The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DMGAudio TrackComp 2
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
DMGAudio TrackComp 2

We've overhauled TrackComp. All the models have been upgraded from TrackComp 1 and there's four new compressors in there.
It's more accurate, freely resizable and has lots of oversampling.

If you owned TrackComp 1 you now own TrackComp 2.

It's ready for you to download and install from: https://dmgaudio.com/trackcomp

TrackComp 2 is £74.99 this month (which is what TrackComp 1 cost) and will go up to £84.99 at the end of December.

All the distortion, every component modelled, juicy delicious analogue goodness plus mini-Compassion.

The models now include:
- Revision A and D of the classic 76 FET compressor
- British (G-Bus) and American (2k5) VCA bus compressors
- 2A Opto compressor with lush valve output stage
- Zener Comp/Limiter
- 160 early VCA comp for drums
- British E-channel console compressor
- Mini Compassion!

It's quite full on.

Hope you enjoy!

Dave and Krz.

P.S. we've reset everyone's demo periods too
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGamble ➡️
We've overhauled TrackComp. All the models have been upgraded from TrackComp 1 and there's four new compressors in there.
It's more accurate, freely resizable and has lots of oversampling.

If you owned TrackComp 1 you now own TrackComp 2.

It's ready for you to download and install from: https://dmgaudio.com/trackcomp

TrackComp 2 is £74.99 this month (which is what TrackComp 1 cost) and will go up to £84.99 at the end of December.

All the distortion, every component modelled, juicy delicious analogue goodness plus mini-Compassion.

The models now include:
- Revision A and D of the classic 76 FET compressor
- British (G-Bus) and American (2k5) VCA bus compressors
- 2A Opto compressor with lush valve output stage
- Zener Comp/Limiter
- 160 early VCA comp for drums
- British E-channel console compressor
- Mini Compassion!

It's quite full on.

Hope you enjoy!

Dave and Krz.

P.S. we've reset everyone's demo periods too
Awesome! Psyched to try it tonight.
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Time for a second demo. I liked the G-Bus quite a lot. Let's check that 2k5.

What happened to the red comp? I hoped it would be included in v2
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
you guys are a CLASS act! Looking forward to checking it out.
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

2500 is one of my absolut fav comps - really great, and all over its a very nice tool with alot of options. very recommended!
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
So coool !
Didn't have time to test everything intensively, but while quickly using most of the new models at least there's no visible (audible) bug...

Cool new toy for the next days !
Old 26th November 2019
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Great Company,can we have track eq too.
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The beta sounded good when I had limited time with it. Why do I always feel excited whenever there’s a new compressor in town - especially one (!) with a reputation like this. Will this be the only compressor I ever need?!
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear
Zener limiter (diy) is my favourite mixing tool and I would love to have ability to use such flavour on multiple tracks. I'll give it a go when I get time.
Old 26th November 2019
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Just bought!

Like all gear, it's going to take a while to get used to it, all the models, the range of controls, the options, etc. But I'm excited to dig in.

Would love to hear from Dave about the oversampling options and his take on the effects and tradeoffs. Any recommendations in that regard? Do you see big accuracy or sonic benefit with the different OS options?
Old 26th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganglion ➡️
Just bought!

Like all gear, it's going to take a while to get used to it, all the models, the range of controls, the options, etc. But I'm excited to dig in.

Would love to hear from Dave about the oversampling options and his take on the effects and tradeoffs. Any recommendations in that regard? Do you see big accuracy or sonic benefit with the different OS options?
Best oversampling I have heard yet imo.

Meaning it often sounds better when its on. Which I have found is not always the case with all oversamplings.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom & Roland ➡️
Best oversampling I have heard yet imo.

Meaning it often sounds better when its on. Which I have found is not always the case with all oversamplings.
Agreed, very very good oversampling. For those familiar with other DMG plugins, its the same as their "HQ" oversampling option, which is now standard for them.

I find it makes stuff ever so slightly brighter in a nice way. Its very subtle, sometimes it sounds better and sometimes it doesn't. Track Comp definitely doesn't need it really ever. I think Dave just put silly oversampling options (x16) in there because he could.

Edit: also as a beta tester I hadn't realized they had updated the other models. But all of a sudden G comp sounds great, so that would explain it! Its a great time to be alive.
Old 26th November 2019
Here for the gear

Cool stuff
Old 26th November 2019
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Great updates! But I'm getting higher CPU consumption now it's seems?
It feels a bit to high now. 2-3x more then fabfilter C2 for ex. Anyone else?

Windows 10
FL Studio 20
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynet ➡️
Great updates! But I'm getting higher CPU consumption now it's seems?
It feels a bit to high now. 2-3x more then fabfilter C2 for ex. Anyone else?

