IK Multimedia unveils AmpliTube 5 - available now - Page 44 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia unveils AmpliTube 5 - available now
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Great stuff. Cheers.

P.S. On the site it thanks you for entering but can anyone see anywhere where the winners are listed?
Would love to see something like that given I don't seem to get emailings from IKMM. I could have won something but never know it.
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by everyday ➡️
Thank you for the answer.

And... Wow!!! What a price!
Just the collections that are added since AT4 MAX are worth over $600 (not to mention a completely new engine, VIR™ technology + 143,000+ IRs, updated legacy gear, updated responsiveness, etc etc. If you already have those then you wouldn't need to upgrade to AmpliTube 5 MAX, as those collections will work in SE or 5... So yes, we take into account what you have as it will all work in AmpliTube 5. You can find more details about all of this on the AmpliTube 5 web page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
Would love to see something like that given I don't seem to get emailings from IKMM. I could have won something but never know it.
You will get a direct email to verify, it won't come from the system that sends newsletters. You would receive notification that way if you were a winner.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK ➡️
Just the collections that are added since AT4 MAX are worth over $600 (not to mention a completely new engine, VIR™ technology + 143,000+ IRs, updated legacy gear, updated responsiveness, etc etc. If you already have those then you wouldn't need to upgrade to AmpliTube 5 MAX, as those collections will work in SE or 5... So yes, we take into account what you have as it will all work in AmpliTube 5. You can find more details about all of this on the AmpliTube 5 web page.

You will get a direct email to verify, it won't come from the system that sends newsletters. You would receive notification that way if you were a winner.
Thank you, Peter for your detailed answer. I looked around your website and I figured what you said. It seems like the price is fair and I can use my Max 4 in AT5 regular.

Cheers👍
Lives for gear

I'm curious to know what the oversampling multiplier is on AT5. I put it in Metaplugin and set the render to 8x in a 48K and it worked, so I'm guessing probably 2x? If it were 4x and it works in 192K that would be an insane sample rate and I could push Metaplugin to 16x.
Don't get me wrong, even if it's 2x it still sounds good to my ear!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

In case this video hasn't been posted yet, it is really helpful. Someone played the same riff thru all the Amplitude 5 amps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_pYwLt72gM&t=2s

(sorry, can't seem to embed the video)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’ve got 3 mixes that I’m working on where an artist used Amplitube 4, they’re coming along really great but we do notice in spots where some of the guitars are giving a slightly more pronounced harshness that 4 has in certain frequencies, still really good but I know that 5 has improved upon this drastically and I’ll be loading Amplitube 4 presets into 5 and doing some A/B’ing to see if we like how 5 sounds, if it changes the feel too much we won’t use it but if it only improves on the sound and makes it much more forgiving we’re going to switch to 5, anyways here’s my question.

Is there anything I should look out for when comparing the same preset from 4 to 5? Radical gain staging differences? Some other things that change or do not transfer over that should be adjusted to do an accurate A/B? Clearly I’ll go over all of this when I try it later but any heads up would help, thanks
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artcutech ➡️
I’ve got 3 mixes that I’m working on where an artist used Amplitube 4, they’re coming along really great but we do notice in spots where some of the guitars are giving a slightly more pronounced harshness that 4 has in certain frequencies, still really good but I know that 5 has improved upon this drastically and I’ll be loading Amplitube 4 presets into 5 and doing some A/B’ing to see if we like how 5 sounds, if it changes the feel too much we won’t use it but if it only improves on the sound and makes it much more forgiving we’re going to switch to 5, anyways here’s my question.

