Ample Sound releases Hellrazer 9-String Guitar with Metal Sale - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ample Sound releases Hellrazer 9-String Guitar with Metal Sale
Old 19th February 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Ample Sound releases Hellrazer 9-String Guitar with Metal Sale

Hellrazer, a 9 string Metal Beast,

Ample Sound has released Ample Metal Hellrazer, a 9-string virtual guitar (AMH) for macOS and Windows in VST, AU and AAX plug-in formats: https://www.amplesound.net/en/pro-pd.asp?id=33

The Ample Metal Hellrazer was recorded with a Schecter Hellraiser. The tuning from 9th to 1st string is #C0 , #F0 , B0, E1, A1, D2, G2, B2, and E3. It is suited for heavy metal styles such as Metalcore, Progressive Metal and Djent.

Intro Price: $89 (Reg. $119). Ample Sound is running a Metal Sale promotion, AMH, AME and AMR 3 products and 3 in 1 Metal Bundle 25% off until March 20. : https://www.amplesound.net/en/purchase.asp

New Features:

-New AMP head - Metal Double (modeled on Mesa Boogie Dual).
-New AI Generator for Metal Riffs.
-New Preset manager.
-9 string Riffer.
-9 string Tab reader.
-Built-in FX system which includes 8 band EQ, Compressor, 6 Tap Delay and IR reverb.

Sample and Articulations:

-Size:5.8 GB.
-Bridge pickup sample library.
-Stereo and Mono Modes.
-Sustain, Hammer On & Pull Off, Legato Slide, Slide in & out, Palm Mute, Pop, Natural Harmonic, Pinch Harmonic 8 articulations, Legato at random length & pitch & poly.

AMP Simulator:

-Built-in AMP system, including 6 classic head models: Metal Double (modeled on Mesa Boogie Dual), Metal Treble (modeled on Mesa Boogie Triple), Lead 800 (modeled on Marshall JCM800), Jazz 120 (modeled on Roland JC120), 65 Twang (modeled on Fender 65 Twin Reverb) and 57 Delight (modeled on Fender 57 Deluxe).
-7 matching cabinets:1x12 57D, 2x12 65T, 2x12 120, 4x12 60A, 4x12 60B, 4x12 Ro and 4x12 Ri.
-Each Cabinet has 8 mic options: U87, C414, MD421, SM57, E609, C414 XLS, R121 and M160.
-Room Mics.
-Each preset featured a riff(with 1 – 8 measure) which users can go to Riffer panel and have a preview.

System Requirements:

-Windows: Windows 7/8/10, 64-bit only (32-bit not supported).
-Mac: 10.9 or higher.
-VST2, VST3, AU, AAX and Standalone host.
-10 GB Hard Disk, Intel i5 or higher.

Old 20th February 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
On my way to buying right now!
Old 20th February 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Looks neato! Are the samples of the DI dry guitar or only with the amp?
Old 20th February 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
All the samples are clean D.I. Nothing with sampled amp sound, that sucks. The plug-in comes with built-in amp simulators which are great.

This is hands-down the best virtual metal guitar I have ever tried. I have all the Shreddage guitars, Vir2 Electricity, Pettinhouse electrics, Orange Tree electrics,Real Guitar Les Paul and Strat and the AcousticSamples Strat. None of those comes close to this for a metal guitar.

I'm a longtime "keyboard guitarist" who has spent 30 years on my keyboard guitar technique, mainly because I got sick of waiting for guitar players to come over if I had an idea I wanted to try out. I use all the other Amplesound products in my productions, often I haven't even needed a real guitar player, thanks to the quality of the Amplesound guitars and basses.

The really cool thing with this 9-string guitar is that you can play chunk-mute to open metal riffs without having to go to the Strummer at all. Call up the first preset, lay your hands on the keys - instant metal madness. Insane fast leads are a breeze, the guitar "plays" very smoothly and fast. I like it better than the Amplesound Metal Eclipse, which up till now was their only metal guitar.
Old 20th February 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich ➡️
All the samples are clean D.I. Nothing with sampled amp sound, that sucks. The plug-in comes with built-in amp simulators which are great.

This is hands-down the best virtual metal guitar I have ever tried. I have all the Shreddage guitars, Vir2 Electricity, Pettinhouse electrics, Orange Tree electrics,Real Guitar Les Paul and Strat and the AcousticSamples Strat. None of those comes close to this for a metal guitar.

I'm a longtime "keyboard guitarist" who has spent 30 years on my keyboard guitar technique, mainly because I got sick of waiting for guitar players to come over if I had an idea I wanted to try out. I use all the other Amplesound products in my productions, often I haven't even needed a real guitar player, thanks to the quality of the Amplesound guitars and basses.

