The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DSP-Quattro version 5.5 now available
Old 18th November 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
DSP-Quattro version 5.5 now available

Hi,

you may be interested to know that a new important update of DSP-Quattro, an audio editor, audio mastering, plug-in hosting, batch processor application for MacOS, is now available for the download.

Now version 5.5.

It is a free upgrade for all v5 registered users.

This is a YouTube video about what’s new in 5.5:

⁃ New: additional features on the Project file list table
⁃ New: command to Revert To Source Audio File
⁃ New: popup menus on waveform view of the Audio File Editor
⁃ New: commands for managing markers and regions
⁃ New: MIDI options on the Audio File Editor
⁃ New: options using the Zoom Tool, mouse wheel and trackpad gestures on Audio File Editor and AudioCDLayout
⁃ New: Playback and generic markers popup menus
⁃ New: options replacing an Audio Region on the AudioCDLayout
⁃ New: popup menus on CD-Track and Playback markers of the AudioCDLayout
⁃ New: CD-Tracks Sheet has been revisited, and Export as TAB-Limited Text file option added.
⁃ New: features hosting Virtual Instruments: new channel strip interface
⁃ New: better and improved Transport control and plug-ins synchronization
⁃ New: options and Audio/MIDI settings on Preferences
⁃ MacOS 11 Big Sur supported on Intel-based Macs.
⁃ code optimisation.
⁃ several minor bugs have been fixed

If you will need assistance, if you will have suggestions or requirements, do not hesitate to write to me at [email protected]

Thanks!
Stefano Daino
Old 18th November 2020
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Excellent work Stefano!
Old 18th November 2020
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Nice !!! Great !!! Thanks Stefano !
Old 18th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Stefano, your ongoing support and updating of DSP Quattro is fantastic.

The program has been a lifesaver for me for mastering-sequencing-burning CDs. Great feature-set -- everything I need. (And that's before the update, which I haven't tried yet.)

One request: is it possible to restore the feature from DSP Quattro 4 that allowed one to save (and reload) the exported CD burn file/image so DSP Quattro doesn't have to rebuild it each time you want to burn a disc from a project? I don't think that's in this update.

Also, I've got a bug (prior to update) in DSP Quattro that gives an error message anytime I attempt to burn a 2nd copy of a CD. (I'm on Mojave 10.14.5)

Obviously, it's an easy workaround just to copy the CD with another program.

Molto grazie!
Old 18th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SongShark ➑️
One request: is it possible to restore the feature from DSP Quattro 4 that allowed one to save (and reload) the exported CD burn file/image so DSP Quattro doesn't have to rebuild it each time you want to burn a disc from a project? I don't think that's in this update.
good point, it is possible to avoid to render it again, you are right. I'll do that!

For the moment, you can export/import back a DDP, the process to render the data file for burning the audioCD will be very very much faster.

Quote:
Also, I've got a bug (prior to update) in DSP Quattro that gives an error message anytime I attempt to burn a 2nd copy of a CD. (I'm on Mojave 10.14.5)
Yes, it has been fixed. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Thanks!
Stefano Daino
www.dsp-quattro.com
Old 19th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Great program, great support!

Thanks,Stefano.
Old 5th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Stefano, I must say the this update has been fantastic. Everything works so much snappier. The graphics on my 3rd party AU plugins much improved.

However, I just noticed that it won't load the new Steven Slate plugin Fresh Air. (It's free for the moment.) It shows up on the AU plugin list but when you click on it -- it just won't load. (Other Slate plugins will.) (I'm on Logic 10.4.7, Mojave 10.14.5)

Also, how do you export a DDP file for later import? Can you do this AFTER you burn a CD?

Finally, I got a message for new update (I think it's 5.5.1?) but I can't find a change log anywhere. What's changed?

Thanks Stefano. Really great program!! Outstanding value. Wonderful support.
Old 6th December 2020
Gear Nut

Fantastic app.
Wouldn't want to be without it.
First-class support.
Old 6th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
However, I just noticed that it won't load the new Steven Slate plugin Fresh Air. (It's free for the moment.) It shows up on the AU plugin list but when you click on it -- it just won't load. (Other Slate plugins will.) (I'm on Logic 10.4.7, Mojave 10.14.5)
Hi, thank you for your report.

I'll contact people at Slate to understand what happens.

Quote:
Also, how do you export a DDP file for later import? Can you do this AFTER you burn a CD?
To export as DDP, use the command

File->Export->ExportAudioCDAsDDP

and, of course, there is also a similar command to import it back into DSP-Quattro.

About saving a DDP copy after burning an audioCD without having to render again the audioCDLayout, at moment is it not possible, but I'll add an option to do it asap. For the moment, you can do it after finishing to burn - but DSP-Quattro will need to render again the audioCDLayout, you are right...

Quote:
Finally, I got a message for new update (I think it's 5.5.1?) but I can't find a change log anywhere. What's changed?
the very last version of DSP-Quattro is always into the user area. Just log-in, go to "YourLicenses", it is there.

Yes, a new version 5.1.1 is available. There are not new features respect the 5.1, it is a maintenance release, some bugs have been fixed. All users are highly recommended to get and use it.

Thank you very very much for your kind words!

If you will need assistance, do not hesitate to write to me.

Best
Stefano Daino
www.dsp-quattro.com

Last edited by sdaino; 6th December 2020 at 02:07 PM..
Old 6th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaino ➑️
Hi, thank you for your report.

I'll contact people at Slate to understand what happens.

To export as DDP, use the command

File->Export->ExportAudioCDAsDDP

and, of course, there is also a similar command to import it back into DSP-Quattro.

About saving a DDP copy after burning an audioCD without having to render again the audioCDLayout, at moment is it not possible, but I'll add an option to do it asap. For the moment, you can do it after finishing to burn - but DSP-Quattro will need to render again the audioCDLayout, you are right...

the very last version of DSP-Quattro is always into the user area. Just log-in, go to "YourLicenses", it is there.

Yes, a new version 5.1.1 is available. There are not new features respect the 5.1, it is a maintenance release, some bugs have been fixed. All users are highly recommended to get and use it.

Thank you very very much for your kind words!

If you will need assistance, do not hesitate to write to me.

Best
Stefano Daino
www.dsp-quattro.com
Thank you, as always, Stefano. I hope between you and Slate you'll be able to figure out the Fresh Air issue. (I wrote their support as well.) I'd like to try it on something I'm mastering in DSP Quattro.

In the meantime, I remain so pleased with this update. Did I mention superfast loading times now? Great!! Your ongoing support is awesome.
Old 23rd January 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Stefano thanks for your support of the product! It keeps getting better!!

Quick question for you. Is "traditional" line automation (volume, plugin parameters, etc.) something that DSP-Quattro will include at some point in the (near) future? It's becoming more and more needed in, at least my, workflow . . .
Old 23rd January 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmojo ➑️
Quick question for you. Is "traditional" line automation (volume, plugin parameters, etc.) something that DSP-Quattro will include at some point in the (near) future? It's becoming more and more needed in, at least my, workflow . . .
Yes it is, it is also a common request. It is major step in the development, it needs of some moments to be designed and implemented. But surely it will included into DSP-Quattro soon.

Now I have a new version of DSP-Quattro ready, it runs natively on the new Macs based on Apple Silicon processors, it runs really very very fast! It will be available for the public download very very soon. Stay tuned!

Thank you for using DSP-Quattro,

Stefano Daino
www.dsp-quattro.com
πŸ“ Reply