Lives for gear

give the eq another chance, it seems like a marvel to me
Old 31st July 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by denork ➡️
give the eq another chance, it seems like a marvel to me
Yeah, love both the EQ and Comp on Bass. EQ in MS on Mixbuss too.
Old 8th August 2018
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
As Siemens pre/TAB U273a comp/Siemens 295a - til-i-die user and fan.. deeply impressed by Water. EQ has BIG energy and character, the preamp options sound very tasty... and the compressor-limiter which is what i could most 'directly' compare to my hw really has that velvety 3D 'tubelike' mojo - simply gorgeous sound.

The TAB comp, while with good gainstaging can do a mojo and snap on a track just like that that made me think 'eat your heart out SSL' the first time i tried it for mixing, for tracking can easily suck you in if playing a little louder than anticipated etc. - so the much added flexibility with Water is highly appreciated!

The SHMD works magic... between 3 and 4 (and release on 1 or 1.5) you might as well call it Cream

And as musician not mixer nor prone to much tweaking i find that within a minute i can dial in stuff so beautifully sounding and alive i would be real sad to take it off again.

A studio owner friend has two of the tube comps (U93?) on the masterbuss and i'll send him the link saying this is as close to those babies as you'll ever get.

Can't believe there are some plugins by now i can sincerely rave about...
Many thanks and congratulations Acustica!
Old 21st August 2018
Deleted e71ab78
Just purchased Water having demoed it for a while. I can't believe how good it is, preamps, eq and compressor, all are just insanely high quality. I'm surprised there's not more of a buzz about it, I'm guessing because it's kind of a smaller bundle than cream or the other recent offerings in the sense of options.... not that it matters.... this is the best buss compressor I own now, it's kind of mad how much it does for a song sitting on the buss. The HPF is gorgeous as well, it adds such a nice rounded low end. Bit too heavy for me to mix into it unless I render tracks first but I've been making some settings that work, turning it off and just checking with it on periodically when on whilst making, or I just wait till the end and run a stereo mix thru it gently. Either way it is doing some serious work for my tracks. I've started using the clipper as the final stage of my output last few songs and it seems to be doing a very nice job used judiciously.

Pretty blown away to be honest, massive thanks to Acoustica for putting this out and at a very affordable price for what you get!
Old 4th December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Something is weird with compressor HP SC filter. On 2BUS, with no HP filter compressor almost does not pump. Using SC HP 150Hz, it pumps like crazy with the same GR
Old 9th December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook ➡️
Something is weird with compressor HP SC filter. On 2BUS, with no HP filter compressor almost does not pump. Using SC HP 150Hz, it pumps like crazy with the same GR
Haven't experienced that.
Old 27th December 2019 | Show parent
Gear Head

Lemon Water. Mmm mmm good!

That's the summary of my Christmas.

Thanks AA for the holiday deals!

My first two AA plugs.

Y'all should try Lemon.
Y'all should try Water.

Sweet!!!!
Old 28th December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Still hoping for that duplicated mid EQ band. Or, better yet, and add’l low mid band that goes deeper into the low end.

Pretty please.
Old 11th May 2020 | Show parent
Deleted e680ec2
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip ➡️
Nah, we've had Cream, now Water, last in the trilogy is surely Coffee?
Woah you called it haha
Old 5th December 2020
Here for the gear

I bought the "dante trilogy" this black Friday aka Cream, Water and Viridian. Superb.
I have to agree that Water and Viridan are imo two of the best ITB compressors.
Water comp has so much balls its insane, so much character.

You havent really heard the term "glue" until you use this, I glues like a motha, it grooves, it bounces in a natural way, it punches and de-digitizes the sound like nothing else.
You can compress a lot more while not destroying the mix, it doesnt go against the mix it works with it.
Congrats to the AA team, you guys are unbelievable!
Old 10th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thal Dravv ➡️
I bought the "dante trilogy" this black Friday aka Cream, Water and Viridian. Superb.
I have to agree that Water and Viridan are imo two of the best ITB compressors.
Water comp has so much balls its insane, so much character.

You havent really heard the term "glue" until you use this, I glues like a motha, it grooves, it bounces in a natural way, it punches and de-digitizes the sound like nothing else.
You can compress a lot more while not destroying the mix, it doesnt go against the mix it works with it.
Congrats to the AA team, you guys are unbelievable!
I love Water and would use it more if AA would ever add a low-mid band to fill in the missing gap in the EQ. Very good compressor on the right source.
Old 10th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by robshrock ➡️
I love Water and would use it more if AA would ever add a low-mid band to fill in the missing gap in the EQ. Very good compressor on the right source.
What source(s) do you find the Water comp works best on??
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Water EQ and the HP filter. Does hardware respond the same, when you select 30hz HP filter, it boosts almost 5db at 40hz and then quite sharply goes down?
The bump is sharp on 30 and 40hz and then gets smaller till you hit 300hz where the bump disappears.
I like the effect though because it makes it a very unique EQ.
📝 Reply