The really cool thing with this 9-string guitar is that you can play chunk-mute to open metal riffs without having to go to the Strummer at all. Call up the first preset, lay your hands on the keys - instant metal madness. Insane fast leads are a breeze, the guitar "plays" very smoothly and fast. I like it better than the Amplesound Metal Eclipse, which up till now was their only metal guitar.
Thanks Dave! Odin is the best one I've tried so far, the palm mutes are actually picked really hard which the other ones don't have. Shreddage Hydra is coming soon and is also really cool, a lot more versatile than Odin.
Old 20th February 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I bought this last night. As with all my AmpleSound purchases, I think it sounds amazing. No regrets at all. Incredible sound right out of the box.

My only slight disappointment is that AmpleSound's usual auto-strum / chord capabilities (as distinct from the Riffer) are not included (unless it's moved and I'm somehow missing it). I assume the idea is that this is meant more for leads, and that we'd use AME for chords. Or maybe it was just too complex to deal with for 9 strings.

But even though I wish the capability had been included, there is nothing stopping me from just playing (low, doom-laden) chords manually, or using any of the many separate midi chord and strumming tools I have, so it's not a big issue.
Old 20th February 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirkusPi ➡️
I bought this last night. As with all my AmpleSound purchases, I think it sounds amazing. No regrets at all. Incredible sound right out of the box.

My only slight disappointment is that AmpleSound's usual auto-strum / chord capabilities (as distinct from the Riffer) are not included (unless it's moved and I'm somehow missing it). I assume the idea is that this is meant more for leads, and that we'd use AME for chords. Or maybe it was just too complex to deal with for 9 strings.

But even though I wish the capability had been included, there is nothing stopping me from just playing (low, doom-laden) chords manually, or using any of the many separate midi chord and strumming tools I have, so it's not a big issue.
I didn’t even think to check for the strummer.
It’s usually accesses by clicking on the pick icon
in the GUI. Hmmm.

Metal is such a different style, involving
combining choking, muted picking, and
open chords, squeals, slides, hammer-ons, pull-offs, and whammy bar, often within one bar of music, maybe Amplesound didnt think a
strummer would be adequate.

If you play a simple root and fifth, with the
root coming in slightly ahead of the fifth,
it simulates playing a chord perfectly. Hardest
velocities cause a sustaining sound, lower
velocities cause the muted picking (chug or chunks) sound, but Amplesound has it set up
so harder velocities start around 100,
so you can go between choke muted chugging
and sustained solo notes easily. And the
velocity ranges are editable. This is what
I really love. Other products such as
Shreddage’s latest trigger articulations
mostly by keyswitches which for metal
and hard rock is both tedious and impractical.
With Ample Hellrazer, I can just play
away and it seems to intuitively follow
what I want to do.

My only problem with Amplesound is that
they keep releasing products I absolutely
have to have. My wallet is getting angry with me.
Old 21st February 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Ample Sound AMH - Light Your Fire by Tremendouz

Old 22nd February 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
GIVEAWAY ALERT!

Want to dig deeper within our NEW Ample Guitar Hellrazer and also get a chance to WIN your own copy? Ruben has all the answers for you HERE:
Old 25th February 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I wonder if it can do sweep picking arpeggio solos; that's where my own guitar playing suffers.

Dan
Old 29th February 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by REwire ➡️
I wonder if it can do sweep picking arpeggio solos; that's where my own guitar playing suffers.

Dan

Its more oriented towards heavy picking and ''CHUG'' \m/

Here's a Heavy Dose of Trash Metal with our latest VI Ample Metall Hellrazer

Look at our site for discounts: www.amplesound.net

Old 17th March 2020
Here for the gear

Is or will there be a free trial? The product looks awesome, but I just can't rationalize dropping ~$100 on something without verifying that it will meet my specific needs.

How does the AI Note Generator work with FL Studio? Does it auto populate the piano roll for the pattern I'm in, or would I have to copy it over somehow?

Thanks!
Old 2nd May 2020
Here for the gear

wow, it sounds incredible, for example in eclipse metal I don't know how you do, but it is difficult to make palm mutes playing on the midi keyboard, on this new guitar, according to the user Dave Polich, it would be great if you can tell me, it is easy to play without problem on the palm mutes keyboard and the heavy guitar in general ??? I would like to buy it, but I need to be sure that this product gives you that ease of turning on the guitar and starting to play on the keyboard ...., be it palm mutes or guitar with sustain

ps I saw a 14-minute video where in minute 6, 7 the user plays for a few seconds and it would seem that it was "easy" to play palm mutes directly on the keyboard without programming and burning my head
Old 13th May 2020
Here for the gear

I need this guitar
📝 Reply