Quantcast
Slate Overloud TH-U Slate Edition - Amp Rig Captures In The Box & Much More - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Slate Overloud TH-U Slate Edition - Amp Rig Captures In The Box & Much More
Old 31st January 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shire ➡️
With every 3rd party vendor added to the growing list, doesn't that shrink the "everything bundles" profit margins?

I mean, won't you eventually have to raise the price of the "everything bundle" in the future to offset any more 3rd party developer products being added?

Even with a percentage split from the pie, eventually you're going to run out of pieces of pie, unless products are actually developed in house.

D16, LiquidSonics and Overloud, what's next and how much will it cost in the future?
Are you seriously complaining about the number of products added to the Everything Bundle and that the subscription price is too low??? Don't you have some Waves products that you should be making excuses for????
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate ➡️
Absolutely! It's already planned. Having said that, we have an OwnHammer 8x10 Ampeg cab IR and it sounds really great with several of the amps in TH-U Slate Edition!

Cheers,
Steven
Awesome !! Let me put in a request now for Ampeg SVT & B15& then maybe a GK 800rb!!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiobhb ➡️
Awesome !! Let me put in a request now for Ampeg SVT & B15& then maybe a GK 800rb!!
Yes! B15 is a must.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by STSQ ➡️
Are you seriously complaining about the number of products added to the Everything Bundle and that the subscription price is too low??? Don't you have some Waves products that you should be making excuses for????
Maybe it's given you a little whiff of reality, because you can't keep adding products from other developers and expect to keep the same profit margins on a subscription model.

Everything might seem like clear skies now, but 10 years from now and 10 more developers, there will be a huge difference in the revenue stream, which will result in the hiking of prices, like any other company does to offset the changes.

But, seeing as you are a pure fanboi that likes to troll Waves threads, none of this will make sense to you.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
As I said when we first made this announcement, the most game changing feature of Overloud TH-U is the R2M Rig 2 Model technology in the RIG PLAYER which for the first time ever, allows the reproduction of full amp rig profiles IN THE BOX.

Here's an example of it in action to demonstrate just how dead on it will sound to the real amp tone:

Cheers,
Steven
That's impressive.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
(nonsensical ramblings removed)

You do realize this isn't even an Everything Bundle thread right??? Take your ignorance and Waves shilling elsewhwere.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
You do realize this isn't even an Everything Bundle thread right??? Take your ignorance and Waves shilling elsewhwere.
You're the one that adds nothing important to any of the discussions, maybe it's time for you to move on.
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm pretty excited about trying out this new sim, I have used TH3 in the past. I feel the amp modeling capability will give me exactly what I want out of a sim.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. torture ➡️
I'm pretty excited about trying out this new sim, I have used TH3 in the past. I feel the amp modeling capability will give me exactly what I want out of a sim.
I'm not sure what the huge appeal is for repackaging already existing products with a shiny new GUI. I see it as a developer that can't develop everything in house and REQUIRES 3rd party support. Which tells me a lot about their programing and coding LIMITATIONS.

They have nailed modeling and copying other products to emulate them, but when it comes to developing something new, innovative and never been done before, they fall short.

Hard to stay confident in a company that can't even program their own reverb, delay or guitar sim. Some companies are just better at doing it all and don't have to survive on a subscription model.

The future looks rather bleak...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'm not sure what the huge appeal is for repackaging already existing products with a shiny new GUI. I see it as a developer that can't develop everything in house and REQUIRES 3rd party support. Which tells me a lot about their programing and coding LIMITATIONS.

They have nailed modeling and copying other products to emulate them, but when it comes to developing something new, innovative and never been done before, they fall short.

Hard to stay confident in a company that can't even program their own reverb, delay or guitar sim. Some companies are just better at doing it all and don't have to survive on a subscription model.

Bitter Eeyore rubbish. What have you done that makes you so high on the horse exactly? This is current gen entitled thinking that's somewhat tiresome. How about offering something positive? How about offering up a good idea?
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Yes, the future is bleak for any other company than Waves, right?? More useless nonsense from someone that can't even comprehend that Overloud TH-U isn't an "already existing product". Perhaps you should confine your Waves shilling to Waves threads.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

We make our own products at the company I work for (Non music or computer based stuff)

Sometimes we help other company's or partner with them to help develop cool new stuff to sell, that's just business man.

In the end, the customer get's a great product and that's all that matters, don't you agree?
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
But, it's going to be okay for subscribers, well sort of. They could always offer a "new" premium subscription that would include "premium" plugins that the basic "everything" bundle doesn't include, with a "premium" price of course. Which would allow them to keep their current model and add another stream of revenue. They wouldn't have to raise prices for veterans and they could still entice new customers with the "coop ventures". You can thank me later.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Rampant delusional speculation removed
and this is what you call contributing to a thread??????
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
But, it's going to be okay for subscribers, well sort of. They could always offer a "new" premium subscription that would include "premium" plugins that the basic "everything" bundle doesn't include, with a "premium" price of course. Which would allow them to keep their current model and add another stream of revenue. They wouldn't have to raise prices for veterans and they could still entice new customers with the "coop ventures". You can thank me later.
Cost of living goes up every year bud, know what else? My company gave me a raise in January. Now they say it's for me, but what I am really saving it for is to offset the price increase (If there is ever is one) for the Slate bundle.

