Quantcast
Izotope releases Ozone Pro subscription service - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Izotope releases Ozone Pro subscription service
Old 7th March 2021
Lives for gear

Izotope releases Ozone Pro subscription service

Saw this and didn't see a thread here for discussion.

it's 24.99 per month for those that don't want to click through the link to investigate.

Ozone Pro is our latest version of Ozone, which is now available exclusively in the new Music Production Suite Pro subscription. It includes everything in our flagship Ozone 9 Advanced software, plus—as long as you are subscribed—you will continue to receive new features and version upgrades as soon as they are ready.

Try it for free today and see what you have been missing in the latest version of Ozone including:

Master Rebalance to adjust vocals, drums, and bass in stereo files
Low end focus to clean up mud in lower frequencies
Improved Master Assistant with a new vintage mode
Performance improvements allowing you to use more instances of Ozone
Plus UI improvements, resizable windows, and more

Now is a great time to see what you’ve been missing in Ozone Pro. Try Music Production Suite Pro free for 7-days and experience the new Ozone, plus Neutron Pro, Nectar Pro, RX Pro for Music, and our new Control Room filled with tutorials and tips.

https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/musi...o-monthly.html
Old 7th March 2021
Lives for gear

One thing that I saw right out of the gate is that they state latest version of Ozone is now "exclusively in the new Music Production Suite Pro subscription". I wonder if this means we won't be able to upgrade to future versions of Ozone and will need to buy the subscription to stay current with Izotope?
Old 7th March 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I see that their old products (Ozone 9, etc) are still available for purchase on their website. Maybe they will still offer upgrades on these products with the new features that are first introduced in the "Pro" subscription. So, for example, in a year Ozone 10 would be released with all the new features that first appeared to the subscription customers. I own Ozone 8 and RX 6, and will upgrade next cycle. I don't think I'll ever go subscription on these products, because that would be more $ than my AVID PT Ultimate subscription, and Izotope's products aren't that compelling. Forcing me to migrate to a subscription would drive me elsewhere, because these tools are available from many vendors. Pro Tools Ultimate can force me to their subscription model because they are one of very few DAWs that allow me to mix in Dolby Atmos.

Good luck iZotope. Don't screw it up.
Old 7th March 2021
Quote:
The “Pro” label indicates the subscription version of an iZotope product. “Pro” products will be receiving additional features and updates over time, which will be available to you as long as you subscribe.
OK, no problem.
Old 7th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto ➡️
One thing that I saw right out of the gate is that they state latest version of Ozone is now "exclusively in the new Music Production Suite Pro subscription". I wonder if this means we won't be able to upgrade to future versions of Ozone and will need to buy the subscription to stay current with Izotope?
Unfortunately I think you’re correct. It sounds like only the “Pro” subscribers will get the new features as they roll out..

If that’s the case, I will never ever buy something from them again! It’s a real nasty/greedy business model in a very challenging times.. It really shows you how much Izotope cares for their customers..
Old 7th March 2021
Gear Addict

Bye bye, iZotope. Things really got out of control with these subscriptions as if actually owning a productc is something bad. This is a d*** move from iZotope and a middle finger to all the people whot bought their products. Not buying anyhting from them ever again.
Old 7th March 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Izotope has been greedy as f lately (promo everyday), and now this trap, smells really bad ...
Old 7th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
On another forum (boohoo) someone said about Daws (which I think is applicable here); The products are so developed now that it's hard for companies to keep up the yearly update cycle in the near future.
In comes the subscription model.

I only have Roland Cloud Core for $3, which is what I am willing to pay for a subscription (for a hobby which is music for me nowadays).
Old 7th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ive got alot of iZotope products, latest versions.

My customer relationship with iZotope is now over. What a disrespectful, shady move.
Old 7th March 2021
Gear Maniac

I see that izotope has also become a subscription.
Personally, I like products that are bought outright...
Old 7th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Indeed.. This is really a d1ck move. I'm not against subs, just GIVE PEOPLE THE F' OPTION Stating that new features are for subscribers only is a big middle finger to all the people who supported them with thousands of dollars through the years..

Old 7th March 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
What a curious strategy... Count me out and really angry.
Old 7th March 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I'm not one to compain but this is bs. I paid alot of money for Izotope products and now they are screwing me by hiding more advanced features behind s subscription fee? No thanks.
Old 7th March 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Can't wait for the iZotope Vinyl Pro subscription for $5,99 per month!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
Indeed.. This is really a d1ck move. I'm not against subs, just GIVE PEOPLE THE F' OPTION Stating that new features are for subscribers only is a big middle finger to all the people who supported them with thousands of dollars through the years..

I'm the same. I don't really care about subs as long as there is an opportunity to buy as well. I said this back in 2015 when Slate turned their backs on us.

But have izotope officially said that you won't be able to buy or upgrade their products, or is this speculation at the moment?

They won't get another cent from me if there's no option to buy.
Old 7th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Izotope update path has always smelt a little off to me.
I only upgraded to the latest Ozone a few months back.
The least they could do, if this is how they want their future business model to run, is to offer already - heavily ******** invested - customers at the very least the first year free.

But yeh I always thought their update path a joke so count me out
Old 7th March 2021
TZk
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
subscription = bye
Old 7th March 2021
Gear Nut

sad times...smaller companies will benefit from this move so that's good...bye Izotope
Old 7th March 2021
Gear Head

Bye bye izotope!! No subscriptions!!!
Old 7th March 2021
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
IF we believe that future PRO only modules eventually will be included in the next perpetual versions. I say great, let pro users be the beta testers.

