The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audeze LCD-1 Open Back
Old 29th March 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni ➡️
I've been using HD600s for years with great results and then a couple of years ago I got a pair of Audeze EL-8s after reading rave reviews.

Long story short: The headband fell apart after about a year and they replaced it with a factory refurb set. Within a year, the headband fell apart on that set too. When I asked for warranty service a few months ago, they said the EL-8s were discontinued. So they swapped them for a set of their gaming headphones, which I sold on eBay to cut my losses.

Clearly, these LCD-1s were being prepared for launch a few months later. I wish he would have told me to wait. The EL-8s were designed by the BMW group, but they obviously screwed up the engineering of the headbands. I hope they learned their lesson.

Sonically, the EL-8s were different from the HD600s, so I suspect the LCD-1s will be similar and hopefully better.
I just had the EXACT same experience, but with two failed pairs of LCD-1's. What a crap service model.
📝 Reply