The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AudioThing releases : ALBOROSIE DUB STATION
Old 1st February 2021
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
AudioThing releases : ALBOROSIE DUB STATION

FILTER, ECHO, SPRING BY ALBOROSIE

Straight from the heart of Jamaica’s most prolific music community, Waterhouse in Kingston, we proudly introduce you the Alborosie Dub Station.

We sampled, analyzed, and carefully recreated the original filter, echos, and spring reverb pre-owned, modified, and used by the legendary Osbourne Ruddock “King Tubby” – producer, studio engineer, and pioneer of dub reggae from the golden era of the 70s – from Alborosie’s personal vintage gear collection.

ECHOWUK: directly from federal studios, then King Tubby studio in Waterhouse Kingston, the MCI 2 track tape that was used to record and also to create the echo effect for most of the reggae classics overall and popular Tubby’s instrumental dub mixes.

SPRING BLING: directly from King Tubby studio in Waterhouse Kingston, the modified Fairchild Spring Reverb used by the Maestro himself in most classic records and dub mixes he recorded and produced.

FILTER MAN: modeled after Tubby’s so-called “Big Knob”, a passive high-pass filter with eleven frequency steps from 70Hz to 7.5KHz. This filter defined the sound of the entire ‘roots’ area of Jamaican music!

Special thanks to Lloyd James “King Jammy” for the continuous inspiration and guidance.

MCI 2 Track Tape

Fairchild Spring Reverb :

King Tubby’s MCI Console

Link : https://www.audiothing.net/effects/a...e-dub-station/
Price : 79 Euros (129 euros regular) :
59 Euros for owners of Outer Space or Springs
49 Euros if you own Outer Space AND Springs

Last edited by Jeezo; 1st February 2021 at 09:48 PM..
Old 1st February 2021
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
I swear i was chilling in house listening to this while i just received the email !!!

Old 1st February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
I swear i was chilling in house listening to this while i just received the email !!!

Wow! This is going to be hard to resist,Audiothing makes some great effect plugins and they’ve been on a roll lately!
I’m checking this out but in my case I think resistance will be futile,lol
Old 1st February 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
At least for me as owner of Springs the upgrade price is 59 Euros...
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjuenke ➡️
At least for me as owner of Springs the upgrade price is 59 Euros...
Yes, I have Outer Space and it says 59 euro.
Old 1st February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Dear AudioThing,

If you're reading this, just a bit of feedback re your pricing. Obviously it's your company so you can do what you want and you have the sales data that I don't.

Your plugins used to be no-brainer prices and I'd regularly buy one after a Friday night beer, however I notice they're steadily increasing in price to the point where I never get around to buying them.

€59 upgrade is reasonable enough but €129 seems a tad excessive.

In any event thanks for all your great products.
Old 1st February 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Exactly my opinion. The pricing is out of my impulse buy range and therefore I'm pretty reluctant to jump onto these offers.
Old 1st February 2021
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
OK i double checked and seems like this (gonna edit first post)

49 Euros if you own both .

59 Euros if you own one of them .

First contact is wiked !!! did i mentionned that this GUI is simply beautyfull , i hope other Audiothing would look as classy !!

Just sent a request to Audiothing , posting here to check if this makes sens for you guyz also .

Basically i asked for a Frequency End lock features , depending on the type of contyrollers you have it can be tuff to turn and end where you want , if i use atom i have to crank , if i used KK it's resolution is different ....so a way to lock for exemple at 1K would make me just crank the controllers without bother not matter what HW i'm using !!

I also asked for more delay type (dual / ping pong) , i know it's original HW but sound so good , need more options !!
Old 1st February 2021
Gear Addict

This looks like an extremely interesting combination of features, not only for Roots Reggae and dubby genres, but generally for "oldschool in the box" sound!

I also have to agree on the notion that the price seems a bit steep, at least in context of my plugin budget. Guess I will have to stick to my current arsenal of Spring Reverb, tape delay and filter tools for now, despite liking the all-in-one plugin idea.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy ➡️
Dear AudioThing,

If you're reading this, just a bit of feedback re your pricing. Obviously it's your company so you can do what you want and you have the sales data that I don't.

Your plugins used to be no-brainer prices and I'd regularly buy one after a Friday night beer, however I notice they're steadily increasing in price to the point where I never get around to buying them.

I noticed the pricing thing also , but in this case they may have to pay the guy also !! (Alborosie)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I noticed the pricing thing also , but in this case they may have to pay the guy also !! (Alborosie)
Yeah I considered this and it's most likely a factor however the increase isn't an anomaly, rather a steady rise over the last few releases.

Anyway, dont wish to turn it into a thing (no pun); I've given my feedback and will leave it there.
Old 1st February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I already have both Outerspace and Springs and I’m also a huge King Tubby Dub fanatic so this is irresistible for me.
I understand the list price of 129 Euros seems a bit pricey but this is not a generic reverb & imo a 79 Euro intro price for people that don’t have Outerspace or Springs is a decent price for a specialized character plugin that’s released by an extremely talented developer like Audiothing.
Last month Wires now Alborosie Dub Machine all I can say is Audiothing is on a roll!

Last edited by kgdrum_nyc; 1st February 2021 at 11:14 PM..
Old 1st February 2021
joh
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
again !!

Just when I thought i would not buy more plugins, Audiothing - again - comes around with something brilliant.

Do I need another EQ or comp ?
I guess no.
But this is a character plugin for creating sounds in a second that you know and love from the past...

