Quantcast
Acustica Audio releases Pink4: including new EQ w/ Line Preamps + Core15 - Page 8 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica Audio releases Pink4: including new EQ w/ Line Preamps + Core15
Old 6th October 2020
  #211
Gear Addict
 
Barncore's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Is anybody using Pink EQ's in a mastering context? Do you think they're mastering grade?
Old 6th October 2020 | Show parent
  #212
Lives for gear
 
dirtROBOT's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore ➡️
Is anybody using Pink EQ's in a mastering context? Do you think they're mastering grade?
hmmmm I think they're a tad heavy handed but just get the demo and find out!
Old 6th October 2020 | Show parent
  #213
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore ➡️
Is anybody using Pink EQ's in a mastering context? Do you think they're mastering grade?
It does bring the API flavor ...

Certainly could do mastering ... whether it's the only EQ, Source to destination would tell.
Old 6th October 2020 | Show parent
  #214
Gear Addict
 
jpanderson80's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore ➡️
Is anybody using Pink EQ's in a mastering context? Do you think they're mastering grade?
Yes. Model C emulates the 5500, so that's in the right direction for mastering work. A little goes a long way in mastering usually.

I usually find the high shelf to be the most "heavy handed" to my ears. I don't think that I've ever used anything over +2ish. It becomes very noticeable very quickly.
Old 7th October 2020 | Show parent
  #215
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
I’m a heavy UAD user, can someone who use the UAD API Vision compare the differences please? Is it worth it getting this if you already own the API Vision? Thanks.

Last edited by musicminister187; 7th October 2020 at 02:31 AM..
Old 7th October 2020 | Show parent
  #216
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
I tend to associate EQs with broad curves for mastering, rather than proportional Q.
Could work on drum buss?
Gonna test this one against the slate tonight i think.
Old 7th October 2020
  #217
Gear Head
 
timmy's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
API EQ’s are very broad at low boosts or cuts. Sterling Sound have 550A’s in every room, they use them for their ability to clean up bass and boost low mids in a way other EQ’s can’t, I can verify that is the case. However they aren’t a first call EQ, more like a 3rd option for specialised use.
Old 7th October 2020 | Show parent
  #218
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon ➡️
Ah that sounds interesting. I think i will download the demo tonight. Definitely interested in the more punchy sounding stuff (for what i am currently working on) i love the older stuff too, will try when i am doing a project that calls for that kind of thing.

I have to say i just tried the London acoustics Opto compressor and am highly impressed. Compression was the thing that made me sleep on the Acquas, but it seems people are getting better with this tech and it sounds like they are coming a long way.
I haven’t messed with their compressors since Pink 1 came out. It was to cpu intensive at the time so I’ve used other plugs for that. Finally got a new computer so I’ll be giving it (the compressor) another try.
Old 7th October 2020 | Show parent
  #219
Gear Addict
 
jpanderson80's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
For mastering, the 5500 hardware uses a feature that is unique to the standard API EQ cut/boost, which is a Range Control, capable of a x.25, x.5, x1. It makes it great for those broad boosts/cuts.

I use API EQ due to the preferred workflow. They are fast, easy, tight, punchy and help me make good decisions and keep moving, without having to fiddle.

I find that the same workflow is mostly possible with Pink4. (I find myself tweaking more than using the hardware.)
Old 7th October 2020 | Show parent
  #220
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicminister187 ➡️
I’m a heavy UAD user, can someone who use the UAD API Vision compare the differences please? Is it worth it getting this if you already own the API Vision? Thanks.
I did along time ago when pink first came out. Personally I think pink sounds better.
If you need Pink that’s up to you. I think they demo for a month and install these days is a lot easier.

Setting up my new computer now and when I get up and running I can do a comparison for you. Just get ahold of me in the next week or so.

If you demo pink and send me some audio and the settings you used then I could replicate with the UAD as close as possible. Remember though pink has 5 different eq models so you’d need to use the 550b or what is referred to as eq C on the pink. But double check that.
Old 7th October 2020 | Show parent
  #221
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Tummond ➡️
I did along time ago when pink first came out. Personally I think pink sounds better.
If you need Pink that’s up to you. I think they demo for a month and install these days is a lot easier.

Setting up my new computer now and when I get up and running I can do a comparison for you. Just get ahold of me in the next week or so.

If you demo pink and send me some audio and the settings you used then I could replicate with the UAD as close as possible. Remember though pink has 5 different eq models so you’d need to use the 550b or what is referred to as eq C on the pink. But double check that.
Thank you, I’ll appreciate that. I’ll connect via PM.
Old 11th October 2020 | Show parent
  #222
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
I have Softube Console 1 American strip, which replicates also API.

ANyone has ever compared this against the Nebula Pink 4?

