Quantcast
Fuse Audio Labs TCS-68 Tape Channel - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fuse Audio Labs TCS-68 Tape Channel
Old 26th March 2018
Software Fuse Audio Labs TCS-68 Tape Channel

Copping this tonight. Super keen on testing this bad boy out!

Fuse Audio Labs | Audio Plugins | Mobile Audio Apps

ABOUT THE TCS-68
The TCS-68 was made to pay homage to one of the most iconic cassette tape based 8-track recorders introduced in 1990, a little while before digital multitrack recording solutions forced their way through into the consumer market.

The original unit comprised a powerful 10-channel mixer that included a simple 3-band EQ, mic and line inputs as well as insert loops for each channel, an 8-track recorder with an advanced noise reduction system and a clearly arranged meter bridge. Given that it used compact cassettes as a recording medium it's obvious that it was far from high fidelity sounding and thus aimed at semiprofessional users and smaller studios.

The goal when creating the TCS-68 was to do justice to the original sound. So the preamp, the tape system and the EQ have been faithfully recreated.

Available in VST, VST3, AAX Native, AudioUnits for Mac OS and Windows in 32 and 64 bits.
Old 26th March 2018
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years

Total:
USD 29.00
includes 0% sales tax/VAT to USD 29.00: USD 0.00

Delivery: License key

Platform:
Mac OS X, Windows 7 x32, Windows 7 x64, Windows 8, Windows 8 x32, Windows 8 x64, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10

Version: 1.0
Language: English, 1

General requirements:
To run our plugins you need at least
An Intel Pentium 4 compatible CPU
1GB RAM
Mac OS 10.8 or newer (Mac users)
Windows 7 or newer (PC users)
A display resolution of 1280x1024 pixels or more
A VST2, VST3, AAX or AudioUnits compatible host
Old 26th March 2018
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I fell in love with the tone of one of the guitar track samples of UAD's new Helios plug which I was not able to recreate with the Waves HLS or any other plugin. I was able to dial in nearly the exact sound with the demo of TCS-68 in a couple of minutes. Instantly purchased. Love everything about it. Keep up the incredible work, Ray. You're killin' it!

Edit: I mean I know this thing isn't a duplicate for a Helios channel or anything. I'm just saying that it gave me a really great sound with very little work, not to mention the tape sound and all that.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

So it's an old Tascam channel? Does it have tape too? Man, my recordings are about to come full circle
Old 26th March 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

21 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyBCN ➡️
So it's an old Tascam channel? Does it have tape too? Man, my recordings are about to come full circle
Preamp, tape, and eq were all modeled per the first post.
Old 26th March 2018
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
There once was a time where we used to use the TASCAM 688.
Old 27th March 2018
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Interesting! Will demo soon.

Looking at the picture it's like all the knobs are off-center.
Old 27th March 2018
Deleted e71ab78
I will pick this up later without a doubt, just based off of how much I'm into VCL-4 and that I trust in these Fuse Audio Labs plugins.

I'm living abroad for the foreseeable and don't have access to outboard things here nor can I stock up due to space and wanting to travel light. I've wanted a TASCAM deck for a long while now so to get a bit of that on my laptop is just great.

Look forward to trying it and cheers Fuse Audio/Ray
Old 27th March 2018
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Wow. Wonderful little plugin. The anti-aliasing is brilliantly done, superior to almost anything else out there, I only wish the same oversampling/filtering would be added as an option to the already excellent VCL4.
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Glad you guys like it, I did too. This was supposed to go live tomorrow, I guess Ray will make an official thread and anouncement.
Old 27th March 2018 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesha ➡️
Glad you guys like it, I did too. This was supposed to go live tomorrow, I guess Ray will make an official thread and anouncement.
Oops, I didn't realize! Saw the e-mail in my inbox this morning and was rather elated, hence the topic
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesOnFlames ➡️
Oops, I didn't realize! Saw the e-mail in my inbox this morning and was rather elated, hence the topic
Well, you are in Australia so it's a new day for you already
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'll demo this. A bit skeptical as no tape it has saturation like tape booster from nebula. But their plugins are great so I'm sure they did a great job.
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
NO worries @ JamesOnFlames

Isn't nice to be the first to wake up before everybody? hahahahaha

This little plugin is a little gem folks! You'l understand why when you'll try it. And you might find yourself using more than expected.

Congrats to @ fuse AudioLbas for another amazing tool & unique

What a great time to be alive to do what we do: music

Peace
Fuse Audio Labs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeep ➡️
Interesting! Will demo soon.

Looking at the picture it's like all the knobs are off-center.
The outer marks don't line up with the knobs' extreme positions. It's like that on the original unit, too.
Old 27th March 2018
Fuse Audio Labs

Software Fuse Audio Labs presents the TCS-68 Cassette Tape Channel Plugin

Fuse Audio Labs presents the TCS-68 Cassette Tape Channel Plugin

Available for Mac OS and Windows in AAX, AU, VST2.4 and VST3 in 32 and 64 bits.

ON SALE FOR $29 USD UNTIL APRIL 24TH! (REGULAR $59 USD)

ABOUT THE TCS-68

The TCS-68 was made to pay homage to one of the most iconic cassette tape based 8-track recorders introduced in 1990, shortly before digital multitrack recording solutions forced their way through into the consumer market.

