The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Relab System 6000 Reverb Plugin
Old 10th January 2020
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Relab System 6000 Reverb Plugin

Seems relab is going System 6000 Reverb, and they mention surround options!

Last edited by sorkc; 11th January 2020 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: Error in formatting
Old 10th January 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Oh yeah!
Old 10th January 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Cant wait to try it out! Hopefully theyll add it to subscription as I already have it.
Old 10th January 2020
Gear Nut

where is it ?
Old 11th January 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great news.
Old 11th January 2020
Gear Nut

I think might be the best reverb ever in plugin?
Old 11th January 2020
M2E
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Wait, I'm confused. It's that already what we have? Just a much better GUI?

Thanks, Marc
Old 11th January 2020
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
it looks stereo only

many people use system 6000 for LCR and 5.0 reverbs.

Old 11th January 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
In a newsletter they mentioned VSR S24 was getting a new name. This is it. Can't speak for new features.
Old 11th January 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I still don’t get why TC themselves are sitting on great algorithms and don’t make more native plugs. Curious to try Relab’s take on this as VSS3 from TC is my favorite reverb.
Old 11th January 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy ➡️
it looks stereo only

many people use system 6000 for LCR and 5.0 reverbs.

If you look on the screenshot, there are surrpund options. Also, this is vsr24? Not a new plug in except the gui? I still see vsr24 and vsr 24 pan in my ilok account...
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulderfbi ➡️
cant wait to try it out! Hopefully theyll add it to subscription as i already have it.
I want to believe!!!
Old 11th January 2020
F5D
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Even if it is a GUI + name change, it is very welcome. Relab makes great reverb plugins, always my go-to reverbs.
Old 11th January 2020
Lives for gear

I hope it's 6000.
Old 11th January 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I can see VSR REV6000 license in my iLok account now, no more VSR PAN, but VSR S24 is still there (probably because of old projects and compatibility). Cant wait to try it!!!

I was also hoping to see an another reverb from Relab at NAMM which will be more specialized reverb algo, something like Shimmer or Blackhole! That would be nice too, but so far no news about that.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy ➡️
I hope it's 6000.
VSR24 has always been a 6000 emulation, and a very good one. This is a re-branding, not a new plugin, and they've added some functionality (e.g. surround).
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarist9891 ➡️
I still don’t get why TC themselves are sitting on great algorithms and don’t make more native plugs. Curious to try Relab’s take on this as VSS3 from TC is my favorite reverb.
I suppose it's subjective, but as a TC fan, and past SYS6000 and VSS3 owner, I think Relab has bested the VSS3 by a good margin, and brought us close to a true 6000-in-a-box. It lacks much of the 6000's capabilities, but strictly speaking of sound quality, I'd be comfortable swapping out a 6000 for the VSR.
Old 12th January 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm an ex-6000 owner too - and this is confusing!

So it now looks (a little) like a 6000 interface but this is not official or authorised.
Yet at the same time, TC themselves have the VSS3 and DVR2 out as plugins.

Back when I had the machine, my favourite verb was the VSS4 - still waiting for the plugin of that one! But since those days, the plugin space sounds a whole lot better, with the work of Michael Carnes in the algorithmic world and Seventh Heaven bringing the sound of Bricasti to the masses.
Old 12th January 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years

Quantec QRS on the way as well, I presume
Old 12th January 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Case ➡️
Good call! It appears to have that same layout. And they've already done some degree of Quantec emulation with the Sonsig verb.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey MTC ➡️
I'm an ex-6000 owner too - and this is confusing!

So it now looks (a little) like a 6000 interface but this is not official or authorised.
Yet at the same time, TC themselves have the VSS3 and DVR2 out as plugins.

Back when I had the machine, my favourite verb was the VSS4 - still waiting for the plugin of that one! But since those days, the plugin space sounds a whole lot better, with the work of Michael Carnes in the algorithmic world and Seventh Heaven bringing the sound of Bricasti to the masses.
If TC wants to stay competitive they'll need to release VSS4, or something on that level.
Old 12th January 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It's not really a System 6K emulation because it doesn't emulate VSS3, 4, etc. It's an emulation of one System 6K algorithm, VSS6.1 (previously only a stereo emulation).
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo ➡️
If TC wants to stay competitive they'll need to release VSS4, or something on that level.
You'd be surprised by how many people with System 6Ks are using presets running VSS3. It's a great reverb, one of the classics that gives you that instantly familiar sound.
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Wasn't VSS3 only one of the algorithms / programs from the system 6000?

This new interface would imply newer or a collection of these things rather than the VSS3 which was just one. I dont know! But I need to know lol
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yes, the VSS3 was one of the older algorithms that featured in the TC6000. It was available as a TDM plugin as well in the early to mid 2000s, so not cutting edge by any means, but it does get a lot of love around here.

Later in the 6000s run was when the VSS4 was released and was touted as a much more advanced and cutting edge algorithm. It was too large to be a TDM plugin at the time and was only available on the 6000 and the also expensive, stereo machine, the 4000.

Back in those days, these hardware boxes were the only way to access these high quality algos (also include Lexicon 960 in this). Today we're spoiled!
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Looking forward to more details about this one. Love and use the VSR S24 regularly
Old 13th January 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous ➡️
Here's a significant tidbit from Martin Lind:

"REV6000 will not replace S24 which will continue to exist, but will receive a completely new update in 2020 with new GUI - it will not look like this one.‬" ("this one" meaning REV6000)

There seems to be a lot of misinformation coming from social media to GS... I guess people just read how some random person thinks things are (or they want them to be) and think it's true... welcome to the "misinformation age."

I see a lot of people complaining about how bad things are here now... from what I've seen, it's worse on Facebook and Twitter... of course, don't take my word for it, though (heh).
Where did you read that info from Martin? Looking forward to hearing more about this as VSR S24 is by far my most used software reverb.
Old 13th January 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm going to have to get on-board with a subscription with this guy - he's serious!

Quote:

Old 14th January 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Where did you read that info from Martin? Looking forward to hearing more about this as VSR S24 is by far my most used software reverb.
Seems like a private message that wasn't meant for public consumption (which might explain why the original was deleted).
Old 16th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Anyone swinging by their booth to check new Quantec and REV6000? Interested if REV is going to be an upgrade or free update to VSR, and that QRS will be insta-buy for me, such a special sounding unit.
📝 Reply