BFD3.4 update and InMusic migration - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
BFD3.4 update and InMusic migration
Old 19th April 2021
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
BFD3.4 update and InMusic migration

Hi

There is a new update to BFD3.4 and a free expansion if you migrate your FXpansion account.

BUT....
Anyone from FXpansion - please sort out the migration to InMusic and the new webpage.

There is no download link for BFD3 on my new account,
The free expansion serial is the wrong length.
The inMusic support page doesn't work for BFD3 as when you select it you have to select a Sub-product and there is not one for BFD3 so the submit button wont activate as the field is empty, hence why i am here.
This is basic software engineering that should have been tested before it was rolled out.
Old 19th April 2021
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Migration itself worked without problems, BFD3 and all my expansions show up, the "redeem"-button for the free expansion doesn't work for me for now but I guess that'll solve itself shortly.

But every single time I launch BFD3 standalone or the vst I get this prompt. "OK" leads to the Alert and then a short waiting time and scanning the installed contents again. And again. "Abbrechen" (German for "CANCEL") closes the prompt and everything works fine including my old presets. It's a little bit annoying...
Attached Thumbnails
BFD3.4 update and InMusic migration-bfd3.jpg  
Old 19th April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
The upgrade path also figures in "Test Mode". With functionality additions been visible within an hour of visit. So it's being worked out.

It appears that for some reason the email announcement was published too early or deployment was delayed.
It is moving though.

Note that "Previous versions of BFD such as BFD1, BFD2, BFD Eco, and BFD Lite are long discontinued and no longer available.
To upgrade to BFD3 at a special Legacy User price, please visit:" https://www.bfddrums.com/migfxpofr21.html
InMusic is "offering a very special one-time upgrade offer to V3 for just $49.99 (£49.99) a 85% saving! All you need to do is enter your existing BFD1 / BFD2 / BFD ECO serial number when asked for a promotional code during checkout"
Licenses included at expansions are not eligible.

Last edited by Nspace; 19th April 2021 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: Info addition
Old 20th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This has hosed my BFD 2 and BFD 1 Drums which I have continued to use in BFD3 for years.

They are no longer in this new "Inmusic" account. they are still on my machine, my FXpansion account etc.

How the hell do I get them working again.

The new BFD has found the paths to all of it, but says I don't have a license.

Note, the BFD product support on the new site, has no products under the support for the BFD product, so you can't even send the supprort form!! Aarrrgh.
Old 20th April 2021
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I followed the links for migrating from FXPansion to InMusic and now there's nothing showing up in InMusic nor in the new licence manager.

And of course the support form is broken and doesn't send requests for support and there's no other method.

Pretty typical of my experience with InMusic products in the past...

Please fix your migration process and recover my licences.

Edit: I just received another email saying:
"You’re all set!

All your BFD content has been safely moved to your new inMusic Profile. Don’t forget to update to BFD v3.4 and redeem your free Expansion Pack!"

So I go there and it's empty as is BFD Licence Manager.

Another win for InMusic... <sigh>

I wish they would do minimal testing, it's obvious from all their rollouts they don't. Not a company I'd trust with a credit card transaction.

So

Last edited by spindizzy; 20th April 2021 at 07:26 AM..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Fortunately, at this point, you can still logon to FXPansion and download all your BFD products.
Just re-installed and it is working.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScythe ➡️
But every single time I launch BFD3 standalone or the vst I get this prompt. "OK" leads to the Alert and then a short waiting time and scanning the installed contents again. And again. "Abbrechen" (German for "CANCEL") closes the prompt and everything works fine including my old presets. It's a little bit annoying...
Solved: run standalone as admin ONCE. Pretty obvious but it was late yesterday.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➡️
Fortunately, at this point, you can still logon to FXPansion and download all your BFD products.
Just re-installed and it is working.
Really? Even the new 3.4 version??
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindizzy ➡️
I followed the links for migrating from FXPansion to InMusic and now there's nothing showing up in InMusic nor in the new licence manager.

And of course the support form is broken and doesn't send requests for support and there's no other method.

Pretty typical of my experience with InMusic products in the past...

Please fix your migration process and recover my licences.

Edit: I just received another email saying:
"You’re all set!

All your BFD content has been safely moved to your new inMusic Profile. Don’t forget to update to BFD v3.4 and redeem your free Expansion Pack!"

So I go there and it's empty as is BFD Licence Manager.

Another win for InMusic... <sigh>

I wish they would do minimal testing, it's obvious from all their rollouts they don't. Not a company I'd trust with a credit card transaction.

So
I have had the exact same experience. These people are amateurs and should not be trusted.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goto10 ➡️
Really? Even the new 3.4 version??
No, but aside from some cosmetic changes, I am not sure what is different to the most recent user beta
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➡️
No, but aside from some cosmetic changes, I am not sure what is different to the most recent user beta
Maybe it doesn't crash as much?
Old 20th April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
That most recent version from FXPansion has been rock solid for me.
Old 20th April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Maybe I'll try this migration then.... I don't use BFD3 much so I've got nothing to lose if it all goes Pete Tong.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt ➡️
Maybe I'll try this migration then.... I don't use BFD3 much so I've got nothing to lose if it all goes Pete Tong.
As I said: it worked perfectly fine for me. Took a while (3hrs 1min) for the "migration is complete" mail to arrive but the licenses etc. were in the newly created inmusic-profile almost immediately.

Now it's just the redeem free expansion process that's not working for me*, everything else runs smoothly. Usually I am not an early adopter but I had more to lose if it stopped working or had problems later this year so I bit the bullet now.

