Gearspace.com

Gearspace.com (https://gearspace.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://gearspace.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   iZotope Introduces Neutron 3 (https://gearspace.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1267776-izotope-introduces-neutron-3-a.html)

Deleted 6a619e4 29th January 2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egloss (Post 15263445)
and what's the buffer size in live?

During mixing, when tracking is done and latency isn ˋt a factor, I use 2048 samples buffer size.

Pingafuego 30th January 2021 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filterfreak (Post 15262398)
I am running 256 parallel tracks, each with one instance of Simpler and Neutron 3 (with comp, eq and sculptor engaged) in Ableton live. Cpu is on 45% on my i9 9900X (64 gig RAM)

512 parallel tracks should be no problem, but I ˋm not Hans Zimmer, so :lol:

And what about memory? In Pro Tools Neutron 3 takes a lot of memory

Deleted 6a619e4 30th January 2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pingafuego (Post 15265129)
And what about memory? In Pro Tools Neutron 3 takes a lot of memory

Havent ˋt checked that. Guess it was ni problem cause of the 64 gig RAM

ghostman 31st January 2021 05:09 PM

Has anyone noticed any distortion being introduced by the compressor ?

I can't use the multi band compressor in neutron in Logic x without noticing a tiny bit of unpleasant distortion being introduced. It is only ever...and only ever has been....neutron's compressor that does this in my system and no other plug - in.

I use proper gain staging and I'm not using the MB compressor for anything more than c 2db GR per band.......but its there

Any thoughts/impressions/other GS users experiences much appreciated.

Deleted 6a619e4 2nd February 2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostman (Post 15267556)
Has anyone noticed any distortion being introduced by the compressor ?

I can't use the multi band compressor in neutron in Logic x without noticing a tiny bit of unpleasant distortion being introduced. It is only ever...and only ever has been....neutron's compressor that does this in my system and no other plug - in.

I use proper gain staging and I'm not using the MB compressor for anything more than c 2db GR per band.......but its there

Any thoughts/impressions/other GS users experiences much appreciated.

It might sound too obvious but are you using too short attack and release times?

ghostman 2nd February 2021 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deleted 6a619e4 (Post 15271563)
It might sound too obvious but are you using too short attack and release times?

Thanks for your reply / taking an interest

In fact , yes I do use fast attack release times as I’m just using it as a very light compressor on the music bus to provide a very tame 1-2 dB max

I’ll check if altering the attack times makes a diff

I’ll be disappointed if it is because I’m doing very light work with quick attack times of about 18 ms

I’m not pushing it at all IMO

Currently I’ve been unable to use it and use the ml4000 instead without the limiter

Are you using the neutron compressor successfully?

Thanks again

Deleted 6a619e4 2nd February 2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostman (Post 15272133)
Thanks for your reply / taking an interest

In fact , yes I do use fast attack release times as I’m just using it as a very light compressor on the music bus to provide a very tame 1-2 dB max

I’ll check if altering the attack times makes a diff

I’ll be disappointed if it is because I’m doing very light work with quick attack times of about 18 ms

I’m not pushing it at all IMO

Currently I’ve been unable to use it and use the ml4000 instead without the limiter

Are you using the neutron compressor successfully?

Thanks again

I am diving into the whole Izotope-universe right now, experimenting with using Neutron on all tracks. So far I very much like the eq and the comp also. Haven ´t noticed any kind of unusual distortion of the comp so far.

So, depending on the kind of material you ´re using it on (longer, sustained sounds), longer attack and release times might work well.

blackcom 3rd February 2021 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filterfreak (Post 15272191)
I am diving into the whole Izotope-universe right now, experimenting with using Neutron on all tracks. So far I very much like the eq and the comp also. Haven ´t noticed any kind of unusual distortion of the comp so far.

So, depending on the kind of material you ´re using it on (longer, sustained sounds), lowering the attack and release setting might work well.

Ratio 6, attack 0.6 release 0.2 on drums!

Deleted 6a619e4 3rd February 2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcom (Post 15272467)
Ratio 6, attack 0.6 release 0.2 on drums!

On drums this should work well, depending on your taste. It might start to distort on longer, sustained sounds with this settings though.

ghostman 3rd February 2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deleted 6a619e4 (Post 15272844)
On drums this should work well, depending on your taste. It might start to distort on longer, sustained sounds with this settings though.

yeah that's too high a ratio for me....i prefer upward expansion to squashing sounds down....but i program sampled drums not tracking live drums.

....as i say, the ML4000 is beating the neutron compressor for me at the mo....i'll have a tinker again tho

Izotope are defo v good at design though, so I'm sure i must be able to get rid of the problem.....as i say...its a v. very faint scratchy distortion being introduced ...a bit like a hint of decapitator on punish mode....not good at all :tut: