Plugin Alliance bx_limiter True Peak - Page 10 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plugin Alliance bx_limiter True Peak
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Good explanation thanks!

I once looked at getting the streamdeck xl but then settled on Metagrid and using two cheap Apple iPad airs.
However I have just jigged things around and don’t really have the space for them now with extra monitor screens...

Have you investigated meta grid also?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Good explanation thanks!

I once looked at getting the streamdeck xl but then settled on Metagrid and using two cheap Apple iPad airs.
However I have just jigged things around and don’t really have the space for them now with extra monitor screens...

Have you investigated meta grid also?
Just looked at it now. I see that it works off an ipad which I don't have or an iphone either so no go for me unfortunately at the moment. Cheers for the heads up though.

As to extra Monitor screens - I currently just have an ultra-widescreen one. I would like to have a second monitor for either console 1 or mixer or Izotope Insight kind of plugin etc but I currently run of integrated graphics from my CPU (i9-9900k) so not sure how well multiple monitors would work off that set-up. Think I would have to invest in a discrete GPU to have such a multi-monitor set-up. Maybe down the line.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yes I have an eGPU for my Mac which can run 3 screens so the max I had was 4. If I had a more suitable environment I might just be content with 1 super wide screen and another much smaller displaying a meter or vsx window or as you say console one ( if I had that still)....
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Wonder what the update would be for the TP
plx
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Just looked at it now. I see that it works off an ipad which I don't have or an iphone either so no go for me unfortunately at the moment. Cheers for the heads up though.

As to extra Monitor screens - I currently just have an ultra-widescreen one. I would like to have a second monitor for either console 1 or mixer or Izotope Insight kind of plugin etc but I currently run of integrated graphics from my CPU (i9-9900k) so not sure how well multiple monitors would work off that set-up. Think I would have to invest in a discrete GPU to have such a multi-monitor set-up. Maybe down the line.
i ran a 21.5" 4K + 9.7" 2K on i7-8700B in the mini.
it's the same UHD630 garbage processor

the 2nd 9.7" doesn't work anymore unfortunately because M1 Macbook only supports one external screen. I miss it from time to time. Generally had it for meters and crap like that
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfen ➡️
Wonder what the update would be for the TP
They've already said that a resizable UI is coming in the next update.

No other details that I've seen - they had to shelve the resizable UI for the original release for last-minute technical reasons, so that's why it's been delayed.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plx ➡️
i ran a 21.5" 4K + 9.7" 2K on i7-8700B in the mini.
it's the same UHD630 garbage processor

the 2nd 9.7" doesn't work anymore unfortunately because M1 Macbook only supports one external screen. I miss it from time to time. Generally had it for meters and crap like that
Yeah having a small one for meters would be good. I have considered picking up one of the dedicated TC Electronic ones for that purpose. They look good but quite expensive really for what they are.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Yeah having a small one for meters would be good. I have considered picking up one of the dedicated TC Electronic ones for that purpose. They look good but quite expensive really for what they are.
I have one and they are about £200 + compared to around £700 when TC weren’t owned by Behringer.
I find it pretty useful...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Sounds interesting, but I do not feel is transparent at all..can have a cool sound tho.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I ran the demo. Good looking. Works good. Only good. Compared to several other limiters, some that have been out years, this just pumps too much to be clean enough to use for mastering. I have plenty of tools when I want intentional pumping in a mix. Brainworx just can't seem to do limiting right. Every attempt over the years isn't transparent enough no matter how they do it.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

With all the extra processing turned off, and depending on the material, to achieve -1 dBTP, I have to set the ceiling to -1.3 or more to hit that target.

I'm not too thrilled about that. It doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Platinum mix engineer Ken Lewis likes it, and shows some good tips in using it.
plx
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i don't understand why some people have such a strong tendency to follow and worship.
I mean, that's the whole reason why endorsement and namedropping marketing works, but still.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
i don't understand why some people have such a strong tendency to follow and worship.
I mean, that's the whole reason why endorsement and namedropping marketing works, but still.
Namedropping is a marketing model that benefits everyone except the users. They think they are really buying the most awesome plugin because XYZ Platinum/Gold/Grammy whatever guy supposedly likes it.
I've noticed in some review videos of PA plugins that they often use NFR versions, where the licence is only valid for a few more days. It always seems like quickly a video is made before the NFR license expires.... so much for the great love many reviewers have for PA plugins

Probably some of them make more money from advertising, creating presets, helping with plugin development or their YouTube channel than they do from mixing/mastering music (just thought out loud)
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind ➡️
I've noticed in some review videos of PA plugins that they often use NFR versions, where the licence is only valid for a few more days. It always seems like quickly a video is made before the NFR license expires.... so much for the great love many reviewers have for PA plugins

Probably some of them make more money from advertising, creating presets, helping with plugin development or their YouTube channel than they do from mixing/mastering music (just thought out loud)
My biggest peeve from YouTube plugin reviewers is people making videos on the new plugin that's just been released (when there is maximum interest in that content). Often, not only have they basically just installed it before hitting record on their cameras, but they don't even know many of the features, and just blatently skip them, or say "I don't know what this does" or "the website says it does this" or even worse, just make up what they *think* the feature does and say that instead.

I mean, if you're going to do educational/informative content explaining the new product to people to convey what it is and what it does, and you're monetising off this stuff, *at least skim/read the damn manual and find out what those features you don't know are* - then you can inform your audience properly.

It's really lazy to not be properly prepared to make that kind of content.

I don't really mind celeb endorsements, it's all just part of marketing. I mean, if CLA is giving a quote for a plugin going "this thing is cool!" I think most people can appropriately weight something like that, same as if say Michael Brauer is "I use this plugin *all* the time on my mixes, I love it, and here's why!" - same deal.

I honestly feel that any reasonably intelligent person can understand the purpose of marketing materials, and putting a product in a good light to make it an attractive sales proposition, and judge the incoming information accordingly.

For the people that get annoyed and ranty because, eg they're like "I bought this because myFaveCelebArtist says he uses it all the time, but watched his video and he didn't use it once!", I just feel like these are people that perhaps need a bit more life experience (and also chill a bit!)...
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by makinbeatz ➡️
Platinum mix engineer Ken Lewis likes it, and shows some good tips in using it.
I remember some years ago when Ken had some disgruntled comments relating to his very high enthusiasm of the bx_rooMS when it just came out.
I think ultimately he was banging on about the amount of control and speed that it took to get from the sound he wanted from his mind to actuality rather than the actual sound.
A lot of cats weren’t into the actual sound of the verb..Not sure what the consensus of that product is now, several years later. Wonder if Ken is still using it?
If it was an NFR should be still in his folder...
I still have mine and it has got something going for it. Although there are many more choices available to choose from..
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mu:zines ➡️
It's really lazy to not be properly prepared to make that kind of content.
I often find it quite bad when reviewers don't even have their own opinion or recommendation. It's often just "what do you think, write your opinion in the comments"
But there are also quite well-known reviewers on YouTube who test PA plugins but also honestly say when asked that they find most PA plugins mediocre.

But well-known names who supposedly recommend a plugin should be trusted the least. Either they got the plugin for free or they were paid for it. Reviews by not so well-known users are often more helpful and more honest (IMO)
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I often find it quite bad when reviewers don't even have their own opinion or recommendation. It's often just "what do you think, write your opinion in the comments"
Yep, that happens a lot these days too, and bugs me a bit as well.

It's like they either couldn't be bothered to form an opinion, or didn't want to state one and stand by it because as soon as you post an opinion on the internet it becomes a holy war with people who agree and people who don't, and as soon as you express an opinion, you could well be proven wrong too, and people often don't like that.

So on one hand I get it, but I get a bit annoyed when videos are just "let's compare these things" with no conclusion from the person doing it. It's like reading a review of a bit of gear that lists the features, then stops before the "conclusion" paragraph. Without the personal take of the (supposedly experienced) reviewer/tester, all we are left with is a feature and spec rundown, which we can get from anywhere - so it just becomes more pointless content just to create something to run ads in.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mu:zines ➡️
all we are left with is a feature and spec rundown, which we can get from anywhere - so it just becomes more pointless content just to create something to run ads in.
Thats why I dont watch demovideo's of gear. I read the spec sheet and imagine what I can or can't do with it. And I read opinions here on GS or somewhere else.

Someone speaking in a monotone voice listing specs, stating the obvious and maybe showcasing 1 or 2 presets doenst help me in choosing SW and gear.

Especially if the demo is uploaded within 24hs of a release, seems to me more about gaining views/revenue than explaining/showcasing. That's fine of course, but I dont play that game.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
I remember some years ago when Ken had some disgruntled comments relating to his very high enthusiasm of the bx_rooMS when it just came out.
I think ultimately he was banging on about the amount of control and speed that it took to get from the sound he wanted from his mind to actuality rather than the actual sound.
A lot of cats weren’t into the actual sound of the verb..Not sure what the consensus of that product is now, several years later. Wonder if Ken is still using it?
If it was an NFR should be still in his folder...
I still have mine and it has got something going for it. Although there are many more choices available to choose from..
Dirk said they are working on new reverbs, and delays for this year.
Old 2 weeks ago
plx
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

with all these reviews, GS is always interesting because the first few reivews are always postive and/or fanboy talk. Within about the first 10 posts, the truth comes out -- i always wait now but when i started i was very influenced.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Why do you continue to post on here if you don't like Plugin Alliance products?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
The only requirement to be a true gearslut is to get pregnant via the ear (in this forums case, via reading). If you don't buy what the fan buys say, this is not a place for you.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacertotambem ➡️
The only requirement to be a true gearslut is to get pregnant via the ear (in this forums case, via reading). If you don't buy what the fan buys say, this is not a place for you.
And that's why Dirk doesn't hang out here
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacertotambem ➡️
And that's why Dirk doesn't hang out here
Dirk knows exactly that it is better to stay in the background instead of making a bad name for himself by quarrelling in forums. Maybe he rather count his money and be happy about his Lamborghini
The deal is: the users advertise for free, are beta testers and early adopters and spend their last money on plugins - although most of them probably haven't earned a cent with their music for months (should also be mentioned)
plx
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Dirk knows exactly that it is better to stay in the background instead of making a bad name for himself by quarrelling in forums. Maybe he rather count his money and be happy about his Lamborghini
The deal is: the users advertise for free, are beta testers and early adopters and spend their last money on plugins - although most of them probably haven't earned a cent with their music for months (should also be mentioned)
I’m not sure whether you’re being sarcastic
📝 Reply