So after playing with it for an hour or so it seems I need this.
Old 1st February 2021
Gear Guru

This is a great example of a plug-in I don’t give a sh1t about and will maybe use once but will buy instantly... (I own springs and outer space) wimpy to support a great dev... especially now in crazy Covid times
Old 1st February 2021
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Oh my.

Just tried this.
The modeled imperfections are... perfect!
Running it in dual mono is pure bliss.
Old 1st February 2021
Deleted 6a619e4
Whats the tech behind this? Convolution? They say they sampled some gear...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 6a619e4 ➡️
That’s a great question,I was wondering the same thing as Alborosie mentions sampling the gear a few times.
Old 1st February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Would like to buy this with the discount and own a few of AudioThings Plugins.. REALLY good, unique and useful... Vinyl Strip is DOPE!

Wires is great AND weird...

Strange thing is I'm sure I own Outer Space but it's not showing up in my alangold23 @ gmail diggydot com account area?

Well done AudioThing on getting this one out there... Great Works..

OneLove

Agzilla / ConcreteRoots

http://smartlinks.cygnusmusic.net/l/...ccc5392632c763
Old 2nd February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla ➡️
Would like to buy this with the discount and own a few of AudioThings Plugins.. REALLY good, unique and useful... Vinyl Strip is DOPE!

Wires is great AND weird...

Strange thing is I'm sure I own Outer Space but it's not showing up in my alangold23 @ gmail diggydot com account area?

Well done AudioThing on getting this one out there... Great Works..

OneLove

Agzilla / ConcreteRoots

http://smartlinks.cygnusmusic.net/l/...ccc5392632c763

@ Agzilla If you bought Outerspace from a 3rd party Audiothing might not be aware you have it.
If I remember correctly I had a similar issue a couple of months ago,you might want to contact Audiothing.
Old 2nd February 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Now you’re talking! I’m off to grab my melodica!!
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood ➡️
This is a great example of a plug-in I don’t give a sh1t about and will maybe use once but will buy instantly... (I own springs and outer space) wimpy to support a great dev... especially now in crazy Covid times
B , go full wet on echo , dis engage reverb , and put delay time at minimum check the saturation and color !!!

Def a feature request : bypass delay to just have SAT and thd from the unit PLEASE !!!
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 6a619e4 ➡️
Pretty sure reverb is convo , maybe the delay also (since it was used on previuous plugins ) for the filter , i don't see why not ....
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Def a feature request : bypass delay to just have SAT and thd from the unit PLEASE !!!
I wish all character modeling delays had this option. It would be cool on Audiothing's Outer Space, IK's Space Delay and Wavesfactory's Echo Cat. I mention these three because I use all of them in this way but always have to compensate for delay afterwards. These tend to be my lofi tape go-tos.
Old 2nd February 2021
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
By the way , the concept of dub mechanic can be seen here !!

check how he playz with filter position
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublave ➡️
I wish all character modeling delays had this option. It would be cool on Audiothing's Outer Space, IK's Space Delay and Wavesfactory's Echo Cat. I mention these three because I use all of them in this way but always have to compensate for delay afterwards. These tend to be my lofi tape go-tos.
True , the UAD tape echo is a pure beauty in that aspect , i'm def planing of passing samples in and bounce , edit and create kits
AudioThing

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy ➡️
Dear AudioThing,

Yes, you are right, we are slowly increasing our prices, although we have probably found the right spot with our "regular" plugins ($/€ 49-69).
We outlined this and other changes a couple of years ago: https://www.audiothing.net/blog/moving-forward/

The amount of work, detail, and also people involved in each plugin has increased considerably over the years, so a price change has to be considered sooner or later. The good thing is that, although we have now 26 plugins, we can keep them all alive with constant updates.

Anyway, this one is also a bit different as it can be considered a "signature" plugin.

Thank you for your feedback, as many of you already know, we listen carefully to what our customer's say.
AudioThing

🎧 10 years
We have used a combination of convolution and algorithms to replicate the three effects.

For the filter, we sampled the impulse response at each frequency. Then we recreated the exact curve of the filter, carefully selecting each frequency, Q, and gain for each step. I became personally obsessed with this filter

For the echo, the technique was very similar but required a lot of tweaks (more like a black-box approach) to match exactly what Alborosie had in mind.

The spring reverb is mostly convolution, but there's a gentle valve emulation in front of it.
AudioThing

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla ➡️
Strange thing is I'm sure I own Outer Space but it's not showing up in my account area?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdrum_nyc ➡️
@ Agzilla If you bought Outerspace from a 3rd party Audiothing might not be aware you have it.
If I remember correctly I had a similar issue a couple of months ago,you might want to contact Audiothing.
It depends on when you bought the plugin. We now require each customer to register an account, and in case the purchase was made from a distributor, a redeem code has to be used to associate the license to the account itself.
Contact us and we'll have a look.
AudioThing

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublave ➡️
I wish all character modeling delays had this option.
Well, it really depends on how the algorithm works. Sometimes the character you get really depends on all the components interacting with each other. It's the same for Outer Space.
We used a different approach on Reels and Wires for example, hence the ability to turn off the echo completely.
Old 2nd February 2021
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
There seems to be a bug with the AU demo in Logic.
Once the silence kicks in it gets jammed and no sound passes through it.
You have to reload a new instance rather than just left the silence clear after 3 secs.

Last edited by Beatworld; 2nd February 2021 at 03:05 PM..
📝 Reply