The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RME introduces the Babyface Pro FS
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterphoneman ➡️
Conversely, who out there chose to stick with your original Pro believing that the improvements were minuscule enough to stay put?
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Story of my life but I got a Babyface Pro right before they released the FS so I'm just now digging into it.

But just wondering who out there made the switch from Pro to FS? And is the difference in sound noticeable enough to justify the REinvestment?

Conversely, who out there chose to stick with your original Pro believing that the improvements were minuscule enough to stay put?
RME introduces the Babyface Pro FS
Old 3 weeks ago
I am hoping that rme will make a mixer type of USB/tb3 interface. Something like a tascam model 12 rme edition
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Story of my life but I got a Babyface Pro right before they released the FS so I'm just now digging into it.

But just wondering who out there made the switch from Pro to FS? And is the difference in sound noticeable enough to justify the REinvestment?

Headphone output is improved, and the DAC is only slightly better.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Man ➡️
Headphone output is improved, and the DAC is only slightly better.
HI, i have the BBF pro .. an thinking about this FS model ... is it worth the upgrade ?? do the mic preamps sound any different ?? as you mentioned the D/A sounds only slightly better ... should i use my money elsewhere ?? thank you john

ADD: i mostly use the TRS inputs with outboard Mic Amps and EQ, Compressors ... nothing plugged into the mic pres .. if the TRS are no Different then maybe i asnwered my own question !!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've never A-B'd the BF Pro and the BF Pro FS since I only own the latter. But I don't think it would be worth it to upgrade from the previous version to the FS, the original BF Pro is a great device and won't hold anyone back. At the least, I'd be VERY surprised if you were to upgrade and find a noticeable improvement. I think you'd have to expand your budget quite a bit to notice an improvement over what you already have.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 ➡️
HI, i have the BBF pro .. an thinking about this FS model ... is it worth the upgrade ?? do the mic preamps sound any different ?? as you mentioned the D/A sounds only slightly better ... should i use my money elsewhere ?? thank you john

ADD: i mostly use the TRS inputs with outboard Mic Amps and EQ, Compressors ... nothing plugged into the mic pres .. if the TRS are no Different then maybe i asnwered my own question !!!
I have the non-FS, as well as some high end equipment to compare it to, and I think it sounds professional.

Very happy with the non-FS. Integrates beautifully with the iPad Pro. Two RE-55s on my piano and two cloudlifter Zs = awesome raw file. Equipment is so good these days.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
I just spoke to a local RME dealer and they confirmed the Babyface Pro FS is currently not in production anymore. Either RME is about to update the product or the global chip shortage and AKM factory fire is affecting the production.

Rough times.
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless98 ➡️
I just spoke to a local RME dealer and they confirmed the Babyface Pro FS is currently not in production anymore. Either RME is about to update the product or the global chip shortage and AKM factory fire is affecting the production.

Rough times.
Wow, that's sad. I snatched one second hand on super mint condition for 550€. Had an UAD Apollo X4 before but the Babyface Pro FS was so much cleaner sounding, that's why I switched.

Last edited by adl; 5 days ago at 01:54 PM..
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by adl ➡️
Wow, that's sad. I snatched one second hand on super mint condition for 550€. Had an UAD Apollo X4 before but the Babyface Pro FS was so much cleaner sounding, that's why I switched.
But they're €585 (€689 inc VAT) at Thomann and they have them in stock. Or are we talking about something different?

R.
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Betsey ➡️
But they're €585 (€689 inc VAT) at Thomann and they have them in stock. Or are we talking about something different?

R.
In germany it´s 698€ and available during the next months! That´s odd. Anyway i never found it as cheap as i bought it for those 550€
📝 Reply