Quantcast
Antelope Audio announces Zen Go Synergy Core - Page 15 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Antelope Audio announces Zen Go Synergy Core
Old 3rd June 2021 | Show parent
  #421
Lives for gear
 
euphoria89's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
That version doesnt show when i load up the launcher. Strange..
Old 3rd June 2021 | Show parent
  #422
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMT ➡️
Zen Go SC Bundle 2.3.2

AuraVerb is now available as an Insert Effect.
That and they fixed the guitar amp settings not recalling!

Released: (02.06.2021)



Zen Go Synergy Core FW 1.55 / Bundle 2.3.2:

New in Version 1.55:



- AuraVerb can be now used as insert from the Synergy Core FX Library.



Improvements & Fixes in Version 1.55:

- Fixed Playback doesn't resume correctly when plugging and unplugging the device (macOS)

- Updated Internal preset manager to report and store FX settings correctly

- Resolved Critical Error Message when loading older sessions or files on new firmware builds and the FX libraries.



- Updated the default settings values on the vintage compressors

- Fixed the bug in guitar amps and cabinets which defaults the settings after the device gets restarted.

- Improved stability & performance of core system components 
Old 3rd June 2021 | Show parent
  #423
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria89 ➡️
That version doesnt show when i load up the launcher. Strange..
I'll check this when I get home.

Edit: I'm seeing it.
Old 4th June 2021 | Show parent
  #424
Lives for gear
 
euphoria89's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Strange, i wonder if it's only hit certain countries on the server. Im UK based and still nothing showing other than 2.2.10.
Old 4th June 2021 | Show parent
  #425
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria89 ➡️
Strange, i wonder if it's only hit certain countries on the server. Im UK based and still nothing showing other than 2.2.10.
Did you get the latest launcher update, 2.5.11?
Old 5th June 2021 | Show parent
  #426
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria89 ➡️
I am interested in this product and the RME babyface Pro FS as a portable 2+ recording interface for when i cannot take my Apollo Rack units on the road.

Based on specs, the Zen Go and many other interfaces blow the RME out of the water, and are often cheaper too. The only other solution is the Symphony Desktop but that is 3x the price of the Zen Go. The Tour is even more expensive and i like the appeal of USB powered interfaces.

I rarely use MIDI/DAW monitoring as I do everything with instruments and via the software that comes with each so latency/buffer sizes isn't the biggest factor for me. I would say sound quality and ease of use/overall system stability would be my biggest factors. I am however, slightly concerned by previous comments regarding their support and driver stability which I have heard they are attempting to improve.

I will be using Windows 10 on Intel and AMD systems.

