occurring with some of the founder's edition sets, so people can start using this product with the same confidence that they would with any other pair of headphones.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
Thanks for sharing that. My main concern right now about having to seek a new replacement is the difference in sound that it might have. I understand there is a beta version of the software that helps to calibrate things in order to compensate, but I'm also very use to using the headphones without the software in some cases (during tracking, etc.), and the new one's appear to be less flat sounding, based on a measurement someone previously posted.

On the current pair I'm using, the adjustable part of the headband on the left side doesn't hold its place, and I've been using it fine enough for the time being, but now, looking at the left hinge I can see a little stress line forming, coming from the edge and going to one of the screws. If it were to crack and break, it would be the SAME type of break that occurred with the first pair I was using during the beta, before this product was released. I wasn't rough with the first one that broke, and with this one I've been even more careful not to stretch it out much when putting it on and taking it off, and it doesn't seem like that made any difference if this line I'm seeing is something that could very well turn into a crack and lead to it breaking.

I've come to a point where this headphone has become very important and useful to the work that I do. I sincerely do hope that the newer build solves the issue that is occurring with some of the founder's edition sets, so people can start using this product with the same confidence that they would with any other pair of headphones.
Fwiw, as used to the first batch as I was, I've adapted to the new ones very quickly and I actually like them better.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate ➡️
We have another container leaving the factory at the end of next week, and then another bigger container coming just two weeks after that. We should be caught up by mid August... I hope!

Steven
Wonderful, thanks for being transparent. Appreciate it.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTLAVGH ➡️
Fwiw, as used to the first batch as I was, I've adapted to the new ones very quickly and I actually like them better.
That sounds promising, thanks.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Still loving the VSX and figured mine were in the "good run" series of the Founder's Ed, but just discovered that the right cup felt wobbly and wouldn't seal tight. Yep, the extender part below the headband had cracked, despite treating these with extreme care (which, within reason, shouldn't be a requirement for a pair of well-built cans). Support ticket sent, hoping for a speedy and smooth resolution.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg64 ➡️
Still loving the VSX and figured mine were in the "good run" series of the Founder's Ed, but just discovered that the right cup felt wobbly and wouldn't seal tight. Yep, the extender part below the headband had cracked, despite treating these with extreme care (which, within reason, shouldn't be a requirement for a pair of well-built cans). Support ticket sent, hoping for a speedy and smooth resolution.
Wow, quick action from Cameron @ Slate - new pair on the way less than 2 hours after creating the ticket. Great stuff!

Attaching a pic of the crack as per request from another user via PM, hope this is ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Steven Slate Audio VSX 2.0 Available Now-vsxcrack.jpg  
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

Just got a call from sweetwater, it looks like vsx will not be in until mid to end of August, a full month or longer of a delay.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by triveNge ➡️
Just got a call from sweetwater, it looks like vsx will not be in until mid to end of August, a full month or longer of a delay.
A little bit disappointed by this
Old 15 hours ago | Show parent
dll
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg64 ➡️
Wow, quick action from Cameron @ Slate - new pair on the way less than 2 hours after creating the ticket. Great stuff!

Attaching a pic of the crack as per request from another user via PM, hope this is ok.
Yes, very quick response. That's fine. But I've been waiting for the It's sent-mail for two weeks.

I have temporarily fixed mine (cracked similarly ) with 10's 50 (?) layers of fishline and glue, seems to hold pretty good. Can use them for now.
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I love the update so far.

I still struggle to get it to play systemwide on Windows 10 for references. Any tips?
Old 15 minutes ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Dave ➡️
I love the update so far.

I still struggle to get it to play systemwide on Windows 10 for references. Any tips?
Download (do not install): https://www.niallmoody.com/apps/pedalboard2
Download and install as administrator VBCABLE_Driver_Pack43: https://vb-audio.com/Cable/
Set the sound source VBCABLE, as in the screenshot below.

Open Pedalboard2-64bit
Looking for a VSX plugin

Make the settings, I have the following:

📝 Reply