IK Multimedia launches ARC System 3 - Page 15 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia launches ARC System 3
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK ➡️
We offer whatever versions you purchased in your IK User Area and/or IK Product Manager, as well as previous releases where available. If you have problems installing your products, the IK Support team is there to help you. The IK Forum is not a support forum (clearly stated in the forum rules linked on every page and to which you agreed when signing up for them), nor is it a democracy, and I am not the only moderator there so please refrain from slinging ire at me. Out of respect for this forum and for you, I will not go into the details of what really got you banned from the IK Forum as that is not a topic for Gearspace (though you chose to bring your story here so I'm trying to help you get the help you need).

Please open a ticket and the support team will assist you in getting your IK product up and running.
I wish you didn't wait 7 days to say that.

Also, when I criticize your product and policy, (No swearing, no insult.) what happens in banning without even warning? Does everyone have to love your new product?

OK try to get help from the support team. Thank you.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THİS!

I will list from less important to more important.

Arc 2.5 Design is beautiful, warm, and user-friendly. (I think)
Arc 3.0 NOT
Arc 2.5 was made your job perfect between 7 - 13 measurements.
Arc 3 wants 21 measurements with 3 different heights but results?? (Coming soon!)
Arc 2.5 has a DIM bottom.
Arc 3 - NOT
ARC 2.5 has a mono bottom.
Arc 3 - NOT
Arc 2.5 has a BoomBox Virtual Monitor.
Arc 3 - NOT (Arc 3 has some new virtual monitoring models but, there are a lot of models that can replace it in ARC 2.5. And boombox is very important than others!)

And the bomb is coming!

When I was downgrade to 2.5 to 3, my orange mic was broken. I bought mems from Thomann and I waited for big hopes. My first impression after the measurement is not enough good. Something missing...

When I used Arc 2, I was listening to Madonna - Frozen. (for reference and I love it.) The result was amazing. My KRK VXT 8 was transformed to Genelec 10 inch 3-way speaker may be better with Arc 2. (For low end)And I thought "Arc 2.5 is wonderful, this time I'm going to use Arc 3 and with mems microphone. Everything gonna incredible, awesome." And then, I remembered Madonna's song yesterday and I Listened again on my DAW. Unfortunately, all bass frequencies especially low end was gone.

The BOMB IS THIS: Arc 2.5 has Audyssey MultEQ® 4x Bass resolution.
Arc 3 - NOT!!! Can someone answer this? --> Has ARC 3 Audyssey MultEQ®? Technology (4x Bass resolution.)
If your answer is yes, where is my bass frequency? Why is ARC 3's bass response, resolution ultra-weak than ARC 2.5?

Mercedes Benz introduces to a new car:
The new model hasn't a seat heating system and ıts windows are open manually.
- OK. But is the engine more powerful? Nop.
down from 2000cc to 1600cc.
- Hmm nice new model!
Impossible.

But this can be real.
Arc 4 introduce:
You say goodbye to your trim knob. (You can use your master fader.)
New Arc hasn't any virtual monitor. (what do you need them?)
Arc 4 is awesome, Ultra, Mega, Megatron!!!
Only 5 steps, 5 minutes measurements! 5 Step but every cm different height! 5x25 25D Sonic sikatronic sound! You"ll lose your mind!!!

If IK multimedia made Manley Vari mu Comp, SSL Bus Comp, other classic products. All products would be better, better, better, 3D - 4D - 5D - 100D.

Use your ears, use your brain guys. They think us stupid.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaan ➡️

I will list from less important to more important.

Arc 2.5 Design is beautiful, warm, and user-friendly. (I think)
Arc 3.0 NOT
Arc 2.5 was made your job perfect between 7 - 13 measurements.
Arc 3 wants 21 measurements with 3 different heights but results?? (Coming soon!)
Arc 2.5 has a DIM bottom.
Arc 3 - NOT
ARC 2.5 has a mono bottom.
Arc 3 - NOT
Arc 2.5 has a BoomBox Virtual Monitor.
Arc 3 - NOT (Arc 3 has some new virtual monitoring models but, there are a lot of models that can replace it in ARC 2.5. And boombox is very important than others!)

The BOMB IS THIS: Arc 2.5 has Audyssey MultEQ® 4x Bass resolution.
Arc 3 - NOT!!! Can someone answer this? --> Has ARC 3 Audyssey MultEQ®? Technology (4x Bass resolution.)
If your answer is yes, where is my bass frequency? Why is ARC 3's bass response, resolution ultra-weak than ARC 2.5?

First thanks for you observations.
Have you made a test whit plugin doctor or similar to see phase response,magnitude response,distortion?.
Can you show us some images with the diferrences between 2.5 and 3?.