Plus, there is a bit left over to help pay my gas bill, electric bill..Which by the way, are essentially a subscription too!
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
and this is what you call contributing to a thread??????
That's what you wrote, silly.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. torture ➡️
Cost of living goes up every year bud, know what else? My company gave me a raise in January. Now they say it's for me, but what I am really saving it for is to offset the price increase (If there is ever is one) for the Slate bundle.

Plus, there is a bit left over to help pay my gas bill, electric bill..Which by the way, are essentially a subscription too!
Let's just lay all the cards on the table and let the people decide.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Agreed
Gear Maniac

I can't wait for your insightful post about how gas will go up and you whine about how it's a better value now and how bleak it all is and how great life life would be if Waves ran the world..
Old 31st January 2019
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

🎧 10 years
Hey guys! I don't want to derail this thread because TH-U is so game changing that it deserves to remain as the focus! However, I'll address the recent tangent:

As Slate Digital adds more products, both developed in house and by top third party developers like Overloud, D16, and LiquidSonics, it adds significant value to our Everything Bundle and therefore it leads to increased sales. Therefore, there is no reason to believe that adding third party products would prompt an increase in price.. in fact, it's more likely the opposite!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 1st February 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
My thoughts exactly, Steven; glad to know my basic-math skills and common sense haven't abandoned me completely... yet.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Hey guys! I don't want to derail this thread because TH-U is so game changing that it deserves to remain as the focus! However, I'll address the recent tangent:

As Slate Digital adds more products, both developed in house and by top third party developers like Overloud, D16, and LiquidSonics, it adds significant value to our Everything Bundle and therefore it leads to increased sales. Therefore, there is no reason to believe that adding third party products would prompt an increase in price.. in fact, it's more likely the opposite!

Cheers,
Steven
We'll see if you're singing the same tune after you've exhausted all the potential subscription customer base, which is considered a niche market, in the bigger scheme of things. You are also betting the farm on the renewal rate. Let's see how that holds up after a decade worth of payments and a depreciating library of plugins.

I would say most of the people here are doing this as a hobby and aren't getting paid to uphold a monthly charge. Once the dreams of being a professional engineer fades away and the reality of how much time and work it actually takes to eventually get paid comes into focus. The percentage of renewal goes down, that's the facts.

How many emulations does one person need? When's enough, enough?

I guess the future will decide how many developers you can squeeze into the margin bubble, until it pops. Reminds me of the Propellerhead Rack Extensions fiasco, they had to go a completely different direction and finally allow VSTs, talk about drastic measures to save a company.
Gear Head
Quote:
We'll see if you're singing the same tune after you've exhausted all the potential subscription customer base, which is considered a niche market, in the bigger scheme of things. You are also betting the farm on the renewal rate. Let's see how that holds up after a decade worth of payments and a depreciating library of plugins.

I guess the future will decide how many developers you can squeeze into the margin bubble, until it pops. Reminds me of the Propellerhead Rack Extensions fiasco, they had to go a completely different direction and finally allow VSTs, talk about drastic measures to save a company.
Did he steal your lunch money in grade school or something? Let it go man.
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sir shire is a business genius. The best. We should listen to him and his huge business foresight. Huge. The best.

Looking forward to seeing this in the bundle soon!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

I would say most of the people here are doing this as a hobby and aren't getting paid to uphold a monthly charge. Once the dreams of being a professional engineer fades away and the reality of how much time and work it actually takes to eventually get paid comes into focus. The percentage of renewal goes down, that's the facts.

Did you just watch 'The Road' on repeat for the last 24hrs or something?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

Quote:

You need to just follow your advice to me earlier in this thread.
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Will this product at some point allow you to profile your own amps and setup like the kemper? I love the Kemper and that ability to profile what I want and when. If they are doing this but you have to send your stuff in, how long does it take to get your profile back or added? how do you know if they will accept it?
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm interested in just loading professional ready made profiles, as amp vst's are all I use.
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I'm interested in just loading professional ready made profiles, as amp vst's are all I use.
thats a good point as well, i dont like the stock TH3 sounds, I have TH3, so will the profiles people have made be available for everyone? and will there be a place to download them in, after hearing them and determingin if you like and want that one? if so where? thanks
Old 1st February 2019
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Hoping there will be a wide variety of OwnHammer IR's as well. I really like their mic mixes option (57+121 or 412+121, for example) that are available in their libraries; use those as a default, and they pair nicely with TH3 amps which I'm demoing right now to be ready for TH-U. But Rig Player is the most intriguing feature so far for sure. Wishing for multi-channel EVH 5150 III and Carvin Legacy amp/speaker profiles!
📝 Reply