The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Overloud announces TH-U
Old 24th January 2019

🎧 10 years
Overloud announces TH-U

Overloud announces TH-U, the evolution of the multi-awarded TH3 guitar amp simulation plugin.
The product will be released on February.
Customers who purchased TH3 Full between Jan 7th and the day of TH-U release (Feb 12th) are eligible for a free upgrade to TH-U Full.

What’s New
In addition to the models available in TH3, TH-U includes:
  • 15 new amplifiers, including the Superlead and Superbass models, Polytone jazz amplifiers and DVmark Triple 6 head
  • 14 new cabinets
  • Rig Player, reproduces rig models captured from real rigs with the R2M (Rig To Model) technology
  • Amp Tweaks, mod amplifiers by customizing pre and power tubes
  • A Shimmer Reverb and a Shimmer Delay
  • An improved and redesigned Cabinet IR module
  • A new multitrack looper
  • Search function on the preset banks

Rig Player
TH-U is able to load rig models created from real setups.
The Overloud proprietary technology allows our engineers to sample and capture the response of an entire rig, including the nonlinear and dynamic response of the amplifier, the cabinet, the microphones, the mic preamplifier and the room sound. The Rig Player, integrated into TH-U, allows you to reproduce any nuance of the sampled rigs.
Overloud is currently sampling artist rigs and will release expansion libraries of them later.

Amp Tweaks
Thanks to its innovative dsp technology, TH-U features a new panel which allows to change the pre and power tubes models, as well as to simulate the action of a variac. This allows to mod any amplifier model with an almost limitless combination of tubes and opens the product to new sound capabilities.

Learn more at overloud.com/thu

Last edited by overloud; 11th March 2019 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: Specified the grace period for free upgrades
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
So is Rig Player a bit like the Kemper? Does it sound as accurate as Kemper and does it play as well? If it does then that would be fantastic.

Last edited by Diogo C; 1st March 2019 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: No need to quote the entire OP. Thanks.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I have not found a list of what the new amps are. Maybe soon?
Old 24th January 2019

🎧 5 years
Well, the Rig To Model feature looks promising. Looking forward to see some reviews.

However, I never could get around TH3's interface, specially the preset system. I hope to see some improvement in this area.
Old 24th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMorgan ➡️
Well, the Rig To Model feature looks promising. Looking forward to see some reviews.

However, I never could get around TH3's interface, specially the preset system. I hope to see some improvement in this area.
I have tried TH3 a couple of times and didn't like it, But I love the Kemper so a Kemper in software would be a winner for sure, but is it able to match the Kemper? I somehow doubt it but would love to be wrong.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wait, are we the user not able to use the R2M tech? It says Overloud engineers, and then shows a clip of a Kemper-esque profiling.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam guaiana ➡️
Wait, are we the user not able to use the R2M tech? It says Overloud engineers, and then shows a clip of a Kemper-esque profiling.
Also the Slate release video is less subtle about it, basically saying that Overloud engineers can reproduce already made Kemper profiles. THIS to me is the game changer, but if a decoder/ability to read KPAs isn't a feature right out of the bag, then it's really nothing yet...
Gear Head
Quote:
Also the Slate release video is less subtle about it, basically saying that Overloud engineers can reproduce already made Kemper profiles. THIS to me is the game changer, but if a decoder/ability to read KPAs isn't a feature right out of the bag, then it's really nothing yet...
When has Steven Slate been subtle about anything lol? I really like TH3 soundwise, but I agree the interface is not the best. Regardless I'm looking forward to the release.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
If this is indeed a feature, it's an instant buy for me. Holy f*ck.

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Is that even legal? If so there are a ton of profiles available uploaded for free by the Kemper community, but I have my doubts. It's not mentioned in the product description in Overlouds or Slates announcements. Even if it can't load Kemper files I'd be happy with the same tech. on this. If it's just as good there will eventually be a community for this and Slates version.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln ➡️
Is that even legal? If so there are a ton of profiles available uploaded for free by the Kemper community, but I have my doubts. It's not mentioned in the product description in Overlouds or Slates announcements. Even if it can't load Kemper files I'd be happy with the same tech. on this. If it's just as good there will eventually be a community for this and Slates version.
It’s strange. I’ve never seen something so unsubtly admitted, yet completely ambiguous at the same time!

Does it load .KIPRs? Does it convert them? Do the Overloud Overlord Engineers (TM) have all the power in the situation? Do they reprofile the profile? Do they just convert it? Will this product ever actually come out? I literally have no clue what’s going on here.
Old 25th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'm not a lawyer but Kemper ripped off the sound profiles of real guitar amps/cabinets. So I say, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

🎧 15 years
Quote:
It’s strange. I’ve never seen something so unsubtly admitted, yet completely ambiguous at the same time!

Does it load .KIPRs? Does it convert them? Do the Overloud Overlord Engineers (TM) have all the power in the situation? Do they reprofile the profile? Do they just convert it? Will this product ever actually come out? I literally have no clue what’s going on here.
Steve cleared that up pretty much in the other thread. He wouldn't mention Kemper but he basically said it's a similar technology which is what I thought. Kemper profiles are propriety. That would be like some company coming out with a convolution reverb and implying they could load Altiverb or Waves IR's. The company most likely would be sued.
As long as Overloud's tech. is a good or even close I find this exciting with good things to come. And I'd rather buy this version than rent Slates for the record.

🎧 15 years
Quote:
This is the biggest question for me. Apart from buying models of rigs owned by known artists I would certainly like to profile my own own rigs and load them into the plugin and maybe share them with other users. That's one of the things that make the Kemper user base so strong apart from other reasons. Without that ability I'm afraid I'll pass.
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'd really like to know how they convert the kemper profile into RM2 profiles.

Do they resample the profiles with their propriatary systme or do they convert it directly, as in opening the kemper's profiles files in their software and exporting into their format?? Cause that's really not the same thing and the quality of the Kemper may not be preserved at all....

I'm really really curious to have the final word on this and not some speech to avoid answering THE real question here...
Old 27th January 2019 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Artsy Moods ➡️
I'd really like to know how they convert the kemper profile into RM2 profiles.

Do they resample the profiles with their propriatary systme or do they convert it directly, as in opening the kemper's profiles files in their software and exporting into their format?? Cause that's really not the same thing and the quality of the Kemper may not be preserved at all....

I'm really really curious to have the final word on this and not some speech to avoid answering THE real question here...
Of course, but it was brought up several times in the Slate thread and he just ignores those questions and keeps promoting the library or new additions to the library for sale. And Overloud isn't saying anything. My own feeling is that it was an implied sales pitch to sell as many copies as possible before it turns out that it isn't true. And to add further to the mystery is that you can't even load your own files into the plugin of your own amps using Overlouds/Slates plugin. You have to send it to them. Suspicion abounds to say the least.

Last edited by Alndln; 30th January 2019 at 09:39 AM..
Old 27th January 2019
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

🎧 10 years
Hi guys. I don’t think it’s fair to expect Overloud to reveal confidential information about their processes. What’s important is this: The Profiles sound the same in Rig Player as they would in the hardware. This plugin will offer you incredible guitar tones. If you are at NAMM, I urge you to come to booth 15902 and try it out for yourself. Even the most skeptical guitarists have been absolutely floored by what they are hearing. I really applaud the Overloud team, they have created something amazing!

Cheers,
Steven

Last edited by Steven Slate; 27th January 2019 at 10:14 AM..
Old 27th January 2019
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
An interesting development.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Of course, but it was brought up several times in the Slate thread and he just ignores those questions and keeps promoting the library or new additions to the library for sale. And Overloud isn't saying anything. My own feeling is that it was an implied sales pitch to sell as many copies as possible before it turns out that it isn't true. And too add further to the mystery is that you can't even load your own files into the plugin of your own amps using Overlouds/Slates plugin. You have to send it to them. Suspicion abounds to say the least.
Their promo video actually shows their proprietary profiling process in action on their laptop so I think it’s pretty clear that they are just profiling amps and Kemper profiles alike. It looks like it will be the same result as the Kemper but they will be doing the profiling and selling the profiles rather than users doing it on their own hardware unit.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate ➡️
The Profiles sound the same in Rig Player as they would in the hardware.

