Plugin Boutique updates Scaler to Version 1.8 - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plugin Boutique updates Scaler to Version 1.8
Old 18th June 2019 | Show parent
  #31
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_O ➡️
What does this comment want to say? My question doesn't concern the end-user?
Doesn't interest them? Is too tech-oriented question? Is already settled?
Huh? I simply informed you that it has been discussed over on their forum.
I don't remember the detail but devs suggested it was something they would like to do but was also challenging to deliver.
Old 18th June 2019 | Show parent
  #32
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_O ➡️
Why the developers are not willing to comment that? At least I´d like to know, why this feature is not implemented, what is the tech challenge here.
How should a software interprete a non diatonic melody?

What you ask for is easier to implement with a known set of chords. Which will be covered for available scales in Captain plugins in an update. Think Scaler 2.0 will deliver similar features when released. But is much more work to be done since Scaler offers more scales than Captain chords. I discussed with the devs to at least implement scales available in Ableton. Covering music theory is not as easy as it seems.
Old 18th June 2019
  #33
adl
Lives for gear
 
adl's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Just purchased Scaler.
Been playing around for 3 days now and been watching a lot of videos / tutorials showing the features of Scaler. This plugin is really great to get nice (or sad or mystical or whatever) harmonies fast. I also like the fact that it´s been updated frequently and new things are added.

Thanks for this great plugin!
Old 19th June 2019 | Show parent
  #34
HoRNet Plugins
 
HoRNet's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis ➡️
Yes basically I need to play the audio and the tech would tell me which chord it is. Obviously not easy to do since chords can be pretty complex. I have a Hornet program that will tell me the key, but not if it's say, a minor 7th....
Hi I'm writing just to let you know that the latest version of SongKey (the MK3) can identify complex chords from both audio and midi

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugin...t-songkey-mk3/

Saverio
Old 19th June 2019 | Show parent
  #35
Gear Guru
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoRNet ➡️
Hi I'm writing just to let you know that the latest version of SongKey (the MK3) can identify complex chords from both audio and midi

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugin...t-songkey-mk3/

Saverio
thx Saverio! Great to hear, big fan of your plug ins....
Old 19th June 2019 | Show parent
  #36
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllubi ➡️
How should a software interprete a non diatonic melody?

What you ask for is easier to implement with a known set of chords. Which will be covered for available scales in Captain plugins in an update. Think Scaler 2.0 will deliver similar features when released. But is much more work to be done since Scaler offers more scales than Captain chords. I discussed with the devs to at least implement scales available in Ableton. Covering music theory is not as easy as it seems.
"How should a software interprete a non diatonic melody?"
What's the difference, if the melody is diatonic, non diatonic, or in whatever key, or scale or mode?
The software would interprete the harmonic structure excatly by using the same rules, as human being (in western music).
I don't understand, what's the big deal in teaching the software the rules: of course the sofware would give as an output suggestions, because there are several possible "correct" series of chords.
Old 22nd June 2019 | Show parent
  #37
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_O ➡️
"How should a software interprete a non diatonic melody?"
What's the difference, if the melody is diatonic, non diatonic, or in whatever key, or scale or mode?
The software would interprete the harmonic structure excatly by using the same rules, as human being (in western music).
I don't understand, what's the big deal in teaching the software the rules: of course the sofware would give as an output suggestions, because there are several possible "correct" series of chords.
Not many of the artist chord sets within Scaler fit into conventional music theory. The beauty of Scaler is to analyze chord sets which break conventional rules if you ask me.
Old 22nd June 2019
  #38
Gear Guru
 
elambo's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I'm brand new to this. From what the videos show, it's a great tool for songwriting. Well done! I'm a keyboard player but I think I'll be getting this.
Old 22nd June 2019 | Show parent
  #39
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllubi ➡️
Not many of the artist chord sets within Scaler fit into conventional music theory. The beauty of Scaler is to analyze chord sets which break conventional rules if you ask me.
I think the commentator here doesn't even himself understand his own comment.
Old 23rd June 2019
  #40
Gear Addict
 
man in the house's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I got that harry kid on ignore, but every time I see a hidden post from him I get this nasty itch...Maybe he's on cocaine to be so full of himself.
Old 23rd June 2019 | Show parent
  #41
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by man in the house ➡️
I got that harry kid on ignore, but every time I see a hidden post from him I get this nasty itch...Maybe he's on cocaine to be so full of himself.
What if you opened yourself to discuss of the subject, and let these trolling-kind of comments in minority.

