The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stam Audio Stamchild SA-670
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthesparky ➡️
Well honestly I'm really happy that you're all happy, and are seemingly more worthy of receiving your Stamchilds, before the likes of myself, even though the majority of you ordered after me. I been loyal since the early days when Stam was a fledgling company? Can't help but think, what have I done wrong?

Everything I've ordered in the past has eventually arrived, apart from the LA-3A I pre-ordered, which was discontinued after the batch was completely sold.

Stam apologised and kindly re-allocated my deposit to other items that I also ordered and eventually received.

Just hoping the same thing doesn't happen with the Stamchild. Josh mentioned a Mark II, but that could be years away, and I'm not getting any younger. I mean come on, it's nearly 3 years! There's definitely an "in" crowd getting theirs sooner.
Paul I can assure you that I am just a regular guy. No special favor at all.
I just look at my email, and I first made the deposit in Early July of 2018. Received at the end of February this year.
So what was your deposit date?
You will get yours.
Sincerely.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan le ➡️
Paul I can assure you that I am just a regular guy. No special favor at all.
I just look at my email, and I first made the deposit in Early July of 2018. Received at the end of February this year.
So what was your deposit date?
You will get yours.
Sincerely.
My deposit was before you, mid June 2018, which means I was well and truly part of the first 100 pre-orders. I believe there's nearly 200 out there already in existence. I'm sure the majority of current owner's didn't order before me.

I ordered a Mastering version same as yourself. Paid the extra deposits to more than cover the cost in components. Just waiting for the final invoice for $1500 plus shipping.

Every email, I've re-iterated I don't want Josh to lose a cent, due to him giving the generous discount, so I'm more than happy to help him out financially. Was told it wasn't an issue.

I totally understand Chile has a Covid epidemic, which slows production. I currently have a mild dose myself, and don't wish it on anybody.

Still, I wait in nervous and anxious antici......................................................................pation.

Last edited by paulthesparky; 2 weeks ago at 01:44 AM..
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate ➡️
Quick, someone go back in time and tell Gates they screwed up.
i loved this post- and its totally a post i would have made !!!!!
Lives for gear
Quote:
Every email, I've re-iterated I don't want Josh to lose a cent, due to him giving the generous discount, so I'm more than happy to help him out financially. Was told it wasn't an issue.

I totally understand Chile has a Covid epidemic, which slows production. I currently have a mild dose myself, and don't wish it on anybody.
Maybe you're just too nice to him?
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyjanopan ➡️
Maybe you're just too nice to him?
You are right, he does need a bit of 'what for' now and again. But I do love the gear, and still love the company product line. I have a bunch of Chilean friends here in Oz. Great people who I have time for.

I was getting panicky, because I thought there were only 200 getting built, and serial#198 is already in the hands of a customer. That, plus the Stamchild MKI will be dis-continued soon. Also other people who ordered a month after me, received theirs 2 months ago. What the?

Received an email from Andreina to say parts are definitely available, but Stam employee's are forced to work from home, because of lockdown, so it's a waiting game, which I completely understand.

She said she can send an invoice, but it might be a month wait before shipping. Sori, who doesn't work there anymore, said the same thing 2 months ago, and I didn't hear back? It's an emotional roller coaster, to say the least.
Lives for gear
Quote:
You are right, he does need a bit of 'what for' now and again. But I do love the gear, and still love the company product line. I have a bunch of Chilean friends here in Oz. Great people who I have time for.

I was getting panicky, because I thought there were only 200 getting built, and serial#198 is already in the hands of a customer. That, plus the Stamchild MKI will be dis-continued soon. Also other people who ordered a month after me, received theirs 2 months ago. What the?

Received an email from Andreina to say parts are definitely available, but Stam employee's are forced to work from home, because of lockdown, so it's a waiting game, which I completely understand.

She said she can send an invoice, but it might be a month wait before shipping. Sori, who doesn't work there anymore, said the same thing 2 months ago, and I didn't hear back? It's an emotional roller coaster, to say the least.
Sorry to hear that, but constant excuses are the DNA of this company and lockdown is just yet another one. I had few of their stuff, most recently U87 clone (second hand), it was very good sounding, but years ago after failed preorder I decided to never do that again, only to buy second hand or from distributor if he has the item in stock. Otherwise it's just not worth the emotional cost and posts like yours just prove it again and again. Good luck though, hope you get it soon
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyjanopan ➡️
Sorry to hear that, but constant excuses are the DNA of this company and lockdown is just yet another one. I had few of their stuff, most recently U87 clone (second hand), it was very good sounding, but years ago after failed preorder I decided to never do that again, only to buy second hand or from distributor if he has the item in stock. Otherwise it's just not worth the emotional cost and posts like yours just prove it again and again. Good luck though, hope you get it soon
Look, I hear what you're saying about the pre-order system can be a 'sucker punch', if the gear doesn't show up. You're basically an interest free bank loan for 2+ years. They've handed out all the stock out to the 'in' crowd, and your the last man standing, before you find out it's a dis-continued item. Your deposit gets refunded, or changed to something else which will hopefully show up for real. Only happened once with myself, 4 years ago, and received everything else fine since. A company with growing pains, but the all the Mark II model's sound sensational, and I'm impressed with the way the products have taken shape. From now on, Stam's in a great established position, and can only get better/ more popular.

Instead, Stam could maybe do what Audioscape Engineering is doing and announce via email, what is already built/completed and available weekly. Then interested parties, can place their order's online, from a certain designated weekly time, so it's first in, best dressed. Fair for all.

Chile is just coming off it's worst second wave, which peaked at 9000 cases/ day as of 3 weeks ago. Slow down in production due to Covid-19, is a valid excuse, and it's happening worldwide in all industries.

Having had a mild dose of it myself for the last 2 weeks, I'll be happy when we can all get back to normality when this second wave dies out with the vaccinations taking effect. But, if this s**t mutates, like the Spanish Flu did, we could all be in some serious trouble globally, affecting all age groups.
📝 Reply