Brainworx Focusrite SC Channel Strip - Page 12 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Brainworx Focusrite SC Channel Strip
Old 27th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemarti ➡️
For many years, I used on a daily basis a Blue isomorphic 315 Eq. (the transformerless version if I remember correctly) While I liked it, I never thought that much of it - probably too clean for my taste? - I certainly don’t think that this eq is “usable” specially on the high freq, it extends the range and makes instruments huge sounding and in-front-of you in a very organic way. At least to me
I do a lot of soundtrack style stuff and find that quality alone, totally priceless. Will do more tests and come back.

Ale
Interesting. I think Software has to be approached in another way than the hardware pendant. Compressors often can't be pushed as hard as hardware and there is always a difference due to tolerance differences. Nowadays I think there aren't too many differences any more in the pure character of emulations. There are differences due to the chains hardware usually goes through but you can emulate so much of those analog behaviour in the box using MS tools or EQs with tiny LR differences, saturators or transients enhancers, what hardware sometimes displays more powerful.

I made the same experience as you with the Focusrite strip, it has a very good open EQ on board imo. I think it's a question of how plugins are driven and if those comparisons are really fair executed against hardware. If used in a reasonable way they are pretty good by now.
Old 10th November 2020
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
After extensive testing, using and comparing it to the other PA TMT strips, I have to say that I don't know if I need it (even if impulse-bought super cheap). The EQ and box tone is great (I like the upper mid band the most) but the compressor is mostly useless, especially for drums (even my Ableton's compressor is way more useful and good sounding).

Definitely prefer the other TMT offerings (SSL/Lindell 80, while SSL covers 90% of my needs).
Old 16th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Anyone looking to get this plugin who doesn't own the prerequisite hardware, it's on sale for $99 12/15-16/20 at Plugin alliance: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitney ➡️
Anyone looking to get this plugin who doesn't own the prerequisite hardware, it's on sale for $99 12/15-16/20 at Plugin alliance: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html
Actually, the email I was sent has it for $39.99 on their "X-Mas Calendar Sale," pricing good yesterday (12/15) and today (12/16) only. I do own the prerequisite hardware, but I don't think I got a special pricing offer based on that -I already own the plugin!

Worth checking out, anyway. The compression doesn't suck but isn't great either; but the ISA-110 EQ that's modeled is really pretty good. Be it in Focusrite's Midnight or Scarlett packs you can still pick up cheaply or for free, the Pro Tools version, the Focusrite Liquid Mix version, or this new PIA one, the 110 hardware seems to always make the leap to a plugin very nicely.

Use this code to get from the $99 listed sale price down to $39.99 -today only, kids!

XMAS20-FOCUS
Emi
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fmb ➡️
but the ISA-110 EQ that's modeled is really pretty good. Be it in Focusrite's Midnight or Scarlett packs you can still pick up cheaply or for free, the Pro Tools version, the Focusrite Liquid Mix version, or this new PIA one, the 110 hardware seems to always make the leap to a plugin very nicely.
It’s interesting how we all differ in hearing things. Compared to the isa220 in my rack the plug-in is pretty far. Compression is “poky”, de-easer is unusable, and the eq is kind of ok though when you push it it sounds pretty bad compared to the smoothness of the hardware.

I’d love to have more Isa hardware channel strips, but no plugins.
Old 16th December 2020
Lives for gear

im selling the CS fro 15 EUR
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Bought this one s/h for 10$, just because it was so cheap, and although it reminds me of an ambulance, I am using it more that I thought. Especially the eq is among the best ones that I have (talking about plugins only). The frequency of the Eq knobs is not so off as in the SSL channels strips and it has more clarity. The filters are also great for cleaning and making space. THD always under -120db as I don't like how it sounds in any PA channel strip. I use other plugins for that. Regarding the compressor, so far, I like it to fix things in their place a little bit. Have no experience with the original Focusrite hardware so I can't compare.
📝 Reply