The original unit comprised a powerful 10-channel mixer that included a simple 3-band EQ, mic and line inputs as well as insert loops for each channel, an 8-track recorder with an advanced noise reduction system and a clearly arranged meter bridge. Given that it used compact cassettes as a recording medium it's obvious that it was far from high fidelity sounding and thus aimed at semiprofessional users and smaller studios.

The goal when creating the TCS-68 was to do justice to the original sound. So the preamp, the tape system and the EQ have been faithfully recreated.

Download your fully functional 14-day trial here

TRIALS AND PLUGIN ACTIVATION

You can test our plugins without any restrictions for 14 days. Simply click the "Activate Trial" button in the plug-in GUI after the installation to start your trial period. To activate your full license you can purchase a product activation key on our website. The activation key will be sent to you by email once the payment process has been completed, successfully. Click "Activate plug-in..." in the plug-in GUI or the drop down menu below, enter your email and product activation key and hit the "Activate" button to proceed.

VIDEO REVIEW

Check a video review of the TCS-68 over at Machine City Audio's Youtube channel.

FAQS AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT

An overview of Frequently Asked Questions can be found under the following link on our website

FAQ

Our tech support can be reached via the following link

Support Form

Best,
Ray | Fuse Audio Labs

Last edited by fuseaudiolabs; 27th March 2018 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Adding MCA video review
Gear Maniac

Really like the demo so far! Just as an idea, it would be cool if there was an option to adjust the noise level by ourselves instead of just on/off (could be a little bit louder to me, LOL)
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar ➡️
This little plugin is a little gem folks! You'l understand why when you'll try it. And you might find yourself using more than expected.
Can u elaborate on that a little ?
Old 27th March 2018
Deleted e71ab78
Wow fuse audio!

Gives a lovely sounding crunchiness/tape compressiony sound. I just had some instances pushing the pre and tape on a few percs, synth bass and a pad and on the buss pushing just the tape and am blown away.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Peace
Well spoken, man!
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great sounding plugin, I've been expecting something like this for a while now, always miss this grainy sweepable midrange itb, great work. Would like it even more if it had 244's layout/colour scheme vs the ubiquitous Darth Vader's 688 layout, though, but great tool indeed.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuseaudiolabs ➡️
The outer marks don't line up with the knobs' extreme positions. It's like that on the original unit, too.
I think he is talking about the 3D perspective.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesha ➡️
I think he is talking about the 3D perspective.
I guess he is. People here have repeatedly (over and over again, and again, and again..) demonstrated their preference for orthographic 3D perspective, without any distortions or weird angles caused by the false perspective effect.

The perspective on this one is not really exaggerated, but still can be annoying for some.

My suggestion is to render the GUI again using the orthographic projection option, or whatever it's called on your 3D software.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:

Peace
I woke up and made an instant thread about this in the Electronic forum last night, as soon as I had tried it.

This thing is a beauty indeed. Physical and palpable and quickly effective. Can't wait to hear more Fuse plugs.

Ray.....any chance of doing what you did here to an MCI channel strip?? Pretty please??
Fuse Audio Labs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMorgan ➡️
I guess he is. People here have repeatedly (over and over gain, and again, and again..) demonstrated their preference for orthographic 3D perspective, without any distortions or weird angles caused by the false perspective effect.

The perspective on this one is not really exaggerated, but still can be annoying for some.

My suggestion is to render the GUI again using the orthographic projection option, or whatever it's called on your 3D software.
This is rendered with a 200 mm focal length so the perspective on this one is very subtle and not more extreme than in the VCL-4 or Bucket-500 UIs. But I'll surely asses you guys' feedback on that topic and further improve / change to parallel projection in future products if applicable.

Best,
Ray | Fuse Audio Labs
Deleted e71ab78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 ➡️
I woke up and made an instant thread about this in the Electronic forum last night, as soon as I had tried it.

This thing is a beauty indeed. Physical and palpable and quickly effective. Can't wait to hear more Fuse plugs.

Ray.....any chance of doing what you did here to an MCI channel strip?? Pretty please??
Yeah I can't wait to hear more either. I would love my set up to be all fuse audio labs stuff itb. Right at the top for me, interesting and sound amazing + very fair prices.
Old 27th March 2018
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I found out that it works great as a clipper on the drum bus.
Also it sound cool on single drums, here is a quick example of how it can transform the snare.
awesome Fuse Audio Labs!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detch ➡️
I found out that it works great as a clipper on the drum bus.
Also it sound cool on single drums, here is a quick example of how it can transform the snare.
awesome Fuse Audio Labs!
That does it! Bought
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It plays REALLY nice with other tape plugins...
Old 27th March 2018
Got to check this out a little last night - oh boy, we are spoiled in today's age of plugins. Very keen on playing around with this and some tape sims, similar to what A Tan has mentioned! UAD Studer/Ampex and the BRA magnetite plugs should yield some fun results I think!

Ray is just knocking **** out of the park. Fuse plugs are an insta-buy for me. Can't wait to see what they're working on in the BRA space.
📝 Reply