The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PSP InfiniStrip Released
Old 18th January 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se ➡️
A single band is the polar opposite of infinite :¬)
Usually, there is only one resonance spot in the track you need to cut, so one band for surgical cut is enough, IMHO. It makes sence to me: one tool to remove bad stuff from track, and "analog" EQ to shape the sound, add character. GUI is tight, no room for complex EQ design
Old 18th January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxgvr ➡️
Usually, there is only one resonance spot in the track you need to cut, so one band for surgical cut is enough, IMHO. It makes sence to me: one tool to remove bad stuff from track, and "analog" EQ to shape the sound, add character. GUI is tight, no room for complex EQ design
If it works for you, great.
Old 20th January 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Did anybody compare VCApressor to Cytomic The Glue? Or SSL Native Bus compressor plugin?

I have FETpressor, I know how it sounds (not 1176, but very good in its own way). It is my go-to compressor.

From what I read on internet OPTOpressor sounds nothing like opto. Atleast, nothing like CL1B (which design it immitates visually). Although, people say it is still good compressor.

But I very interested in VCApressor. The Glue known to be best SSL BusComp emulation (clean, without any saturation). Can VCApressor compete? Or how about comparrison to API 2500 or DBX?
Old 31st January 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

vst3 crashes here too
vst2 is fine
Old 30th March 2021
Aye
Here for the gear

PSP Infinistrip no harmonics

HEY Guys I just checked a sine wave through PSP Infinistrip's 'compressors' and they have literally zero harmonics
Am I doing something wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
PSP InfiniStrip Released-psp-infinistrip.jpg  
Old 30th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

It won't unless you smack the crap out of it like this...
Attached Thumbnails
PSP InfiniStrip Released-smackit.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Looks like the new preset management system is finally here! And a new dynamic EQ

Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Awesome new features - a favourite of mine just got better! Free update and not a subscription in sight - are you watching iZotope?
Here for the gear

Tried the demo and I really, really like what I’m hearing!

My wallet is ready, but the plug-in causes the whole Logic X GUI and the GUI of the plug-in itself to lag badly... like it refreshes with 3 frames/sec.
This makes VU metering and GR meters pretty much unusable.

Does anyone have this problem? This is the only plug-in with this problem, out of hundreds of installed plugins, so it is unlikely that my computer (iMac 27 2020, i7 3.8 GHz) or Logic is to blame.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Had some crashes in Live 11, Windows 10, VST3. I couldn't figure out why since the set was fine before. Then I remembered I had added an instance of the latest PSP InfiniStrip. No fun when a Plugin just slows you down.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alban8 ➡️
Tried the demo and I really, really like what I’m hearing!

My wallet is ready, but the plug-in causes the whole Logic X GUI and the GUI of the plug-in itself to lag badly... like it refreshes with 3 frames/sec.
This makes VU metering and GR meters pretty much unusable.

Does anyone have this problem? This is the only plug-in with this problem, out of hundreds of installed plugins, so it is unlikely that my computer (iMac 27 2020, i7 3.8 GHz) or Logic is to blame.
It wasn't an issue on the MacPro in Cubase 10.5 or 11 on Catalina, but on my MBP M1 in Big Sur I'm getting that same behavior in Cubase on the InfiniStrip. That aside, it's now my "use on everything" go-to plugin.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

An enhancement request, you should set a handful of pixels aside before/after each used slot for a vertical intermediate gain meter (with a user definable colour change) okay you can now click the miniview to get an overal view of gain staging through the chain - but it would be something that can be added within the main GUI with minimal screen space sacrificed. No need to frame the meters or make them too wide.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. ➡️
It wasn't an issue on the MacPro in Cubase 10.5 or 11 on Catalina, but on my MBP M1 in Big Sur I'm getting that same behavior in Cubase on the InfiniStrip. That aside, it's now my "use on everything" go-to plugin.
Hi GearSpacers,

We have a new beta version available for Mac users. We (at least we hope so) fixed and improved GUI smoothness and reduced CPU usage. Contact us [email protected] if you want to help us in testing that version.
Regards from Poland
Antoni Ozynski
PSPaudioware.com
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Demoing and thinking this would be awesome for using across the board for tracking - be like using zero latency on board DSP. Then can always take it off at mix stage etc.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Demoing and thinking this would be awesome for using across the board for tracking - be like using zero latency on board DSP. Then can always take it off at mix stage etc.
It's also great for flicking through to see which type of pre, compressor or EQ suits the track.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoni PSP ➡️
Hi GearSpacers,

We have a new beta version available for Mac users. We (at least we hope so) fixed and improved GUI smoothness and reduced CPU usage. Contact us [email protected] if you want to help us in testing that version.
Regards from Poland
Antoni Ozynski
PSPaudioware.com
I can't speak to the CPU usage (terrible at measuring these things), but in the beta the GUI issue is resolved on M1 MBP and it functions great!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scragend ➡️
It's also great for flicking through to see which type of pre, compressor or EQ suits the track.
Yeah - I purchased whilst on sale last night.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoni PSP ➡️
Hi GearSpacers,

Regards from Poland
Antoni Ozynski
PSPaudioware.com
You fixed the GUI issues

thanks for not giving up on it, Antoni
📝 Reply