The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PCB Grinder new units & guides
Old 10th February 2019
  #1
Village Idiot
 
Labs's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
PCB Grinder new units & guides

February 2019

New designs available from PCB Grinder, including revised assembly guides.

PCBGRINDER.COM

MS76



MS4K



Gustav
Old 15th February 2019
  #2
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Hi Labs,

Cool looking case update! Does this differ internally from the old Munson & Fletcher branded design? Any clips of it in action? I'm considering putting one together.
Old 16th February 2019 | Show parent
  #3
Village Idiot
 
Labs's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pemberley ➑️
Hi Labs,

Cool looking case update! Does this differ internally from the old Munson & Fletcher branded design? Any clips of it in action? I'm considering putting one together.
I started building M&F on top of the kit business with a friend, who unfortunately fell ill, just as we were rolling it out. Didnt feel like going on without him under that moniker.

I have since then split my own work between

Kits and [email protected] Grinder
Hand crafted [email protected]

The MS76 has had a few, minor changes made, but they are nudges rather than redesigns/revisions.
All kits are sold as components kits or case kit. Here is a components kit done by gotz with his own casing.

Examples start at 5:20



Gustav

Last edited by Labs; 16th February 2019 at 02:25 PM..
Old 18th August 2019
  #4
Gear Maniac
 
grouphome's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Damn, those look good!
Thinking of buying one or 2 kits from you!
Old 19th August 2019 | Show parent
  #5
Village Idiot
 
Labs's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouphome ➑️
Damn, those look good!
Thinking of buying one or 2 kits from you!
Thanks!

If you get two kits, I can do a small discount of 10%

Just type TWOKITS in the check-out on the site

https://www.pcbgrinder.com

Gustav
Old 30th July 2020
  #6
Here for the gear
 
Fredrik J's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
I'm super interested. Looks awesome. Are there any reviews out there?
Old 30th July 2020 | Show parent
  #7
Village Idiot
 
Labs's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik J ➑️
I'm super interested. Looks awesome. Are there any reviews out there?
This thread is ancient at this point.

Instagram is a good source, I think - pcbgrinder tag.

There are videos of the PQ2, MS76, BAX and GssL on youtube (MS4K is being discontinued, just a few kits left, never really caught on, although I had thought, it would completely replace the myriad of SSL clones with its features and layout).

Gustav
Old 28th November 2020
  #8
Gear Head
 
blacky123's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Hi Gustav, I'm wondering about a few thing with the MS76, first it seem that the blend pot does not work at all, I disconnect the connector but it doesn't do anything, wondering if there is something wrong with my build. Everything seem to be working just fine. Is there a way to test it. I used a standard A 10K pot, Am I missing something here? so to resume the MIX knob dry/wet simply does not do anything, the wet is always full on, no dry signal at all, i try disconnect the blend wires but still does not do anything, does not make any sense.

Also the input and output know are always active right, even when the comp is out, which mean those knobs are part of the matrix which make sense
Old 28th November 2020 | Show parent
  #9
Village Idiot
 
Labs's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacky123 ➑️
Hi Gustav, I'm wondering about a few thing with the MS76, first it seem that the blend pot does not work at all, I disconnect the connector but it doesn't do anything, wondering if there is something wrong with my build. Everything seem to be working just fine. Is there a way to test it. I used a standard A 10K pot, Am I missing something here? so to resume the MIX knob dry/wet simply does not do anything, the wet is always full on, no dry signal at all, i try disconnect the blend wires but still does not do anything, does not make any sense.

Also the input and output know are always active right, even when the comp is out, which mean those knobs are part of the matrix which make sense
Hi Blacky.

I think you are missing the power to the relay switching in the blend circuit. It is bypassed when not active to keep the signal path as short and clean as possible.

Use a 10K pot with a switch, wire switch to carry 12V for the relay (marked on the board) when switched on.

..and feel free to use my e-mail for support on the builds (I saw this post by notification, and rarely check those).

[email protected]

Gustav
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 69 views: 70287
Avatar for LASTLAVGH
LASTLAVGH 22nd May 2020
replies: 128 views: 65043
Avatar for RogerFoote
RogerFoote 28th February 2021
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump