Quantcast
Acustica intros Sienna: ‘The’ headphone mixing plugin you were waiting for - Page 64 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica intros Sienna: ‘The’ headphone mixing plugin you were waiting for
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiorange ➡️
Is there a way to use Sienna just for listening to music/CD like you would do with VLC without installing a host, import the wav/flac files…?
On Windows, you can use Eq APO for systemwide (I do). It is really easy to setup
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjava ➡️
On Windows, you can use Eq APO for systemwide (I do). It is really easy to setup
Thanks for the hint.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Can someone give me some lights on whats is the best preset for mixing an entire pop/urban/mainstream whatever song? Happy with the correction part but i dont touch to much the room thing
Here for the gear

Can we get the 58% if we already bought one of the volumes but want to get them all? I bought Volume B, but would buy the rest C,D,E,and F) if they were 58% off.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwitb ➡️
Can someone give me some lights on whats is the best preset for mixing an entire pop/urban/mainstream whatever song? Happy with the correction part but i dont touch to much the room thing
I would try the presets from Spitfire room. I get really great results with this one.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Once again, I did 100% of the mix using SIENNA with my Shure SE846. I mainly use Spitfire room even if I own all packs because I feel it is with this room that I get easier time to mix vocals. That said, I always enjoy to switch to the studios from new packs to give a new perception. 👌

Julia Westlin - Someone Like Me: https://youtu.be/kRQuYJswOhM
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Did you add the AKG K371 yet?
Cheers.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMeShow ➡️
Once again, I did 100% of the mix using SIENNA with my Shure SE846. I mainly use Spitfire room even if I own all packs because I feel it is with this room that I get easier time to mix vocals. That said, I always enjoy to switch to the studios from new packs to give a new perception.

I'm curious, did you used soothe on the vocal? And 2: the video is your mix or it was mastered after?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hi AcusticaCM,
Back in March you guys said you were adding the AKG K371 but you haven’t, when can we expect it?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo ➡️
Hi AcusticaCM,
Back in March you guys said you were adding the AKG K371 but you haven’t, when can we expect it?
I will ask on Monday if they are on the way.
Here for the gear
I have multiple headphones and with each one I get different results on sienna. I'm still not an expert in the program. Between Dt 880 pro and AKG 612 pro, what would be your choice? and between old sennheiser hd 800 and AKG K812 ?. Could any of these last two come close to the LCD X results? I will appreciate any guidance to help me choose between these headphones. Just to say that the Sienna headphone calibration in the reference module seems to me far superior to that of all the competitors without exception, I have tried them all for many years, since I have been working with headphones for decades.
Here for the gear
Quote:
Once again, I did 100% of the mix using SIENNA with my Shure SE846. I mainly use Spitfire room even if I own all packs because I feel it is with this room that I get easier time to mix vocals. That said, I always enjoy to switch to the studios from new packs to give a new perception. 👌

It sounds very good to my ears, and the singer's voice for me is perfectly achieved, with reverb, spatiality, dynamics, eq.
unr
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midiphones ➡️
I have multiple headphones and with each one I get different results on sienna. I'm still not an expert in the program. Between Dt 880 pro and AKG 612 pro, what would be your choice? and between old sennheiser hd 800 and AKG K812 ?. Could any of these last two come close to the LCD X results? I will appreciate any guidance to help me choose between these headphones. Just to say that the Sienna headphone calibration in the reference module seems to me far superior to that of all the competitors without exception, I have tried them all for many years, since I have been working with headphones for decades.
The problem I see, that this is very personal and additionally depending on your individual headphone. It seems there are several production runs released for many models. So one model may not sound exactly the same as the other one.
I'm using DT 1990 with Sienna, and personally for me it's still too bright.
But my DT 880 Edition sounds perfectly balanced with Sienna, though it's still less detailed compared to the 1990. I found that eg. Realphones has a better correction on the DT 1990, maybe they have a better average curve over all released batches of this headphone.

Also, in Sienna the MagicQ control is across the spectrum, which may result in unwanted changes when only wanting to change a high shelf to adapt to the custom model.

All in all Sienna is of course still very good, but also very different to other correction tools. I'm also still searching for the perfect formula. Maybe combining the Realphones correction with Sienna Guru/Rooms.

Btw: I'm also using VSX, and used SonarWorks with Headphones for a long time (now only for monitor correction). So I kinda know the most used tools now. I'd love something like in the new SoundID app from Sonarworks also on Sienna, where you can adjust a custom EQ curve on the Room/correction.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midiphones ➡️
Hmmm but if you get such different results with the headphones, why is the correction superior? I find that more of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unr ➡️
The problem I see, that this is very personal and additionally depending on your individual headphone. It seems there are several production runs released for many models. So one model may not sound exactly the same as the other one.
But my DT 880 Edition sounds perfectly balanced with Sienna, though it's still less detailed compared to the 1990. I found that eg. Realphones has a better correction on the DT 1990, maybe they have a better average curve over all released batches of this headphone.

Also, in Sienna the MagicQ control is across the spectrum, which may result in unwanted changes when only wanting to change a high shelf to adapt to the custom model.