*Just worked for me, no downloading the newly registered expansion.
Old 20th April 2021
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
anyone have a spare serial they’re not looking to upgrade that they’d be willing to part with?
Old 20th April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Time from starting the migration to installing the BFD3 update and the free expansion: about 15 minutes.
Time to update Visual Studio 2019 on work laptop, about 2 hours!!!
Old 20th April 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Whereabouts is the 'migrate' link? I can't see one on either FXpansion or BFDDrums new site?

Thanks!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose ➡️
Whereabouts is the 'migrate' link? I can't see one on either FXpansion or BFDDrums new site?

Thanks!
Log in to your FXPansion.com account and somewhere in your account details you'll see a link or button saying "start migration" or similar.
Old 20th April 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Oh man, I'm already dreading doing this. BFD3 is such a great sounding instrument and at the same time I've had so many problems with it in the past (license manager, broken links, wrong meta-information on content etc.). I don't understand how having developed such great products (Geist2, too) - having done the 'hard work' so to speak - you are able to shoot yourself in the foot repeatedly with what in theory should be the easier part.
Old 20th April 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
It wasn't quite as bad as expected although I had to sort some stuff out and scanning locations caused a few crashes. Took me an hour. Not good, but I've seen worse.
Old 20th April 2021
Gear Maniac

The download link for the new BFD 3.4 is in the new license manager, which you can download from http://bfddrums.com/downloads
Old 20th April 2021
Lives for gear

Clicking the migration in my fxExpansion account just sends an email which then directs me to https://profile.inmusicbrands.com/cu...account/login/

That's it - no actual migration done! Nor are my credentials accepted on the new site what a load of crap!
Old 20th April 2021
Here for the gear
I understand about not supporting BFD1 or BFD2 anymore, but what about all my drum kits, from those libraries?
V3.4 doesn't see them.
I went back to V3.3 and all is well.
I can confirm that the support page does not work. (no matter what product you select- I tried a bunch of them- Also tried several browsers)
There's no way to contact them.
This is unacceptable.
Hope someone can clear up some of this
We're a bit miffed.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunlending ➡️
I understand about not supporting BFD1 or BFD2 anymore, but what about all my drum kits, from those libraries?
V3.4 doesn't see them.
I went back to V3.3 and all is well.
I can confirm that the support page does not work. (no matter what product you select- I tried a bunch of them- Also tried several browsers)
There's no way to contact them.
This is unacceptable.
Hope someone can clear up some of this
We're a bit miffed.
This would be a dealbreaker. Some of the most interesting sounds come from those earlier V1/V2 kits. If migrating means losing those I'm out. Like others, I've had enough trouble with BFD through the years and don't want to risk more.
Old 21st April 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Finished the migration today and everything works great. Yesterday, I didn’t look like the new website was quite ready - there were no download links. Today the links were there and everything went smooth. Updated to 3.4 and also snagged my free expansion. The new license/installer seems to work a bit smoother than I remember the old one. 3.4 found all of my expansions, but all of mine are ones that are still available for purchase. Not sure about discontinued expansions. Hopefully inmusic continues to breath some life into BFD, because although it sounds great, the interface is pretty dated compared to newer offerings. This release seems like a good first step!
Old 21st April 2021
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Finished the migration, and downloaded the Core Library again and installed that as well as new version of BFD3.

Now I can't get ANY sound out of either BFD3 standalone or as an AU plugin.
The Audio out preferences are set to my Duet2.

The correct path to the Core Library is set (No yellow triangles)

If I select a Groove I can see it is playing in the BFD3 GUI, as in each piece of the kit is lighting up when hit.
But no sound and no levels in the BFD3 mixer ??

Any suggestions please ??

UPDATE: Ok so I had to actually select a sample for each kit piece, none loaded with the Groove preset
That solved the playback issue.
It's been so long since I used BFD3, and at present I can't see me using it much in the future.
Old 21st April 2021
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
yesterday in the evening I listened to the expansions again ... to pick my inmusic goodie

but after reading your posts this morning I‘m going to stay on 3.3 and won‘t migrate - core library kits from 1 & 2 still in use.

Let‘s see how this will be resolved in the near future.
Old 21st April 2021
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
to someone who migrated and uses 3.4 already:

do you use favorites in your library browser and do they still work / show up properly? Over the years I marked / added all the kit pieces I really like and I don’t care about which lib or expansions they are from anymore.

as written in my last post loosing the kit pieces of the former core libraries is a no go
Old 21st April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo ➡️
This would be a dealbreaker. Some of the most interesting sounds come from those earlier V1/V2 kits. If migrating means losing those I'm out. Like others, I've had enough trouble with BFD through the years and don't want to risk more.
Yes, at 2021 when other Drummer software are getting capacity to import other protocols samples, for BDF3.4 to not be able to work with a substantial portion of the existing expansions is plainly myopic.

Meanwhile until inMusic sobers up, what? we'll need to run both 3.3 and 3.4 versions.

I'll have to start to learn about 3rd party migration options...
Far from what would be expected from a company that has quality brands like Denon Professional and others. Fortunately this space is moving fast.
Old 21st April 2021
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goto10 ➡️
Hi

There is a new update to BFD3.4 and a free expansion if you migrate your FXpansion account.

BUT....
Anyone from FXpansion - please sort out the migration to InMusic and the new webpage.

There is no download link for BFD3 on my new account,
The free expansion serial is the wrong length.
The inMusic support page doesn't work for BFD3 as when you select it you have to select a Sub-product and there is not one for BFD3 so the submit button wont activate as the field is empty, hence why i am here.
This is basic software engineering that should have been tested before it was rolled out.
Its all fixed now except support.
📝 Reply