Amazed that still years after plugin subs were introduced... no one still presents the product attracting both sub and perpetual users. I don't want to rent everything, I don't want to rent what I own and I don't want to buy what I rent unless it gives me a lower monthly fee.
Old 7th March 2021
Gear Head

There is absolutely no way I will ever purchase a subscription for any plugin. I hope they maintain the option to buy outright like they have been doing. Otherwise, they won't be seeing any of my money ever again.
Old 7th March 2021
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I hate the idea of a subscription. But for me, there are three products that I use in basically every track, that I find essentially indispensable:

1) My DAW (Logic)
2) Kontakt
3) Ozone (and, to a lesser but substantial level, Neutron and Nectar)

I would never consider subscriptions for any other plugins, even ones I really like such as the entire U-He and Soundtoys lines. Losing them would be painful, but, for me, doable.

But now that Izotope has fallen to subscription (although it’s not entirely clear if it’s subscription only yet), and we’ve heard rumblings about Logic (or at least Final Cut) and Kontakt (pure speculation, I think, with the new owner), I can’t say definitively I won’t do it. I need time to think and consider alternatives, but if subscription is ever the only choice for these three, I may succumb.

And I hate both myself and the companies for it.
Old 7th March 2021
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Subscription is a good alternative, but it should be something you choice. But it is a solution for the companies that run out of ideas or competition is to fierce. Subscriptions make the vendor lacy. I have their music production suite v1. I have not seen any reason what so ever do update. Subscription? Not a chance. The most used part of their bundle is their de-hum plugin. But why do people think is a subscription only? To me it seems like you can still can buy it, but you dont get the new stuff if you dont buy a update or have a subscription.
Old 7th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The audio plugin and DAW world is very quickly going in the direction I predicted a few years ago when subscriptions started appearing. Everybody kept saying what a great deal subscriptions are and how good value they are, but the OPPOSITE is true.

If everybody goes subscription, the ability to own a lot of different company products disappears. What if you in the future want a few plugins from iZotope, Slate, Waves, Plugin Alliance, Softube and a few different DAWs??? You suddenly end up paying hundreds of dollars per month!!. This is far more costly than buying exactly the plugins and DAWs you actually need a few times per year. Even if you spend 1000$ in a year on software, those hundreds per month will quickly outclass that spending.

There's also a sort of addictive element to all of this.. being tied to a subscription and being exposed to "new" updates constantly.

Luckily none of this is forced upon us. We of course have the power by voting with our wallets.

.. and yes, iZotope have been a greedy shady company for many years now. The last product I purchased from them was RX 6 Advanced and wowed then to never give them a dime again. So far I've held true to that promise and doesn't seem like anything has changed with the company to warrant a re-examination of that promise.
Old 7th March 2021
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I do not understand the problem.
As far as I see there's still the 'normal' purchase path.
I expect there will be an upgrade path for bought products as well in the future.
Or does someone know anything contrary?
Old 7th March 2021
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
According to Izotope's website (https://www.izotope.com/en/membership-comparison.html), "over time, the Pro [subscription] versions will start getting updates that will not be available in the non-subscription versions of the products."

Accordingly, it's not clear, at least to me, whether those Pro (subscription) features will eventually make their way to the non-subscription versions on a delayed basis (as part of a regular paid upgrade release cycle, for example), or whether some features will never migrate over.

Last edited by SirkusPi; 7th March 2021 at 05:07 PM..
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic ➡️
The audio plugin and DAW world is very quickly going in the direction I predicted a few years ago when subscriptions started appearing. Everybody kept saying what a great deal subscriptions are and how good value they are, but the OPPOSITE is true.

If everybody goes subscription, the ability to own a lot of different company products disappears. What if you in the future want a few plugins from iZotope, Slate, Waves, Plugin Alliance, Softube and a few different DAWs??? You suddenly end up paying hundreds of dollars per month!!. This is far more costly than buying exactly the plugins and DAWs you actually need a few times per year. Even if you spend 1000$ in a year on software, those hundreds per month will quickly outclass that spending.

There's also a sort of addictive element to all of this.. being tied to a subscription and being exposed to "new" updates constantly.

Luckily none of this is forced upon us. We of course have the power by voting with our wallets.

.. and yes, iZotope have been a greedy shady company for many years now. The last product I purchased from them was RX 6 Advanced and wowed then to never give them a dime again. So far I've held true to that promise and doesn't seem like anything has changed with the company to warrant a re-examination of that promise.
That is the hole point from the vendors point of view. They would like you to pay more. And if you are the one that more or less can force you customer to follow will win. But it's also a risk that you lose too many customers. (And they will not come back) And I dont think that there many plugin vendors that are in the position that dictate the rules in the same way as DAW vendor. Replacing a processing plugin is so much easier than replacing the workflow like a DAW. The only ones that I can image have chance to the ones that are central to a ecosystem like Kontakt. I think the majority of plugin buyers are non professional and most can not have more than a few subscriptions.
Old 7th March 2021
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
:( Like my izotope plugins but they aren't central enough to my workflow to deserve a subscription. But I will keep using the latest standalone versions as they become "outdated"
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bace ➡️
That is the hole point from the vendors point of view. They would like you to pay more. And if you are the one that more or less can force you customer to follow will win. But it's also a risk that you lose too many customers. (And they will not come back) And I dont think that there many plugin vendors that are in the position that dictate the rules in the same way as DAW vendor. Replacing a processing plugin is so much easier than replacing the workflow like a DAW. The only ones that I can image have chance to the ones that are central to a ecosystem like Kontakt. I think the majority of plugin buyers are non professional and most can not have more than a few subscriptions.
Hi bace,
I agree...
Old 7th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
That’s why needed Exponential Audio, they can now offer all audio tools in one subscription. They already had eq, dynamics, restoration etc.... They were missing good reverb and modulation.

Last edited by ctms777; 7th March 2021 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: Typo
📝 Reply