Not much info on the web regarding the Zen Go but it is in stock here in the UK, whereas the RME is sold out everywhere.
I have the Original Rme Babyface, Zen go, & uad twin x. The zen drivers are solid. Noticed latency isn't a concern for you but it is a slightly higher on the Zen go than the Babyface. So the Babyface pro fs prob has noticable difference in latency. Sound quality they will be pretty close! I do like the Zen sound & will get a bbface pro fs & compare asap.
Old 5th June 2021 | Show parent
  #427
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geenie ➡️
Hmm think about gettin the Zen Go as well. I have an Apollo Twin X QUAD I wonder if the Zen Go has better AD DA Converters.
Uad sounds a little warmer but for me that translates a negative my 1st mixes end up a little thin. But both interfaces sound great.
Old 5th June 2021 | Show parent
  #428
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geenie ➡️
Sometimes I think there might be a little bit of muddiness in the lows with the Apollos. I also read other ppl noticed that too. If I sell my Twin X and buy the Go I can take that rest money and invest in an external preamp.I have enough UAD plugins to sell the whole thing for a good price. Now with the Heritage Bundle going on its even more worth it. Its just a consideration. I'm not sure. I'm on Windows with Thunderbolt 3 and of course USB 3 and C.
What sucks is that you can't use their plugins in your DAW. But 1 core is only for tracking anyway. I also could invest in Waves plugins which are cheaper than UAD. Hmm or maybe I'll buy it as a second reference interface!?
Good post! On the uad regarding lows/low mids I just use the ik multimedia room correction. Helps sort out that prob!
Old 5th June 2021 | Show parent
  #429
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliveros ➡️
Would some owner of the unit be willing to do a low latency performance benchamark test, as per Dawbench https://www.dawbench.com/audio-int-lowlatency.htm ?
I think a lot of people would be interested in this, as we could somewhat objectively compare the unit against the competition.
I myself am thinking of upgrading to Fireface Pro FS, above all for its driver stability and ASIO efficiency, but this unit intrigued me. The latency specs on the DrStone's review look pretty neat, it is important to to know however, how efficient the ASIO driver behaves under load. If it delivers similarly or even close to the FF Pro, I would gladly go with this one.
Babyface pro fs is lower latency. I have the orig bf & it's average 1 sec lower latency than the Zen go so slightly lower than the Zen go. I'm keeping the Zen go for mobile because latency is still low enough & the interface sounds great. Ordering the bf pro fs. Will see exactly latency diff. Tested on 2 computers win10. i9's with 32gn ram & 64gb ram. 9th &10gen computers. 2x's 2tb Nvme ssds
Old 5th June 2021 | Show parent
  #430
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetchild ➡️
Cool.....I am getting mine on Thursday, I was also interested in the BLA revolution but on that one, you can't bypass the preamps.....The zen go is 4x8, Does anyone know if I would be able to add 2 extra in's thru s/pdif if I also buy the Bla revolution which also has s/pdif, I have never done this with audio interfaces
I use the coax spidif to add outboard gear that comes from another interface to add a stereo pair into the Zen go, works great!
Old 5th June 2021 | Show parent
  #431
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsMakeMusic ➡️
I use the coax spidif to add outboard gear that comes from another interface to add a stereo pair into the Zen go, works great!
Same! I have connected my iPad to the SPDIF to incorporate the iOS music eco system into the setup and it works great.
Old 6th June 2021 | Show parent
  #432
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratterbass ➡️
Same! I have connected my iPad to the SPDIF to incorporate the iOS music eco system into the setup and it works great.
I didn't even know this was possible... Can you explain how it works??

Thanks
Old 6th June 2021
  #433
Gear Maniac
now with the new RME Fireface ucx II coming I really think about gettin that one maybe.
Old 7th June 2021
  #434
Gear Head
 
Anyone having trouble with the monitor outputs on these? A friend just got one recently and brought it over to test on my speakers (Yamaha HS7s) because his speakers (KRK Rokits) were outputting crunchy, grating highs that were instantly fatiguing. It was the same on my speakers. We switched between my Apollo Twin and the Zen Go Synergy Core, and the difference was stark. I can do hours at a time with the Apollo, but a couple of minutes with the Zen Go Synergy Core was already grating. This was his second Zen Go Synergy Core, because the first one he got exhibiting the same issue. Any software settings in the Antelope Audio or Windows software he could be missing, or maybe he just got two bad units in a row? I didn't test the headphone jack, but he said it had the same issue.
Old 12th June 2021 | Show parent
  #435
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflood ➡️
Anyone having trouble with the monitor outputs on these? A friend just got one recently and brought it over to test on my speakers (Yamaha HS7s) because his speakers (KRK Rokits) were outputting crunchy, grating highs that were instantly fatiguing. It was the same on my speakers. We switched between my Apollo Twin and the Zen Go Synergy Core, and the difference was stark. I can do hours at a time with the Apollo, but a couple of minutes with the Zen Go Synergy Core was already grating. This was his second Zen Go Synergy Core, because the first one he got exhibiting the same issue. Any software settings in the Antelope Audio or Windows software he could be missing, or maybe he just got two bad units in a row? I didn't test the headphone jack, but he said it had the same issue.
I did compare my Zen Go with my RME Babyface Pro FS and I didn't experience this on Yamaha MSP5 monitors. Nothing special with my settings. I can't tell you if they sound exactly the same. I think the RME has a bit more definition but I could be wrong, I'm kinda losing my hearing reference the time it takes to switch cables back and forth. The zen go sounds pleasant to me.
Old 14th June 2021 | Show parent
  #436
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMold ➡️
I did compare my Zen Go with my RME Babyface Pro FS and I didn't experience this on Yamaha MSP5 monitors. Nothing special with my settings. I can't tell you if they sound exactly the same. I think the RME has a bit more definition but I could be wrong, I'm kinda losing my hearing reference the time it takes to switch cables back and forth. The zen go sounds pleasant to me.
Thanks @ RickMold . Very possible he some how got two bad units in a row, even though it seems like the odds are unlikely. After all the good reviews on here I couldn't imagine that the sound I was hearing was a feature of this unit.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #437
Here for the gear
 
How hot it gets when it powered for hours?
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #438
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzivdo ➡️
How hot it gets when it powered for hours?
Mine gets warm, but never too hot to get concerned.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #439
Here for the gear
 
I've read all pages in this thread and viewed few reviews about zen go. What i dislike:
1) It require PC each time to setup session, app loads too slow (said more than 20 sec). It be the best if it saved session state internally.
2) The ground noise issue looks like hardware issue, they even have the page dedicated to it in FAQ (dated 2 july 2021), but it ridiculous. They should fix it in hardware.
3) According reviews it more noisy and less gain than specified compared even to cheaper interfaces.

I trying to choose to which interface replace my id4 (first revision), it has huge monitoring issues - volume is too low and noise is too high in headphone output. It doesn't save volume settings.

So I think about:
1) ssl2 - it have even better real gain, better by few db noise level in preamp, same dyn range, and more power in headphones output. its twice cheaper. no dsp fun.
2) arturia audiofuse rev 2, the best pre-amp specs across all cheaper interfaces. too hot when it work about 50 C degree. no dsp fun, costs more
3) or this fresh zen go with alot of bugs, possibly some not fixable (hardware).

I will use windows, so UA solo usb is not a choice, it have even more issues. as for Babyface Pro FS - i just dislike design and inconvenience of input placement.

So I hesitate between realtime dsp for monitoring (like eq, compressor and reverb), possibility in future to use virtual mic in realtime VS stability and simplicity of use. The virtual mic idea i like and want to try in future, but seems its possible with plugins but not in RT.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #440
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzivdo ➡️
I've read all pages in this thread and viewed few reviews about zen go. What i dislike:
1) It require PC each time to setup session, app loads too slow (said more than 20 sec). It be the best if it saved session state internally.
2) The ground noise issue looks like hardware issue, they even have the page dedicated to it in FAQ (dated 2 july 2021), but it ridiculous. They should fix it in hardware.
3) According reviews it more noisy and less gain than specified compared even to cheaper interfaces.

I trying to choose to which interface replace my id4 (first revision), it has huge monitoring issues - volume is too low and noise is too high in headphone output. It doesn't save volume settings.

So I think about:
1) ssl2 - it have even better real gain, better by few db noise level in preamp, same dyn range, and more power in headphones output. its twice cheaper. no dsp fun.
2) arturia audiofuse rev 2, the best pre-amp specs across all cheaper interfaces. too hot when it work about 50 C degree. no dsp fun, costs more
3) or this fresh zen go with alot of bugs, possibly some not fixable (hardware).

I will use windows, so UA solo usb is not a choice, it have even more issues. as for Babyface Pro FS - i just dislike design and inconvenience of input placement.

So I hesitate between realtime dsp for monitoring (like eq, compressor and reverb), possibility in future to use virtual mic in realtime VS stability and simplicity of use. The virtual mic idea i like and want to try in future, but seems its possible with plugins but not in RT.
1. It does save the last session setup to the hardware. So all the effects and channel settings are saved.
2. I haven't come across that issue with mine. I was worried about it when I purchased it, but it's a non issue for me.
3. From a tech standpoint, that's true. But it's not any worse from what I had before. Gain wise, it's more than what I had. I believe connecting to a USB 3 port makes the difference.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #441
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheNSA ➡️
1. It does save the last session setup to the hardware. So all the effects and channel settings are saved.
How long it boots in seconds?

How fast it loads another saved session?

Does it really mixer app starts 20+ sec?
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #442
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzivdo ➡️
How long it boots in seconds?

How fast it loads another saved session?

Does it really mixer app starts 20+ sec?
Take about 4 seconds to boot.

Saved sessions load almost immediately.

For me, it takes around 20 seconds to load. I personally wish they'd allow it to be minimized to the tray. But there is an option to load it when you open the launcher. Just be sure to not close it after if you're gonna be using it regularly.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #443
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheNSA ➡️
.
Does the emulation plugins works with any mic out of the box?
If not, is it possible to activate them from bonus voucher and use with another mic with near flat Frequency response?

So it warm when work, but what approx temperature?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #444
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzivdo ➡️
Does the emulation plugins works with any mic out of the box?
If not, is it possible to activate them from bonus voucher and use with another mic with near flat Frequency response?

So it warm when work, but what approx temperature?
The emulations from what I see can work with any mic, but is optimized for their Edge mics.

I don't have anything to check exactly what temperature, but it's warm to the touch. I live in a pretty warm area, and I've had it plugged in for hours. It's never that hot that you'd be worried.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #445
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheNSA ➡️
The emulations from what I see can work with any mic, but is optimized for their Edge mics.
But is it included or need to pay extra? Can you try to use it for headphone monitoring in rt?

Actually there are cheap mics with pretty flat FR like rode nt1 or even se x1s. So it easy align FR to their edge solo, just need to have 2 FT images for both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheNSA ➡️
I don't have anything to check exactly what temperature, but it's warm to the touch. I live in a pretty warm area, and I've had it plugged in for hours. It's never that hot that you'd be worried.
thanks
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #446
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzivdo ➡️
But is it included or need to pay extra? Can you try to use it for headphone monitoring in rt?

Actually there are cheap mics with pretty flat FR like rode nt1 or even se x1s. So it easy align FR to their edge solo, just need to have 2 FT images for both.


thanks
It's included. And yes you can use for headphone monitoring.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #447
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheNSA ➡️
.
Hi, and again questions:
1. So if it store settings across reboots, can it work with last session without PC just from usb power adapter?
2. Does it store all sessions inside device? Can be different sessions selected by buttons?
3. Does it require internet to run mixer or just only for launcher? can you please check this.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #448
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzivdo ➡️
Hi, and again questions:
1. So if it store settings across reboots, can it work with last session without PC just from usb power adapter?
2. Does it store all sessions inside device? Can be different sessions selected by buttons?
3. Does it require internet to run mixer or just only for launcher? can you please check this.
1. It does save the last session settings on the device. So if you connect to say an iPad, it will load the last session AFX settings.
2. No, only the last session.
3. Internet is required for the launcher since that's what keeps the device updated. The mixer app can be run offline. Keep in mind that you launch the mixer app through the launcher. I wish they had superate shortcuts for each.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #449
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheNSA ➡️
Internet is required for the launcher since that's what keeps the device updated. The mixer app can be run offline. Keep in mind that you launch the mixer app through the launcher. I wish they had superate shortcuts for each.
Thanks for answers.

Looks like launcher is a spy app, its not for paranoiacs )

Will consider to buy audiofuse or ssl2.
Old 1 week ago
  #450
Here for the gear
 
I am a new user of the Zen Go and I really like the sound but I think I bought it at a bad time? Antelope is having a network outage so no one can see the Control Panel driver version. I had to get support to go remotely into my Mac Mini M1 and install it which is happening to a lot of people. My concern is, when they installed my control panel, both of my headphone outputs stopped working. I can hear that small pop that happens when the Zen Go turns on but then nothing externally or internally works with headphones. I'm starting to worry as there is another person who is on their 3rd Orion 32+ since May on their FB site. I bought this unit mainly for it's converters, clocks and quality of sound. I sold my Apogee Element because it's not going to be up and running until late July-August. My iMac 2017 broke 2 months back and it's been a nightmare recovering from that ever since. Have a 2nd replacement coming. I didn't notice a fatiguing output or distortion from the Monitor outs. Sounds pleasant to me.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 4950 views: 1343618
Avatar for pangea2003
pangea2003 1 week ago
replies: 486 views: 130136
Avatar for blackcom
blackcom 14th September 2020
replies: 259 views: 66027
Avatar for jwh1192
jwh1192 2 days ago
replies: 119 views: 26304
Avatar for LarsErik
LarsErik 2nd February 2020
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump