Stam Audio SA-EQP1A Equalizer
Old 21st November 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam Audio ➡️
It's NOS tubes and NOS output transformer lamination
I can't help but feel a little upset here. I'm not the type to get worked up over the small stuff, and I've been very patient. But I paid you money for something that I'm no longer getting. Can you see my point? Why was there no communication about this? Long wait times are one thing, but this is something else. I want to be super supportive here. It's like if you ordered something at a restaurant, paid in advance, and only got half of what you ordered. Does that make sense?

The NOS upgrade offer I paid $800 for included upgraded input, inter-stage and output transformers along with NOS tubes. And now I'm finding out, with no direct communication, that half of the upgrades are no longer part of it.

Feeling super let down here.
Old 21st November 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj31 ➡️
I can't help but feel a little upset here. I'm not the type to get worked up over the small stuff, and I've been very patient. But I paid you money for something that I'm no longer getting. Can you see my point? Why was there no communication about this? Long wait times are one thing, but this is something else. I want to be super supportive here. It's like if you ordered something at a restaurant, paid in advance, and only got half of what you ordered. Does that make sense?

The NOS upgrade offer I paid $800 for included upgraded input, inter-stage and output transformers along with NOS tubes. And now I'm finding out, with no direct communication, that half of the upgrades are no longer part of it.

W O W ! thanks for pointing out those facts, this totally slipped by. let us hope Josh has a good answer to that.
Old 22nd November 2018 | Show parent
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj31 ➡️

I think there is a misunderstanding here

Please email me at [email protected] so I can have a look at this

You will get what was promised
Old 22nd November 2018
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Nevermind:

I found it

It also
features a larger inter-stage transformer from Sowter and a larger
Cinemag 4X150 input transformer. On top of this the NOS version includes
NOS tubes to bring this unit to sound like a vintage Pultec as well as
OHMITE carbon resistors.

This was the email that was sent.

I got confused with the 200 upgrade just for the output transformer and tubes.

It is good that I just realized as I was about to order some extra transformers that were not going to be needed

So much work has me a bit dizzy to be honest.
Lives for gear

🎧 20 years
Quote:
Nevermind:

I found it

It also
OHMITE carbon resistors.

It is good that I just realized as I was about to order some extra transformers that were not going to be needed

Ok, so for clarity, there’s two upgrade options?:
Upgrade#1 - Output transformer + NOS tubes, $200?
Upgrade#2 - Output transformer + NOS tubes + input transformer + interstage transformer, $400?

Please put this info on the website, no one can see every forum thread, you will end up having to answer 200 emails about it otherwise!
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Nevermind:

I found it

It also
OHMITE carbon resistors.

I didn’t realize there was a 200 upgrade option. Never heard that.
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd33 ➡️
Ok, so for clarity, there’s two upgrade options?:
Upgrade#1 - Output transformer + NOS tubes, $200?
Upgrade#2 - Output transformer + NOS tubes + input transformer + interstage transformer, $400?

Please put this info on the website, no one can see every forum thread, you will end up having to answer 200 emails about it otherwise!
Correct
No need to add to the website for now
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Correct
No need to add to the website for now
Why on earth not? Do you like answering additional emails due to customer confusion? It just makes NO sense to avoid putting accurate and correct info on your website. It's just bizarre that you think that wouldn't be a good idea.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Nevermind:

I found it

It also
OHMITE carbon resistors.

What? When was this communicated? I haven't read of the 200$ upgrade option anywhere. Can you point me where this was mentioned? This is getting more and more confusing and has a random feel. Sorry to say...
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco ➡️
What? When was this communicated? I haven't read of the 200$ upgrade option anywhere. Can you point me where this was mentioned? This is getting more and more confusing and has a random feel. Sorry to say...
I have not offered the 200 upgrade to anybody, I have never mentioned it to clients nor emailed anybody offering it so I don't understand what the confusion is.

There is a NOS upgrade option which everybody got emailed about which upgrades all the mentioned parts on the email. Period.

The 200 upgrade option (just NOS tubes and output transformer) will not be offered for now for the simple reason that there is no capacity to manufacture so many of those time consuming output transformers and the quota has been met.

I got confused because I know about the option. Not sure if that makes sense. It will be made available in the future and when it does it will be displayed on the website. I responded here on the go and then realized the mistake.

This is the end of the subject for me. I hope it explains it.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I have not offered the 200 upgrade to anybody, I have never mentioned it to clients nor emailed anybody offering it so I don't understand what the confusion is.

There is a NOS upgrade option which everybody got emailed about which upgrades all the mentioned parts on the email. Period.

The 200 upgrade option (just NOS tubes and output transformer) will not be offered for now for the simple reason that there is no capacity to manufacture so many of those time consuming output transformers and the quota has been met.

I got confused because I know about the option. Not sure if that makes sense. It will be made available in the future and when it does it will be displayed on the website. I responded here on the go and then realized the mistake.

This is the end of the subject for me. I hope it explains it.
Well, if it's confusing for you, what is not to understand that it is even more confusing for your clients?
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Well, if it's confusing for you, what is not to understand that it is even more confusing for your clients?
How can something that has never been offered cause confusion on any client?

Please read my post. No client was contacted with this offer and it is not an option right now.

Standard or NOS (400 USD) are the only options right now.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
How can something that has never been offered cause confusion on any client?

Please read my post. No client was contacted with this offer and it is not an option right now.

Standard or NOS (400 USD) are the only options right now.
Well, it caused confusion because 1. you mentioned this third option above and 2. because I was lead to believe that right now the only difference between standard and NOS version are only the output transformer and tubes.

This lead me to thinking the difference between standard and NOS version is small enough for me to stick with stanard. But now since its the whole package of transfomrers etc. again and a third option is mentioned, the difference between standard and NOS version seems bigger than expected again. You see? This makes me question my decision to stick with standard.

I'm not meaning to be rude in any way and would appreciate to be treated accordingly. I have put down payments for 5 of your products almost a year ago and waited for my SA67 several months although having payed in full. I didn't raise my voice all this time and was/am very understanding. But you also have to put yourself in my shoes. Maybe this helps understanding...
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Well, it caused confusion because 1. you mentioned this third option above and 2. because I was lead to believe that right now the only difference between standard and NOS version are only the output transformer and tubes.

This lead me to thinking the difference between standard and NOS version is small enough for me to stick with stanard. But now since its the whole package of transfomrers etc. again and a third option is mentioned, the difference between standard and NOS version seems bigger than expected again. You see? This makes me question my decision to stick with standard.

I'm not meaning to be rude in any way and would appreciate to be treated accordingly. I have put down payments for 5 of your products almost a year ago and waited for my SA67 several months although having payed in full. I didn't raise my voice all this time and was/am very understanding. But you also have to put yourself in my shoes. Maybe this helps understanding...
Hello!

Yes, I understand now. As said, it as my mistake and it has been clarified I hope.

You are bot being rude in anyway, please email me at [email protected] so I can have a look at your orders by the way

Thanks!
Josh
Old 22nd November 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Ok, so, just to confirm:

$400 upgrade = NOS tubes + 3 transformer upgrades + Carbon Resistors as originally described?
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoepedals ➡️
Ok, so, just to confirm:

$400 upgrade = NOS tubes + 3 transformer upgrades + Carbon Resistors as originally described?
Correct!
Old 23rd November 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hi Joshua!

It's there some news about the audio comparison between the stock EQP1A vs the upgraded one?

I'm just in the middle about it, need to listen to be able to choose with certainty.

Thank you!,
Daniel.
Old 23rd November 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 ➡️
Hi Joshua!

It's there some news about the audio comparison between the stock EQP1A vs the upgraded one?

I'm just in the middle about it, need to listen to be able to choose with certainty.

Thank you!,
Daniel.
I wouldn't hold your breath...
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 ➡️
Hi Joshua!

Thank you!,
Daniel.
Good idea

If I can describe it the NOS ones has a little more low end and headroom.

It is quite an expensive decision for a little more low end.

The standard one is made with the finest modern offerings from Sowter and sounds amazing.

I myself would not know what to pick. If you are a purist then having one with the original lamination and tubes is quite pleasing. I am bringing a couple to Eric Jonson's studio in Austin soon, it will have the NOS mod.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Good idea

If I can describe it the NOS ones has a little more low end and headroom.

It is quite an expensive decision for a little more low end.

The standard one is made with the finest modern offerings from Sowter and sounds amazing.

I myself would not know what to pick. If you are a purist then having one with the original lamination and tubes is quite pleasing. I am bringing a couple to Eric Jonson's studio in Austin soon, it will have the NOS mod.
Great to know, thanks Joshua.

I would love to have a stereo version for mastering tasks, with just one gain knob to control both channels to A/B between ON and OFF without the loudness bias.

Also, i don't know if this is possible, but would be great to use just one channel eq knobs to apply the eq to both channels. If not possible, stepped gain knobs will do the trick.

Dreaming is for free

Best Regards,
Daniel.
Old 19th December 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Wondering if there are any updates on this one.

Thanks!
Old 19th December 2018
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
I have almost everything to start as well

The 1073EQ, ADG and Pultec will be shipped simultaneously.

We are waiting for transformers and some parts
Old 20th December 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
So once the parts finally arrive you'll have to build (presumably) hundreds of these things and then ship them all over the world. Sounds like we'll be seeing them some time next summer realistically.
Old 20th December 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
OMG another delay?
Old 12th January 2019 | Show parent
Gear Head
799 for First 100 is Posted

799 for First 100 is Posted. I just got in for a stereo pair. Is the upgrade still available
Old 12th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroGoGo ➡️
799 for First 100 is Posted. I just got in for a stereo pair. Is the upgrade still available
what? where did you see that? the first 100 to preorder price is long gone.
Old 13th January 2019 | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs ➡️
what? where did you see that? the first 100 to preorder price is long gone.
Click this link...... Stam Audio

Last sentence on the page.

Copied from the site.

"Right now though, if you put a $200 deposit down to pre-order your unit you will get the discounted price of $899.00 and only 799.00 if you are on the first 100 to reserve.
@the fxs Do you see it?

Last edited by AfroGoGo; 13th January 2019 at 12:58 AM.. Reason: I left out the words "Click this link......".
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroGoGo ➡️
Click this link...... Stam Audio

Last sentence on the page.

Copied from the site.

"Right now though, if you put a $200 deposit down to pre-order your unit you will get the discounted price of $899.00 and only 799.00 if you are on the first 100 to reserve.
@the fxs Do you see it?
Yeah...they should remove those words after the first 100 orders come in. It's pretty amazing that they can do lots of research and development but not take 5 minutes to update a web site once per day.
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 ➡️
Yeah...they should remove those words after the first 100 orders come in. It's pretty amazing that they can do lots of research and development but not take 5 minutes to update a web site once per day.
I figured they needed more purchases to make the quota for the build.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It's been so long that I paid my deposit I literally can't remember when it was! We gotta be looking at waiting nearly a year at this point...

Last edited by basic; 13th January 2019 at 06:51 AM..
📝 Reply