The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kazrog Announcing True Dynamics
Old 14th January 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun ➡️
Why? 2 rare modeled comps from a great coder for 75 dollars is cheap anyway but with pre-order discount, it´s a great bargain.

I never use gain compensation, very few are reliable. I always do level matching by ear. There I know for shure it´s not 100% reliable but I´m not fooled by a code
MJUC‘s gain compensation works almost perfect most of the time (sometimes 0.1-0.3dB additional correction needed)

Looking forward to the Kazrog comps.
Old 14th January 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The only problem I have with this is that I can’t have it now!!! I’ll preorder anyway simply because there are some companies I trust to the point of not even demoing. I’m sure a lot of us probably have one or two of those.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot ➡️
MJUC‘s gain compensation works almost perfect most of the time (sometimes 0.1-0.3dB additional correction needed)

Looking forward to the Kazrog comps.
Oh yes. Outs one of the greatest software emulations out on the market anyways. Toni made a reference with MJUC.

Adding the price and the fact that it has no copy protection, it can't be reached by other devs. This is the new quality and comfort standard for me all others have to compete with. It puts most totally overrated, overpriced and overprotected products and their makers to shame... sorry to say so straight.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage ➡️
It's at least its 8th product.

Recabinet
Thermionik
masterDither
ValvEQ
KClip
True Iron
Synth Warmer

Seems that ValvEQ, masterDither and Thermionik will be "reborn" this year too, upgraded, enhanced, so great news IMHO!
This! And yes, the old plugins will be reborn anew this year.

Devin Powers and I made the decision to go into NAMM this year with something synergistic, since we are nominated for a TEC Award with True Iron, it made since to announce the next product in our collaborative series (True Dynamics.).

I've been in business for 10 years making plugins, and 12 years since I released my first IR library. But I don't mind being considered a "new" developer - in a lot of ways I still feel like I'm just getting started or even getting "serious" - whatever that means. It's a neverending learning process. I've been doing this long enough, though, that literally nothing you guys could say in this thread would hurt my feelings (and none of it does - I can totally understand and relate to all of it, good and bad.)

I feel good about what I'm doing and I know I can't please everyone. It's all good - use the products you love from the manufacturers you trust. It's YOUR music, after all.

Really busy working and preparing for NAMM. If any of you are going to be there, I don't have a booth, but if you see me feel free to introduce yourself.
Old 14th January 2020
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Hilarious since people are pre ordering hardware at lots of money they have never heard nor seen.....! I don't think it's a bad thing. What's wrong with saving money? Good on them not another UA or SSL emulation!......
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog ➡️

Devin Powers and I made the decision to go into NAMM this year with something synergistic, since we are nominated for a TEC Award with True Iron, it made since to announce the next product in our collaborative series (True Dynamics.).

I've been in business for 10 years making plugins, and 12 years since I released my first IR library. But I don't mind being considered a "new" developer - in a lot of ways I still feel like I'm just getting started or even getting "serious" - whatever that means. It's a neverending learning process. I've been doing this long enough, though, that literally nothing you guys could say in this thread would hurt my feelings (and none of it does - I can totally understand and relate to all of it, good and bad.)

I feel good about what I'm doing and I know I can't please everyone. It's all good - use the products you love from the manufacturers you trust. It's YOUR music, after all.

Really busy working and preparing for NAMM. If any of you are going to be there, I don't have a booth, but if you see me feel free to introduce yourself.
I wish you and your team mates a fun and successful time at NAMM. I'm looking forward to what's coming out of Kazrogs laboratories in 2020. It's great to know such a great team and worth supporting imho.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Good point and well taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceover Guy ➡️
Absolutely agree.

The point of buying more is that coding and algorithms are getting better all the time.

The increasing accuracy of analog modelling in the past few years is astounding compared to even five years ago. There's no comparison.
Old 15th January 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog ➡️

Hi Shane!,

60 USD is no little money to spend blindly, but could maybe do an exception if at least there were some demo clips.

Wish you the best.
Daniel.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 ➡️
Hi Shane!,

60 USD is no little money to spend blindly, but could maybe do an exception if at least there were some demo clips.

Wish you the best.
Daniel.
to save you the suspense, it's going to be 2 vibey compressors with a lot of color and of a high quality for a relatively cheap price
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 ➡️
Hi Shane!,

Wish you the best.
Daniel.
Demo clips coming soon!

In the mean time, I can tell you that the drum bus in the song I made for the video was parallel slammed through the LA1B model. But I'll be adding some proper dry and wet clips as time permits.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt ➡️
You're right, and I guess I'm running about a 10:1 ratio of compressors owned versus actually used.
Hard or Soft Knee??

I do agree, though -got so many of everything!
Old 18th January 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I called it. I posted how cool it would be for Kazrog to make a comp.

Is it mono or stereo? Will it change a stereo signal to mono?
Old 18th January 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis ➡️
Hilarious since people are pre ordering hardware at lots of money they have never heard nor seen.....! I don't think it's a bad thing. What's wrong with saving money? Good on them not another UA or SSL emulation!......
to be fair when you pre order hardware from a company many of them offer refunds if you dont like it. But I'm probably going to pre order this because i love kazrog and im sure this will be fantastic and find some use with me.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodakell ➡️
to be fair when you pre order hardware from a company many of them offer refunds if you dont like it. But I'm probably going to pre order this because i love kazrog and im sure this will be fantastic and find some use with me.
It will def be good, I feel like I got a bunch of old vibey compressors at this point so not sure if I need it yet.
Old 18th January 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
3 pages of discussions... Discussions about not released yet plugin.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Flux ➡️
3 pages of discussions... Discussions about not released yet plugin.
Did you just discover the internet last week?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto ➡️
It will def be good, I feel like I got a bunch of old vibey compressors at this point so not sure if I need it yet.
The difference between need and want, its a subtle trick we can end up playing with ourselves...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanelysane ➡️
The difference between need and want, its a subtle trick we can end up playing with ourselves...
right! i definitely want it, but i have a few of the Fuse compressors, along with some AA stuff, and MJUC, and some PSP stuff... I don't really NEED it I think
Old 20th January 2020
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Looking forward to this.

Shane - I'm a big supporter of yourself and Kazrog, but I find the preorder (even with audio samples) a bit of a turn off if I'm honest. It feels disingenuous. I know for a fact you're entirely trustworthy, but it'll look/feel that way to others too. Myself, like many I'm sure, would demo and buy it in a heartbeat at the same intro price. You'll likely lose sales by offering a cheaper pre-order before anyone can actually demo it themselves, as those who missed the lower price will be less inclined to pay more.

Just keep the preorder price open for a handful of days once the demo is out (and make it CRYSTAL clear how long it'll last; i.e. people need to be spoon fed information). Done!
Old 24th January 2020
Gear Addict

Yeah, asking people to buy stuff without demoing is ....weird. One BIG advantage of software over hardware is that you can easily demo everything before you buy. Why throw that away for no reason?
Old 24th January 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubguy99 ➡️
Yeah, asking people to buy stuff without demoing is ....weird. One BIG advantage of software over hardware is that you can easily demo everything before you buy. Why throw that away for no reason?
It seems IK is doing the same with their sunset reverb as well... I hope this doesn't become a trend.
Old 24th January 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Any more precise release date ?
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubguy99 ➡️
Dude, I don't even buy a loaf of bread without squeezing it first.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lusk ➡️
LOL
Old 26th January 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn ➡️
Presto made some classic tape machines. This should be good.
And vinyl cutting lathes that are still being used today.
Old 30th January 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Best GS quote I've seen in a while. LOL
Old 30th January 2020 | Show parent
Deleted 087297e
Quote:
But if you went to the same bakery for the past 3 years and were not disappointed once, I guarantee you when the baker handed you the bread you wouldn't think twice

haha just wanted to chime in on that as your quote definitely was a zinger

I'm buying the sunset studio reverb from ik blindly without demo, but I will not pre-order it as there's no benefit in price and I just hate paying for something I cant have right away

I was close to pre ordering this but have to many compressors so will wait to try, I cant say the same with convolution reverbs, and still won't pre-order but prob would if there was special pricing for pre-order
Old 31st January 2020
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Guys it's simple, you like the guys work and you get a early discount. I don't have a problem paying for the buffet before I eat it..... Hell Stam you're paying hundreds for a product you won't hear for a couple of years and hope moving forward doesn't blow up into a complex repair project....... Be nice however if there's a trial period if you don't like it like SKNote.....
Old 31st January 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artcutech ➡️
But if you went to the same bakery for the past 3 years and were not disappointed once, I guarantee you when the baker handed you the bread you wouldn't think twice
Definitely true on that.

However, new customers don't typically go for that. And without a constant flow of new customers a business cannot survive.
Old 1st February 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This is a really interesting debate. I will propose a question to you.

If the new product were a tube based variant of True Iron let's call it "True Tube" for now. Would you be more comfortable with the pre sale deal?

G
Closed