With these questions I am not denying your conclusions.
Only because I can't compare arc3 with 2.5, since I don't have the old version, I can't have a clear opinion about it.
I can confirm that as a user of Reference 4 (SONARWORKS) that ARC3 is much more reliable in the lower part of the spectrum.
And as I have commented in another post, if we take DIRAC as the leader in acoustic correction, I can guarantee that the response in frequency, phase, etc. is much closer to it than sonarworks and other competitors.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaan ➡️

{deranted}

You are 100% entitled to your opinion and your expression of it here, but the breathless panic feels a bit overwrought...?
I disagree with every point you've made. I find the measurement system easier and less tedious, and I have found the calibration to be more accurate and more useful and better at working with a completely untreated room.
They aren't going to "fix" any of this for you. I'd recommend you sell the license and go back to 2.5 or find another product that works for you, I don't think Arc 3 is what you need based on your feedback.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Unhappy calibration file

Hi,
I can confirm that the calibration file feature plain and simply does not work for me either.
Just contacted IK Multimedia support asking for a calibration file that should be accepted by the standalone ARC System 3 Analysis application.
Did a couple of fixed, mono measurements with several iterations of dots, commas and dots with comma separation just like it is shown in the manual and none of them made any difference in the measurement results.
Even created "fake" calib files with +/-5dB transfer curves with dots, commas, etc and still nada.
These were the iterations (X=Freq then Y=+/-Gain):
1) XX.X Y.YY (classic)
2) XX,X Y,YY (excel-like)
3) XX.X, Y.YY (screenshot in the manual)
If you have got a confirmedly working calib file, please send me the formatting or the file itself.
Thanks a bunch!
Gear Maniac

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSyndicate ➡️
Hi,
I can confirm that the calibration file feature plain and simply does not work for me either.
Just contacted IK Multimedia support asking for a calibration file that should be accepted by the standalone ARC System 3 Analysis application.
Did a couple of fixed, mono measurements with several iterations of dots, commas and dots with comma separation just like it is shown in the manual and none of them made any difference in the measurement results.
Even created "fake" calib files with +/-5dB transfer curves with dots, commas, etc and still nada.
These were the iterations (X=Freq then Y=+/-Gain):
1) XX.X Y.YY (classic)
2) XX,X Y,YY (excel-like)
3) XX.X, Y.YY (screenshot in the manual)
If you have got a confirmedly working calib file, please send me the formatting or the file itself.
Thanks a bunch!
some users (included me) have informed about this bug in this forums a lot of times even i can say that ik has know the existence of this bug.
i've try some configurations in calibration file myself with no succes.
I've try sonarworks mic,with calibration,and without calibration (inside arc3) and the result was the same.
Another users made the same try and the results was the same, no diferences betwen calibration file or without.
i don't know what ik multimedia are waiting for fix this anoying bug.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanicos ➡️
some users (included me) have informed about this bug in this forums a lot of times even i can say that ik has know the existence of this bug.
I've try sonarworks mic,with calibration,and without calibration (inside arc3) and the result was the same.
Another users made the same try and the results was the same, no diferences betwen calibration file or without.
Thanks for sharing the experiences!
The story gets better...
Ran two sets of calibrations and neither results did sound right so measured back the applied correction.
ARC3 did not catch a 10dB peak with a Q of 12 at 110Hz with Sharp correction type... Had to set a parametric EQ to correct that in my DSP manually.
Another bug: ARC3 simply does not apply the Custom Target Curves when you are switching between them but only from Flat to one of the Custom Curves and back. This is true to both the visual representation and audio processing.
Well, if I was an Audyssey manager I'd be pretty pissed. Audyssey XT32 is great but this implementation shows them in quite bad light directly.
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanicos ➡️
Sorry you are having trouble. This forum (nor any forum) would not be the place to report issues. I'm sure IK Support can get you up and running like the many who are happily using ARC 3 in their setup with great results. If they find a global issue they'll recreate and post it to the developers. If it is something that is happening to you specifically (and/or some others) they'll assist you directly and resolve the problem for you.

None of the above actions will happen from posting on any audio forums. There's a system and team in place so from the sound if it, it seems IK may be waiting for you to report your issue directly to the team who can do their best to recreate and fix and/or report to the development team as necessary.

If you or anybody have an existing ticket for your issue(s) then you must reply to the support team in that ticket to let them know your issue is not yet resolved. They are not mind-readers nor do they have time to scour forums for potential issues, anecdotal and/or incomplete information, etc.

Thank you.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Peter (and other users of the MEMS and orange ring ARC mic),

Sorry to bother you again with this, but still trying to get a picture about the benefits of the MEMS mic compared to the orange ring mic.

In the beginning of this post you say the mic is only a small bit of the improvement of the new ARC3.

If I understand correctly, the MEMS is more stabel. So this could mean, that if my orange ring mic was steady as well, the difference between the two mics is negligible?

Could you be a bit more specific what kind of differences I am to expect in results between the 2 mics? Would it be drastic, or would it be 0,5dB at a certain frequency. I know you can't be 100% because you don't know my orange mic, but I'm trying to estimate the progress of buying the MEMS. Of course it's 'only'80 euro's', but it's still 80 euro's...

And again, love to hear the opinion of real world users who have had both mics.

Just a last question. Would it make sense to measure the sweet spot with a loud and soft volume? I can imagine it will gain different results because a loud signal will 'excite' the room modes more than soft?

Thanks!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Are there any plans to update ARC 3 to have a stand alone system wide feature? Really dislike having to use the workaround. It is really offsetting. I think it would be a good choice for the future of the software itself.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Walker ➡️
Are there any plans to update ARC 3 to have a stand alone system wide feature?
Agreed. This is being more and more requested across the board now for correction software as surely it's of paramount importance to get used to listening to everything through it.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Are there any plans to update ARC 3 to have a stand alone system wide feature? Really dislike having to use the workaround. It is really offsetting. I think it would be a good choice for the future of the software itself.
I’m using Rogue Amoeba’s SoundSource (if you’re on a Mac). Works great! BUT I have a 7.1 setup so I only use it for stereo, then turn it off for 7.1 work.

Really looking forward to ARC 3 support for surround systems. . . 🤞🏻
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarking ➡️
Peter (and other users of the MEMS and orange ring ARC mic),

Sorry to bother you again with this, but still trying to get a picture about the benefits of the MEMS mic compared to the orange ring mic.

In the beginning of this post you say the mic is only a small bit of the improvement of the new ARC3.

If I understand correctly, the MEMS is more stable. So this could mean, that if my orange ring mic was steady as well, the difference between the two mics is negligible? ,,,
If I understand IKM correctly, what they mean by "consistent" or "stable" is this.

If you take a random sample of 100 orange ring mics (for any other make and model) and test each of them, you will find noticeable differences from one to the next. A downloaded microphone calibration file can only adjust for the frequency response of a typical or average example of one brand and model. You could measure each individual microphone and create a specific profile for it, but that would be expensive. Sonarworks does this for headphones. For microphones, they will sell you one with an individual calibration file specific to that individual mic.

The design of the MEMS microphone makes its frequency response (and maybe phase issues?) much more consistent from one mic to the next. Take a random sample of 100 of them and they will be much more like each other than the 100 orange rings. IKM believes that the MEMS mic is so consistent that they can build a calibration profile for it into ARC3 and avoid the need for individual calibration files.

Let me know whether or not this explanation helps.

Last edited by rrichard63; 2 weeks ago at 08:35 PM.. Reason: grammar
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
One limitation of a system-wide version would be that ARC3 doesn't include headphone correction. I'm constantly switching back and forth between headphones and speakers, which need different processing. Every solution I've found so far is a pain in the neck.

Sonarworks Reference has calibrations for both speakers and headphones and has a system-wide version. But (1) the headphone support doesn't include binaural crossfeed and (2) the system-wide version had stability problems when I tried it. This is on Windows, where system-wide audio is always a problem, so that might not be Sonarworks' fault.

So far, there is no all-in-one solution. I don't use macOS, but I have the impression that the situation is better there.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Thanks!
So if I understand correctly, my orange ring mic could be hearing things wrong and arc thus compensating wrong.
Any idea how big of a deviation this might be? Are we talking minimal say 0.5 dB at a frequency?
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarking ➡️
Thanks!
... Any idea how big of a deviation this might be? Are we talking minimal say 0.5 dB at a frequency?
I'm sorry, I don't have good information on that question.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
No worries. Thanks!
Was hoping Peter from IK would join in...
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Bought the MEMS mic and made another calibration.
Attached are the 2 screenshots of the measurements. Left the grey with orange ring mic, right the new MEMS mic.
Quite a difference. For example, the measurment with the MEMS seems softer??
The grey with the orange mic seemed closer to the grey middle line than the MEMS?
What does this mean?

Also, when I'm choosing low and high frequency range to, say, let ARC3 only affect the low mids, what happens with the highs? Are they sounding as if ARC3 wasn't engaged (so the neutral sound of my speakers), or are the sounding what ARC measured (without correcting it)?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
IK Multimedia launches ARC System 3-grey-orange-ring.jpg   IK Multimedia launches ARC System 3-mems.jpg  

Last edited by Guitarking; 1 week ago at 08:47 PM..
📝 Reply