TC Electronic announces SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES - Page 26 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC Electronic announces SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES
Old 12th April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp ➡️
Maybe, but it would surely be a good thing if they fix the super-high CPU issue. The coding is the problem.
Running Studio One 5.2 here, Win 10, RME Raydat PCI-E.

CPU is a Ryzen 5600x, CPU usage for the VSS4 is between 1.5 and 2%.

Could your issue be related to a particular type of CPU?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasperanza ➡️
Running Studio One 5.2 here, Win 10, RME Raydat PCI-E.

CPU is a Ryzen 5600x, CPU usage for the VSS4 is between 1.5 and 2%.

Could your issue be related to a particular type of CPU?
I really doubt it. Non of the plugins I use causes this much of a CPU drain like the VSS4 HD.

My PC Specs :

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us...-3-00-ghz.html
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I really doubt it. Non of the plugins I use causes this much of a CPU drain like the VSS4 HD.

My PC Specs :

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us...-3-00-ghz.html
Hmmm, a tricky one.

Has anyone else on this thread shown such a considerable percentage use as you? I see others comment that its slightly higher than other FX, but not to your degree. Baffling.

Does anyone else here have a Xeon based system to test this on?
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I ended up buying the bundle. I got my license within seconds from purchasing so I'm guessing the issues are all worked out.

Does anyone have an issue resizing MD3 and MD4 in Studio One 5 on Mac? The rest resize fine.
kdm
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hmmm, a tricky one.

Has anyone else on this thread shown such a considerable percentage use as you? I see others comment that its slightly higher than other FX, but not to your degree. Baffling.
Yes. I'm on an i7 with Windows 8.1, and VSS4 uses 30-40% in Nuendo 11, ProTools 2020 and Studio One 4, but has very low cpu usage when hosted in VEPro. If I recall correctly, this has been reported on a Mac as well.

This was reported to MusicTribe/TC support, and passed on to development 3-4 weeks ago.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Not baffling at all -- reports of heavy CPU usage are bursting at the seams; they're everywhere, in this thread, in others, and on other forums. Some are seeing more feasible CPU percentages but the number of reports of high usage are atypical for plugins meant for public consumption. They have some work to do.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Cent ➡️
If you already have a VSS3 license on your iLok you can use v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui ➡️
Yup, no charge for the new VSS3 GUI.
Thks guyz ...

Please can somebody double check this , i told the support back then about thise one ...

Use vss 3 on a 44 session , and then open it in 48 and see if you don tfeel a change (vol jump) in wet dry ratio , if you go oppposite it will do the inverse lowering the ratio ...

Can anybody confirm ?
Old 13th April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo ➡️
Not baffling at all -- reports of heavy CPU usage are bursting at the seams; they're everywhere, in this thread, in others, and on other forums. Some are seeing more feasible CPU percentages but the number of reports of high usage are atypical for plugins meant for public consumption. They have some work to do.
Ah, perhaps I didn't explain myself well; I meant the 47% CPU usage for one plugin on such a CPU is baffling. As I indicated, I had indeed picked up that usage was higher on some than others.
Old 13th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo ➡️
Did some testing on these plugins just to see what the CPU usage was.

Most testing was done at 44 kHz 24 bit, 48 kHz 24 bit and 96 kHz 64bit.

VSS3 HD not bad on all rates and with different settings and material.
MD4 not bad on all rates and with different settings and material.
VSS4 HD very high on all rates and with different settings and material.

It seemed to me that the CPU usage although higher at 96 kHz 64bit, it was already very high at 44 kHz 24 bit and the difference in rates changed the CPU usage less then expected.

Also, I noticed that the CPU level remained high till just after the tail of the reverb had died out.
It stayed high longer then the length of the reverb by a bit.
(Not very efficient)

I was using a very fast multi-core system with 64 gigs of ram.
Old 13th April 2021
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Got the bundle because VSS4 and MD4. Now playing around with VSS3. Wow, as everyone said. Amazing early reflections, showcasing the source but still sounds natural. Very interesting.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I love the multiband compressor on MD3.
So good!
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk77 ➡️
Did some testing on these plugins just to see what the CPU usage was.

Most testing was done at 44 kHz 24 bit, 48 kHz 24 bit and 96 kHz 64bit.

VSS3 HD not bad on all rates and with different settings and material.
MD4 not bad on all rates and with different settings and material.
VSS4 HD very high on all rates and with different settings and material.

It seemed to me that the CPU usage although higher at 96 kHz 64bit, it was already very high at 44 kHz 24 bit and the difference in rates changed the CPU usage less then expected.

Also, I noticed that the CPU level remained high till just after the tail of the reverb had died out.
It stayed high longer then the length of the reverb by a bit.
(Not very efficient)

I was using a very fast multi-core system with 64 gigs of ram.
Vss4hd is giving me 30 % of cpu hit here, i put it in the same bag as usseless great sounding plugin : some neural dsp /stl tones ...vocalsynth ...waves reverbs ect ...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I keep checking TC Electronic Downloads page daily, to check if they have updated VSS4 HD. It's currently at ver. 1.0

If they fix the high-CPU issue, I might buy it, although I already purchased VSS3 at (Ver. 2.0), which sounds great, and is quite reasonable as far as CPU usage is concerned.

I guess I'm obsessed, also addicted to high-quality Reverbs.

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hi,

I decided to look further into the high-CPU usage of TC Electronic VSS4 HD in my DAW/PC.

The Studio One Pro 5.2 Performance meter shows 37% usage for one instance of VSS4 HD, my PC Task Manager's Performance meter shows 5% .

Now that's a huge difference, and something that makes me think that it might be the S1Pro 5.2 Perf. meter that's not providing the accurate reading.

What do you think about this ? Which CPU meter would you trust in this scenario ?

I might just add more instances of VSS4 HD, to see what happens with the two meters, and if I get any dropouts based on the two CPU meters, to find out which one is the correct/accurate one.

Here is a pic of the two meters.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

kdm
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Now that's a huge difference, and something that makes me think that it might be the S1Pro 5.2 Perf. meter that's not providing the accurate reading.

What do you think about this ? Which CPU meter would you trust in this scenario ?
Since the load problem is present in Cubase/Nuendo, ProTools *and* Studio One, it isn't just S1's meter. The load is reasonable when hosted in VEPro on my system, so it is likely related to VSS4's interface with the DAW. Performance meters register more than just cpu usage, so the two are not necessarily going to show similar loading. A bug can effect the performance meter for other reasons that system cpu usage won't show.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Hi,

I decided to look further into the high-CPU usage of TC Electronic VSS4 HD in my DAW/PC.

The Studio One Pro 5.2 Performance meter shows 37% usage for one instance of VSS4 HD, my PC Task Manager's Performance meter shows 5% .

I might just add more instances of VSS4 HD, to see what happens with the two meters, and if I get any dropouts based on the two CPU meters, to find out which one is the correct/accurate one.

Here is a pic of the two meters.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

You should open up the tick box (show devices) in the S1performance monitor, as that will show the individual plugins running and their corresponding %.Might be different than the overall even if nothing else loaded? Not 100% though...
You could see the difference between vss3 and 4. Mine were 3% and 18% when both running.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Or maybe in order to get the full sound of the hardware 6000 it needs that much processing power and is not a bug. Is that a possibility?
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 28 ➡️
Or maybe in order to get the full sound of the hardware 6000 it needs that much processing power and is not a bug. Is that a possibility?
Not since most users see less than 2% usage. It can only be a bug IMO
HVY
Gear Head

The multiband compressor is one of the best I've heard! I shouldn't demo plugins!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Cpu meter in daws is the asio meter , most of the time it shows the real limit of your daw ... so it is helas the one to consider ...
In that case vss4 is cpu hungry , i even have some cpu spikes randomly ...

By the way i was mixing a 80 ' type of track and needed a gated type reverb , the nonlin was doing wonder , i tried to find a good one and in verbsuites , bricastiy i found a great one , anyone knows a good one ? Or should i do it the old school way and actually gate one
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
Vss4hd is giving me 30 % of cpu hit here, i put it in the same bag as usseless great sounding plugin : some neural dsp /stl tones ...vocalsynth ...waves reverbs ect ...
Yea, getting the same results here or higher 30-40% approximately.

I think I will wait, there is no intro special on these anyway.

Hopefully they will work this out and get the CPU load more reasonable.
Then I might buy it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Here is CPU usage of one instance of VSS4 HD, and VSS3 shown in the S1Pro 5.2 Performance Monitor.

So, surely VSS4 HD needs a CPU usage improvement/fix. Hopefully soon.

VSS4 HD (36%)
VSS3 (6%)

That is 6 folds the CPU usage !

Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk77 ➡️
Yea, getting the same results here or higher 30-40% approximately.

I think I will wait, there is no intro special on these anyway.

Hopefully they will work this out and get the CPU load more reasonable.
Then I might buy it.
VSS3 is enougth for me , VSS4 HD is just a goodies not necessary ; the non linear really brings something less comon .... as for high quality reverbs , we have great stuff from UAD to seven heavens ect ...
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Here is CPU usage of one instance of VSS4 HD, and VSS3 shown in the S1Pro 5.2 Performance Monitor.

So, surely VSS4 HD needs a CPU usage improvement/fix. Hopefully soon.

VSS4 HD (36%)
VSS3 (6%)

That is 6 folds the CPU usage !

My system is the same ratio at 6 times.
Vsr24 is 12%
I would suggest vsr24 on your system is 24%
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
My system is the same ratio at 6 times.
Vsr24 is 12%
I would suggest vsr24 on your system is 24%
I haven't checked what the VSR24 is consuming on my system, I will test it and post it on this thread.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I haven't checked what the VSR24 is consuming on my system, I will test it and post it on this thread.
Interesting to note also that vss3 has a 8.5 ms latency yet VSS4 is zero.
Same on my system...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Interesting to note also that vss3 has a 8.5 ms latency yet VSS4 is zero.
Same on my system...
Yes, I noticed that. I'm not sure if that has any impact given 8.5 ms is minimal amount of delay.

OK. So,

VSR S24 (14%)
VSS3 (6%)
VSS4 HD (36%)

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
My RAM Buffer was set to 512 Samples for the results above.

I changed to 128 Samples, and the VSS3 latency went down to 2.6 ms, consuming 7% CPU.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Surprises me that your vsr24 is only 14%.
Gear Nut

Its interesting how the VSS3 has stood the test of time.
VSS4 might do the same if they can fix the CPU problem.
📝 Reply