Cheers,
Steven
If this be the case then, WOW, The said hardware is capable of sounding stunning and indistinguishable from the real thing, to have that in the daw would be fantastic and game changing, the only criticism I have of that box is finding the right Profiles to suit your needs and tastes can be difficult and time consuming, you may need to go through a lot of profiles before you get to your sound, so I hope there is going to be a large library with the Rig Player.
Old 28th January 2019
Here for the gear

Stumbled on this thread because I just saw the news of this release and had a lot of the same questions posed here. TH3 is my Amp sim of choice. I've tried just about every other one on the market, and while there are a couple others I think are great - TH3's bang for the buck is hard to beat and it sounds great. I wish the interface didn't try to simulate an physical amp setup (I preferred the Helix Native interface even if I didn't care of its tone) but in the end, it sounds great and that's why I've stuck with it.

So many questions about this release, especially surrounding the profiling. I really hope that non-Overloud engineers will be able to create profiles (like the kemper). You'll get varying degrees of quality, but I'd rather have more options than be limited by what overloud can produce (unless they go crazy making tons of extra content). The idea that a user could have some sort of conversion process for existing Kemper profiles hadn't even crossed my mind. If that's a thing, man - huge game changer. There are obviously a ton of great kemper profiles out there, so being able to use them and retain their quality - wow.

Hoping the shimmer reverb is good so I don't have to load a separate VST. More amps and cabs is great. The Amp Tweak thing might be neat, but also too deep of a rabbit hole for me. All in all, as long as the upgrade price isn't insane - I'm in on this. I already use it so more features is great.

My biggest hope is that this attracts more users that will start sharing tips, tricks and presets. I think TH3 is underrated as a sim and would love to see more people pushing it's capabilities. Spend some more $$ on marketing Overloud - you've got a great product, more people should know about it.
Old 28th January 2019 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixolyd ➡️
Their promo video actually shows their proprietary profiling process in action on their laptop so I think it’s pretty clear that they are just profiling amps and Kemper profiles alike. It looks like it will be the same result as the Kemper but they will be doing the profiling and selling the profiles rather than users doing it on their own hardware unit.
That's my feeling as well but I'm not so sure the quality will be the same. Although I'm disappointed that I cant profile and load in my own rigs I might still be interested if it sounds that much better than the current guitar VI's out there as I do use guitar emulation software (S-Gear, Bias etc.) late at night in my little home studio. I also use 2 Notes Captor which lets me record straight out of my tube guitar heads so overloud's product has a lot of competition for my wallet.

A far as loading Kemper files directly I personally don't care about that all that much one way or the other. As long as Overlouds tech. is competitive there's bound to be a large library and user base anyway.
Old 28th January 2019
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

🎧 10 years
Hi Alndln. To confirm, I have heard firsthand and the quality is the same. We will be releasing more videos this week demonstrating this exact fact.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 28th January 2019 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate ➡️
Hi Alndln. To confirm, I have heard firsthand and the quality is the same. We will be releasing more videos this week demonstrating this exact fact.

Cheers,
Steven
Very good.
Old 29th January 2019
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Please Overloud update Markstudio
Old 29th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
Please Overloud update Markstudio
+1

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB1965 ➡️
When has Steven Slate been subtle about anything lol?
Also, when has Slate ever completely ripped off someone else, never gave them credit, and just changed the name to FG-(something) ?? Lol.

Example: SSL ...became FG-S, and then he doesn't owe Solid State Logic a thing. It's pretty damn weasel-y, even though lots of other companies do the same thing.
Old 29th January 2019
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
What has Steven Slate got to do with this product?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by morelia ➡️
What has Steven Slate got to do with this product?
It's part of his Everything bundle now.
Old 29th January 2019
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Am i the only one super happy to see Slate and Overoud getting closer ? Overloud smell's passion and have a taste of esthetic in sounds that i'm in phase with , and Knowing Slate passion and dedication they couldn't not be in phase !!

Like it or not (Slate marketing style) , he delivers alwayz top quality stuff, and when he decides to stick with a brand , it's until now spot on ,sound and quality wise ....

(D16 rocks , so does Liquidsonics )
📝 Reply