Is there anything I should look out for when comparing the same preset from 4 to 5? Radical gain staging differences? Some other things that change or do not transfer over that should be adjusted to do an accurate A/B? Clearly I’ll go over all of this when I try it later but any heads up would help, thanks
Some of the amp models have been redone as well as the speaker cabs. So a/b'ing isn't going to be easy. Been down that road when I eval'd going to AT5 from AT4.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Some of the amp models have been redone as well as the speaker cabs.
As I understand it, less "redone" and more "slightly tweaked". Others better at these things than I have said the differences in the amps are small at best.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt ➡️
As I understand it, less "redone" and more "slightly tweaked". Others better at these things than I have said the differences in the amps are small at best.
There are noticeable audible differences between the old amps and the redone ones.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
There are noticeable audible differences between the old amps and the redone ones.
Shows you what I know
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just waiting on the MODO GUITAR. Once that comes up I'll upgrade to AT5 as well. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I suspect its just the new engine. But I dont know for sure.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. ➡️
I'm curious to know what the oversampling multiplier is on AT5.
Anyone? I'm guessing 2x based on other plugin development from IK.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is it impossible to demo amps in Amplitube 4 (which I own) now that 5 is out? I started a trial yesterday and it kept telling me to activate in the Custom Shop even after I did. Installing 5 CS worked, but I still can't use that amp in 4.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodeath ➡️
Is it impossible to demo amps in Amplitube 4 (which I own) now that 5 is out? I started a trial yesterday and it kept telling me to activate in the Custom Shop even after I did. Installing 5 CS worked, but I still can't use that amp in 4.
It's separate activations for AT4 and AT5. Been through that with the Leslie Collection.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
It's separate activations for AT4 and AT5. Been through that with the Leslie Collection.
How do you activate for AT4 then? The trial amp works great in AT5, but AT4 still thinks it's not activated.
Lives for gear

Quote:
How do you activate for AT4 then? The trial amp works great in AT5, but AT4 still thinks it's not activated.
You have to activate it again for AT4 using it's Custom Shop login.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
You have to activate it again for AT4 using it's Custom Shop login.
Well, I know you're not IK support, but when I click "open Custom Shop" from AT4, it opens the same Custom Shop as AT5 does, and it shows the amp trial as being active, yet it's still locked in AT4. What a mess...
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Well, I know you're not IK support, but when I click "open Custom Shop" from AT4, it opens the same Custom Shop as AT5 does, and it shows the amp trial as being active, yet it's still locked in AT4. What a mess...
That's a shopping cart icon and currently you cannot buy anything in the old Custom Shop, so the current version opens for purchasing gear for AmpliTube 5.

The previous version of Custom Shop is still installed and available where it was originally installed. Most easily accessed from your Start Menu in Windows or Applications folder on macOS. This previous version is only for maintenance tasks like restoring your already-purchased gear.

If you are looking to try or buy new gear, you'd need to do so for the current version, AmpliTube 5
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK ➡️
That's a shopping cart icon and currently you cannot buy anything in the old Custom Shop, so the current version opens for purchasing gear for AmpliTube 5.

The previous version of Custom Shop is still installed and available where it was originally installed. Most easily accessed from your Start Menu in Windows or Applications folder on macOS. This previous version is only for maintenance tasks like restoring your already-purchased gear.

If you are looking to try or buy new gear, you'd need to do so for the current version, AmpliTube 5
I was referring to the pop-up that asks if you want to open the Custom Shop to start a trial, not the shopping cart icon. That said, I just checked my Applications folder and there is only one version of Custom Shop as far as I can tell.

The reason I installed AT5 CS is because the trial was not working in AT4. It just remained locked even though the trial was active in Custom Shop.

Strangely, I'm also getting random noise bursts even though Custom Shop is open and the trial is still going. And I mean truly random, not the periodic bursts you expect when Custom Shop is closed.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I had some issues with dropped audio when switching soundcard inputs with this at first but support was helpful getting things resolved. At first I wasn't too happy with the new interface and all the drastic changes around choosing components compared to AT4. I still think it would be nice to allow double-clicking a component in the right menu and having it load in some default position on the left - right now you have to drag and drop everything.

But all said and done after spending considerable time with this I am overall quite happy with it. The options are immense and the sounds are amazing. I love how you can resize the interface and the processor options are better than before. Overall I have come to love this plug in. Good job IK.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I was referring to the pop-up that asks if you want to open the Custom Shop to start a trial, not the shopping cart icon. That said, I just checked my Applications folder and there is only one version of Custom Shop as far as I can tell.

The reason I installed AT5 CS is because the trial was not working in AT4. It just remained locked even though the trial was active in Custom Shop.

Strangely, I'm also getting random noise bursts even though Custom Shop is open and the trial is still going. And I mean truly random, not the periodic bursts you expect when Custom Shop is closed.
Sounds like that isn't the typical noise burst when unauthorized and without CS (the new one) open in the background and a connection to the internet as required. Since that is the case, IK Support can assist you and figure out what's going on.
📝 Reply