All in all Sienna is of course still very good, but also very different to other correction tools. I'm also still searching for the perfect formula. Maybe combining the Realphones correction with Sienna Guru/Rooms.

Btw: I'm also using VSX, and used SonarWorks with Headphones for a long time (now only for monitor correction). So I kinda know the most used tools now. I'd love something like in the new SoundID app from Sonarworks also on Sienna, where you can adjust a custom EQ curve on the Room/correction.
That is my experience too with Sienna. Sienna is more of a room simulator than a correction tool that you can use to mix your own music recordings. You actually have to turn off the headphone correction and use sonarworks or realphones in addition to be able to work with it.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oper ➡️
That is my experience too with Sienna. Sienna is more of a room simulator than a correction tool that you can use to mix your own music recordings. You actually have to turn off the headphone correction and use sonarworks or realphones in addition to be able to work with it.
Interesting. I've had a completely different experience (albeit for production, not mixing so far). Using Sienna with Audeze LCD-1s when I remove my headphones my speakers in the room sound nearly identical to what I was just hearing (ProAc clones + Sonarworks in a lightly treated space). And vice-versa. Sienna generally gives me clearer feedback on the low end though. I'm mostly using the Spitfire room in Vol B.

FWIW I also own Realphones but I haven't tried using them together as you describe.
Lives for gear

I use the presets exclusively and never adjust anything - not even the output vol from it's initial cut position - if the bass is blowing the meters with Sienna engaged I find ultimately that's my mix, it's not that club emulation. Same goes for the top end in other rooms/speakers.

I've learned to trust it frankly and I leave it on the whole time, whatever I'm doing. Saves a lot of brain ache, wasted time and I'm learning these rooms without realising through familiarity. I use a lot of different rooms and speakers.

I do 99.9% of everything in headphones, I don't have any other option and I thank my lucky stars that I stumbled into Sienna. My headphones are not good for transients so transients need some real speaker checking - I can do that quite well at low volume. That's about it.

Sorry to sound like a fanboy, I'm really the biggest sceptic going but Sienna has changed my headphone experience from frustrating to fun.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
combining sienna with realphones

I am curious to know if anyone else is combining sienna with realphones and in which way? Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I can't really use the headphone correction in Sienna. It sounds terribly off for me across three different headphones experimenting with all of the settings. I used Sonarworks for years before moving on to Morphit and Realphones and also have VSX. I think the room simulation is very good, though, especially with the latest updates.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
I will ask on Monday if they are on the way.
Any word please sir?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo ➡️
Any word please sir?
I checked with our staff today and there seem to be not many requests for that particular model, but they will review the requests forms.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by unr ➡️

Om reference pro u have shelvings
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Spitfire on B?
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:

Sublime.

Bravo les artistes
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oper ➡️
Hmmm but if you get such different results with the headphones, why is the correction superior? I find that more of a problem.

There is always something better to do and there is always something better to try. Due to your comments, I have started using sonarworks after Sienna only in room mode, without headphone correction, and the result is more satisfying to me, as well as the fact that the experience when mixing and producing is more pleasant, and it is easier for me to understand that. is happening with the sound. Some time ago I tried realphones in the same way after sienna with Dt 1990 and the result was very satisfactory.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj ➡️
I can't really use the headphone correction in Sienna. It sounds terribly off for me across three different headphones experimenting with all of the settings. I used Sonarworks for years before moving on to Morphit and Realphones and also have VSX. I think the room simulation is very good, though, especially with the latest updates.
I use the Slate VSX and the Slate Linear phase 2 works a treat for me.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama ➡️
And.....? What's the verdict ?

I'm leaning audeze in about a month. I like my 770's and senn HD280's but am very curious about other planar names being tossed around
Sorry for such a late reply! Anyway I'm still learning the game with Sundara, way different compared to Slate headphones. I'm doing a mix with these and I really need a lot of reference listening..!

I'll get back to you later when I'm more into these headphones
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish ➡️
Sorry for such a late reply! Anyway I'm still learning the game with Sundara, way different compared to Slate headphones. I'm doing a mix with these and I really need a lot of reference listening..!

I'll get back to you later when I'm more into these headphones
Ok.. I've been mixing a rockabilly EP that I recorded in a good studio last week, so far the feedback (from the band) has been:
"healthy sounds!!!"
"aaah, sounds good!"

I gotta admit it's the best I've done, I don't know it it's the Sundara or something else but I like it! And the band likes it!!!
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut ➡️

Great. So I can go ahead and be disappointed this week for next week's update.

Kinda amazed at some of the esoteric headphones you profile, but you barely or have yet to support such " musician" oriented pro audio stalwarts as Shure or Westone.

I bought, but still unable to use without buying a new set of headphones. Some day maybe I can check it out.

Yes, I've submitted officially, several times to make sure it went through (Shure SRH1540, SE846, SE535, Westone W80, W60).
You have ears. 99.99% of the time, you have to be able to hear things to sufficiently be able to use them. The end.
📝 Reply