THanks for sharing

Sergio
Old 11th October 2020 | Show parent
  #223
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Tummond ➡️
Remember though pink has 5 different eq models so you’d need to use the 550b or what is referred to as eq C on the pink. But double check that.
Sounds like a good idea for a mkII Vision channelstrip
Old 13th October 2020 | Show parent
  #224
Deleted 6489f8f
Guest
Does anyone have an issue with buttons randomly stopping to work on the PINK4EQ? Like I'll have a plugin up and then close its window, then reopen it at a later point and the high shelf button won't work, or sometimes it's the proportional Q button. I've only been able to fix it by instantiating another copy of the plugin and duplicating my settings on that one.

This is on Windows 10, in Reaper, and NOT with Core 16 version I don't think...probably the one before that.
Old 13th October 2020 | Show parent
  #225
Acustica Audio
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by valy ➡️
Does anyone have an issue with buttons randomly stopping to work on the PINK4EQ? Like I'll have a plugin up and then close its window, then reopen it at a later point and the high shelf button won't work, or sometimes it's the proportional Q button. I've only been able to fix it by instantiating another copy of the plugin and duplicating my settings on that one.

This is on Windows 10, in Reaper, and NOT with Core 16 version I don't think...probably the one before that.
Hi Valy, try reinstalling it (uninstalling Pink and installing it again thru Aquarius). Contact our support if this doesn't fix it.
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
  #226
Deleted 6489f8f
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
Hi Valy, try reinstalling it (uninstalling Pink and installing it again thru Aquarius). Contact our support if this doesn't fix it.
Hmm, I've having this problem with Lime now also...both before and after updating to Core 16
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
  #227
Deleted 6489f8f
Guest
I'm starting to suspect some sort of conflict between REAPER's undo system and Acqua. Like I can Ctrl+Z to revert my last plugin parameter move, and it works...but it seems like there's some sort of disconnect that occurs with the GUI due to that.
Old 24th October 2020 | Show parent
  #228
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Hello,

Has Anyone ever compared Pink 4 against Softube Console 1 American (API) strip ?

Thank you

Sergio
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #229
Gear Maniac
They feel quite different, in my experience (I own American Class-A, have demoed Pink a few times). Softube does the midrange in your face thing pretty well but it does not seem to have the weight and smoothness of Pink. Of course Pink can’t saturate or outright distort like Softube can, but as usual with Acustica Pink has more of the “analog” sound.

Both are really good! Although I don’t use American Class-A very much. (Mostly on electric guitars, occasionally electric bass, and sometimes on vocals for the saturation and EQ)
Old 25th November 2020
  #230
Lives for gear
 
M Albazy's Avatar
A touch of Kush TWK or SoundToys Decapitator will do the missing saturation/distortion very will.
Old 26th November 2020
  #231
Acustica Audio
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
BLACK FRIDAY SUPER SALE

Black Friday Special Price! € 69,70 (Reg. €199) You'll save 65%!

LINK: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/pink


Old 8th January 2021
  #232
Lives for gear
 
Volt9's Avatar
I'm very happy with this bundle. It sounds simply amazing.
Old 16th February 2021 | Show parent
  #233
Gear Nut
 
Hey guys! I'm new to Acustica - been using the free stuff, along with the Cerise CS. I have the IK's T-Racks MAX pack and some of the CS from Plugin Alliance (Focusrite, SSL 4000 E and 9000 J and Lindell 80). Do the Pink4 would be a valuable add to the collection, covering up some new spots (API style)? Do you recommend anything else if not?
Old 17th February 2021 | Show parent
  #234
Gear Addict
 
jpanderson80's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Pink is my favorite.

I’ve not tried PA’s new API flavor offering, but after hearing samples, I’m not interested.
Old 11th March 2021 | Show parent
  #235
Lives for gear
 
dirtROBOT's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ogre ➡️
Hey guys! I'm new to Acustica - been using the free stuff, along with the Cerise CS. I have the IK's T-Racks MAX pack and some of the CS from Plugin Alliance (Focusrite, SSL 4000 E and 9000 J and Lindell 80). Do the Pink4 would be a valuable add to the collection, covering up some new spots (API style)? Do you recommend anything else if not?
i hope you got pink because it's a miracle plugin
Old 2nd April 2021 | Show parent
  #236
Gear Nut
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtROBOT ➡️
i hope you got pink because it's a miracle plugin
Bought it today, after grabbing and trying Cream2 and see that my computer would handle Acustica's plugins quite well! I'm simply amazed... but will wait some time 'til the honey moon ends to talk about it.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 28733 views: 3038976
Avatar for mellotronic
mellotronic 43 minutes ago
replies: 1197 views: 160180
Avatar for Jwitb
Jwitb 4 weeks ago
replies: 53 views: 11103
Avatar for Dirk Churlish
Dirk Churlish 26th March 2021
replies: 0 views: 390
Avatar for patrick81
patrick81 12th June 2020
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump