The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DSP-Quattro V5
Old 2nd March 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hi Stefano

It seems we both have similar ideas regarding working methods. Perhaps a step by step tutorial might be a good idea in the future when Quattro 5 has had time to evolve.

I like your idea to save a ‘.pls’ file which would speed up the workflow, save disc space and provide the flexibility of an ‘open’ work environment. The option to create an archive version as a ’ .dspqproject’ file is also an excellent idea.

I understand you comments about 96k 24b files. Record companies in America now send me analogue tape transfers in 192k 24b resolution. Interestingly, the bit depth for analogue tape masters is less than 12 bits (72dB dynamic range). It’s no coincidence that Sony & Philips chose 44.1k 16b for CD…. but let’s not get started on that !!!!

A quick note to SongShark - thank you for your comments, I think all is covered by the correspondence between Stefano and I.
Old 2nd March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hey Stefano -- did you ever look into why Slate's free Fresh Air plugin doesn't show up in DSP Quattro?

(And, Edital, you're welcome. Sounds like your issues will get sorted.)
Old 4th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Have a couple of pretty annoying errors here, perhaps someone could help me out.

I often just want to do a minor edit on a file, and resave over the original using EXPORT REPLACING SOURCE AUDIO FILE
I get the 2nd attached error.

When I then tried to EXPORT AUDIO FILE AS .WAV I get the 1st attached error.

The EXPORT REPLACING SOURCE AUDIO FILE also corrupted my original file - luckily I could just bounce it again.

Not sure what is up here, but I am trying to do the MOST BASIC of things in audio editing quickly, and DSP Quattro is killing me in V5 - V4 for just worked for doing quick edits, and now their are errors left and right.

Am I missing something here?
Attached Thumbnails
DSP-Quattro V5-screen-shot-2021-03-04-4.16.33-pm.png   DSP-Quattro V5-screen-shot-2021-03-04-4.19.49-pm.png  
Old 5th March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe ➡️
Have a couple of pretty annoying errors here, perhaps someone could help me out.
Hi Hardtoe,

thank you for using DSP-Quattro.

Please contact me at [email protected], please describing your configuration, into the new version under test we had already fixed a potential problem which could be cause for the problem you had.

Thank you for your patience,
Stefano Daino
https://www.dsp-quattro.com
📝 Reply