I'm always ready to concentrate on the subject, only.

If Illubi (or you) want to elaborate Illubis above comment:
"Not many of the artist chord sets within Scaler fit into conventional music theory. The beauty of Scaler is to analyze chord sets which break conventional rules if you ask me",
we can continue from there.

I cab't get any information there, but once you defended that comment, obviously you have.

If you are not willing to talk about the subject, I consider you just a troll, without value to our Forum community.
Old 23rd June 2019 | Show parent
  #42
Gear Addict
 
man in the house's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I think Illubi's comment is perfectly clear and I just considered your answer to him very rude.

Last edited by man in the house; 23rd June 2019 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 23rd June 2019 | Show parent
  #43
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by man in the house ➡️
I think Illubi's comment is perfectly clear and I just considered your answer to him very rude.
"Perfectly clear" is not elaboration, nor discussion. The value of this comment was pure zero.

I don't believe you have a clue.
to referesh the thread followers memory, the above Illubis comment was reply to my comments #27 and #36.
Old 23rd June 2019
  #44
Gear Addict
 
man in the house's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
You're gaga. But then forum posters considering themselves to speak for other forum peeps usually are. But it's my problem, just gotta find something to cure that itch I mentioned.
Old 23rd June 2019 | Show parent
  #45
Gear Guru
 
elambo's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_O ➡️
"Perfectly clear" is not elaboration, nor discussion. The value of this comment was pure zero.

I don't believe you have a clue.
to referesh the thread followers memory, the above Illubis comment was reply to my comments #27 and #36.
The thread followers have no interest in your quarrel, though he's absolutely right -- you are being unnecessarily rude and offensive.

Let' get back to the product!
Old 4th July 2019 | Show parent
  #46
Lives for gear
 
telecode's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
hi, so this this VST sort of like Steinbergs chord assistant within Cubase?
Old 5th July 2019
  #47
Gear Head
 
It is more fully featured than the Chord Assistant in Cubase but usability is worse (and can only get so good since equally tight DAW integration just isn't possible for a third party plugin)
Old 19th May 2020 | Show parent
  #48
Gear Nut
 
Proverbalizer's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis ➡️
I play keyboard by ear and am wondering whether there is a product that can detect chords? I really have no idea what specifically I'm playing and routinely pitch the keyboard to match my vocal range. This makes it difficult to work with other musicians as they have to make their own charts....

Obviously midi is the answer but is there a product that identifies chords? Hornet isn't working except for song key (although will try the update). Would Scaler work for this?
I love how logic pro does that for me.
Old 19th May 2020
  #49
Lives for gear
 
V2 is coming soon... but when?
Old 19th May 2020 | Show parent
  #50
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 ➡️
V2 is coming soon... but when?
Scheduled for release on May 27th
Old 27th May 2020
  #51
adl
Lives for gear
 
adl's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Scaler 2 is out:
https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/6439

Upgrade from Version 1 is around 20$: https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/6440



Old 27th May 2020 | Show parent
  #52
Gear Maniac
 
What a fair upgrade price for the amazing features.

Old 28th May 2020
  #53
Lives for gear
 
Fleer's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Wait until June for the new freebie.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 24 views: 6628
Avatar for Fleer
Fleer 20th October 2014
replies: 207 views: 12565
Avatar for gregwar
gregwar 25th September 2016
replies: 40 views: 10728
Avatar for spnc
spnc 2 weeks ago
replies: 4 views: 920
Avatar for xanderbeanz
xanderbeanz 10th October 2020
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump