Quantcast
MAAT releases next generation DRMeter MkII plugin for Loudness metering - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MAAT releases next generation DRMeter MkII plugin for Loudness metering
Old 21st February 2018
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Software MAAT releases next generation DRMeter MkII plugin for Loudness metering

Hey folks,

Quick note that MAAT Inc. announced the release of DRMeter MkII, a cross platform plug–in for the measurement and monitoring of audio Loudness and dynamics. The plug–in premiers several new features for the Loudness metering marketplace, and is the first loudness measurement tool specifically designed for music creation as well as broadcast production and post.

Current DRM owners, give a shout as we’ve got you covered. More info at: MAAT DRMeter MkII

OMas

Last edited by omasciarotte; 21st February 2018 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: revision
Old 22nd February 2018
Lives for gear

79 upgrade price for this kind of metering plugin. Id skip.
Old 22nd February 2018 | Show parent
Deleted f4d7f22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojhmusic ➡️
Yeah, me too. But I would pay $79 to get rid of CodeMeter.
Old 22nd February 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
.. yeah? I wouldn't be so sure. Read this page, especially the bizarre "Why copy protection is important for you" paragraph.

Copy Protection

.. also read this: MAAT DR Meter - copy protection is terrible (Topic in the 'Effects' forum) | KVR Audio Forum

I have a sneaking suspicion this company is DOA due to being completely out of touch with current trends, or "reality" as most of us would put it. We'll see.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:

Upgrade price of $ 79.- ?

Could be a typo ...

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon ➡️

Could be a typo ...

Please refer on PB sales.
Attached Thumbnails
MAAT releases next generation DRMeter MkII plugin for Loudness metering-screenshot_2018-02-22-17-06-33.jpg  
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon ➡️
£120 to buy outright. Hard to understand their pricing policy but I guess there's a market for it somewhere.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Hard to compete with that price And I tend to use it over the Klangfreund one I have, although that does have features the other doesn't have.

This one here looks good though and it claims to have made some innovations in terms of loudness detection but..yep I"m going to comment on price..not for me.

Be interested to see if pro mastering guys find this to be worth shelling out for.
Old 22nd February 2018
Lives for gear

I wish i could email them and they could hear their customers but they dont respond to emails either. Very weird company lol. Theyre like ghost asking for money in your wallet.
Old 22nd February 2018
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
What's especially bizarre to me is that I got the first DRMeter on sale for $9 and up until that the meter was free anyway?

Did MAAT take business advice from Martin Shkreli?

(their 2buscontrol is a solid free plugin too, and I generally like what they've put out so far. Unsure what happened here.)
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcop ➡️
Did MAAT take business advice from Martin Shkreli?
Old 9th April 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Contacting MAAT

Quote:
I wish i could email them and they could hear their customers but they dont respond to emails either. Very weird company lol. Theyre like ghost asking for money in your wallet.
Hey rojhmusic,

We try to answer ever mail that comes in but sometimes we mess up. Our apologies. You can mail me directly; [email protected] our domain (maat.digital) and I’ll try to help with whatever you’ve got going.

OMas
Old 6th August 2018
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
If I where to buy a license to this (even though I would have to use Codemeter which I really don't like because of previous catastrophic experiences), would I be able to use my license both in the studio and on my laptop without a dongle, or do I need to buy two licenses?
Old 9th August 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01010110 ➡️
If I where to buy a license to this (even though I would have to use Codemeter which I really don't like because of previous catastrophic experiences), would I be able to use my license both in the studio and on my laptop without a dongle, or do I need to buy two licenses?
Hey 86,

Host-based licenses are portable, though it requires some forethought. See our support FAQ for details:

MAAT’s Support Page - maat.digital/support
Old 31st August 2018 | Show parent
unr
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by omasciarotte ➡️
Hey 86,

Host-based licenses are portable, though it requires some forethought. See our support FAQ for details:

MAAT’s Support Page - maat.digital/support
But it's not stated that a concurrent installation on 2 systems is possible. Eg. Laptop and Studio PC. So I assume only one at a time?

Btw: The PDF link on the MAAT FAQ page displays an error page.
Old 31st August 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by unr ➡️
But it's not stated that a concurrent installation on 2 systems is possible. Eg. Laptop and Studio PC. So I assume only one at a time?
Hey unr,

Yup. As mentioned elsewhere, we’re in the process of offering the new, small 3-Series CmStick dongles, which offers hassle–free license portability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unr ➡️
Btw: The PDF link on the MAAT FAQ page displays an error page.
I just checked and found one dead link: Fixed it. Gracias, thanks for the heads up!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…