Windows 10
FL Studio 20
Each compressor model is different.... some take more cpu to model accurately.

Fabfilter C2 is a digital model, no modelling is taking place.

Apples and oranges. (you could of course compare DMG mode which is also a digital model)
Old 26th November 2019
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Best (digital) compressors in the industry
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:

Fabfilter C2 is a digital model, no modelling is taking place.

Apples and oranges. (you could of course compare DMG mode which is also a digital model)
And a really great digital model at that.
Gear Maniac

I tested (11)76A on vocals, before the main compressor and it really sounded ... well, analog. Meaning some sharp (not good sounding) edges were reduced.
Old 27th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Great as always. Waiting for Equilibrium 2
Old 27th November 2019 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Isn't the track series meant to be straight forward and simple and take a minimum amount of CPU?
I said it felt like it's a bit higher now but I won't install the old one just to check. That's why I asked if anyone else have the same feeling that it has increased?
And I compared it with Fabfilter because it's a medium/low CPU plugin, emulation or not. And TrackComp is now much higher and can't be used as much.
I could be wrong off course and missed that the CPU was high from the beginning but I don't think so.
I have no problem if the new models take more if they have to. Just want to be able to use many instances!
Gear Maniac

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali ➡️
Great as always. Waiting for Equilibrium 2
Is this an actual thing happening? Or is it just a speculative appreciation post!
Old 27th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
This is incredible. What a class company DMG is. Not only do they give new models (i only heard about the 160 but there are three more!!) but they overhaul all the others too.
I thought the buss comp sounded amazing - now i know why!

think about the value of this plugin for a second. Even companies like Fuse, who rightly get a lot of praise for giving good quality plugs at reasonable prices, are more expensive than this....if you factor in the 8 comps in this one box.

What i love with this plugin is, you can put an instance on each track and KNOW that it has you covered, no matter what style of compression you need. And each one is really its own compressor.

Topping it off is the extremely well implemented oversampling. Great stuff.

the zener limited is blowing my mind right now! THD mode is a wonderful gift.
Which brings me to my next point - I would LOVE to hear DMG's take on a distortion plug.

They have nailed the distortion in this one so well, whilst avoiding the over hyped/cartoonish quality a lot of plugins have when they try to sound 'more analog than analog'...i think a DMG take on distortion would be amazing.

Great job
Old 27th November 2019
Gear Nut

are people using the Zener with two instances of the plugin, one in THD mode and another in comp (or limit) mode? or is the harmonic distortion included in comp/limit mode? my ears are telling me that the comp/limit is clean (or at least way way more subtle than what you can get with THD mode), but my ears have been wrong before!
Old 27th November 2019
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
it is a very good compressor plugin - actually - probably the best...
Old 27th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Is it compatible with earlier sessions made with TrackComp 1 ?

Dave said he improved the sound of the first models in this version.
So I guess the G bus (for exemple) will sound a bit different now.

It could be cool to know what exactly means this "difference"...
Clearer (less artifacts) or with a different, "improved" behavior ?

By the way, I noticed the LA2A was not so prone (like before) to sudden peaks at the beginning of a musical phrase. Before, when the comp was at rest, the first sound to hit the plugin was very frequently very peaky, and then reduced smoothly by the GR.
I understand the reason - slow attack, slow release, big gain compensation - but it seemed to me too much when compared with other similarly slow plugins.
It seems to me this issue is gone, but it may be the material I fed it...

EDIT : testing the 76a and the zener right now... Stupid smile on my face... It sounds so good. The 76a sounds very different from the 76d : more bite, more organic in an aggressive way. The Zener is absolutely great in retaining the punch while limiting (gentle term for squashing)... So much fun...
The auto gain feature just seems less accurate with the new models, but anyway it's great...
Old 27th November 2019
Lives for gear

tested yesterday alot and i really liked it. i mixed a whole song with nearly only trackcomp and it sounded great. today i will switch some instances with my regular suspects to compare.

but really a great tool for a small coin!
Old 27th November 2019
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I have to say that I think it's an incredible nice gift from DMG Audio to give TrackComp 2 to everyone who has the previous version. I played with the demo and I think it's a very impressive compressor(s) plugin!
Old 27th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It looks like a Christmas gift for me
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbeats ➡️
are people using the Zener with two instances of the plugin, one in THD mode and another in comp (or limit) mode?
Yes
Old 27th November 2019
Gear Addict
Loving this - been using beta for a while. The DMG mode is also something to not be missed out on. The S curve with right settings can make a really groovy compression behaviour.

One complaint which is there since beta - the Zener output when flat is 3dB higher than input. Can this be adjusted to be unity when set flat? Also it seems that auto makeup takes into account the higher input? Not sure about this thou
📝 Reply