2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Soundspot Velo Limiter (AU/VST/AAX)

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/3922-Velo

(currently on sale)
Old 24th November 2017
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Have u tried it Draudiobot or anyone else? I'm in the market for a very good Limiter and this is targeted to rhythmic transient heavy music,I produce DnB,Jungle so this seems perfect? I am away and want be able to test anything until I'm back in 2 weeks so i might miss the sale and £13 instead of £130 is an amazing deal if it lives up to what it's advertised? So I'm really interested in anyone who's trying it?

Last edited by Hi-Fidelity; 24th November 2017 at 07:01 PM..
Old 24th November 2017
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
I bought it and like it. It's similar to Toneboosters Barricade 4 in terms of sound and functionality.
Old 26th November 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Fidelity ➡️
Have u tried it Draudiobot or anyone else? I'm in the market for a very good Limiter and this is targeted to rhythmic transient heavy music,I produce DnB,Jungle so this seems perfect? I am away and want be able to test anything until I'm back in 2 weeks so i might miss the sale and £13 instead of £130 is an amazing deal if it lives up to what it's advertised? So I'm really interested in anyone who's trying it?
It's worth $13. Haven't used it extensively yet, but despite of it's lack of detailed controls it does a pretty good job of punching up the volume of a track. But just like all "mastering" limiters, if you use too much it will flatten everything out. Use it within reason and it gives reasonably transparent results. There's a YouTube out there that will give you the essential controls.

I wouldn't center a professional mastering facility around it, but it seems pretty good for a quick and easy way to punch up volume on a budget.

Besides, $13 is basically the price of a fast food meal. IMO not worth agonizing about.
Old 27th November 2017
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
@ DrAudiobot & Me_Likey
Thanks for the advice really appreciate it,i have used the CM version of Barricade and it's pretty good so if it sounds similar it's well worth the $13 and as you say it's the price of a takeaway
Old 2nd December 2017
Gear Maniac

Bought it too, in my opinion a no braining for a limiter. I have the Slate Digital Everything Bundle but the FG-X doesn't work for me, I can't get the max. out of my tracks but with this one I can! It is really an awesome limiter which isn't very difficult to use and to set up
Old 6th February 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I like soundspot. I bought the Kick processor vst for 1.00 dollars.

I'm getting this Oracle and Nebula fx as well. Nebula reminds me of Outputs MOvement vst though..
Old 22nd March 2019
Gear Addict

One of the best, or maybe the best limiter available.
Old 22nd March 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted brenn ➡️
One of the best, or maybe the best limiter available.
Clearly, you need to try more limiters.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STSQ ➡️
Clearly, you need to try more limiters.
Hey man, tell me more....... which one ?

I own Fabfilter Pro-L2, Limited Max LVC Audio, NUGEN ILS Limiter, Ozone 8 Limiter, Elevate, DMG Limitless, Waves L3, Limiter N6, but still prefer VELO

Tell me if you have a gem
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hey man, tell me more....... which one ?

I own Fabfilter Pro-L2, Limited Max LVC Audio, NUGEN ILS Limiter, Ozone 8 Limiter, Elevate, DMG Limitless, Waves L3, Limiter N6, but still prefer VELO

Tell me if you have a gem
OK, I was wrong. If you have all those and still prefer Velo Limiter then there's nothing I can suggest except maybe getting your hearing checked.
Deleted 2b2d553
---
Gear Addict

Quote:
I can suggest except maybe getting your hearing checked.
Why do you say that

I do lots of mixes for different style of music and i use PMC IB1-A, no need to checked my hears.

But please, check VELO followed by LVC Toned, followed by (ex: Free Hofa Fader - Gain control at - 0,3db)

Main FX Chain Master bus is

bx-console (Bainworks)
Magenta 4 (Acustica Audio)
VELO
Toned
Hofa Fader

I can do miracle with that... but like always , to each his own

What's yours ?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Why do you say that

I do lots of mixes for different style of music and i use PMC IB1-A, no need to checked my hears.

But please, check VELO followed by LVC Toned, followed by (ex: Free Hofa Fader - Gain control at - 0,3db)

Main FX Chain Master bus is

bx-console (Bainworks)
Magenta 4 (Acustica Audio)
VELO
Toned
Hofa Fader

I can do miracle with that... but like always , to each his own

What's yours ?
Technically a limiter is supposed to be the final plug on the master bus unless you're using a clipper for effect. The problem with Velo that it breaks up far quicker (at lower GR) than any of the other limiters you mentioned. Maybe that's what you like about it but it's not ideally what good limiters do.
Old 23rd March 2019 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Technically a limiter is supposed to be the final plug on the master bus unless you're using a clipper for effect. The problem with Velo that it breaks up far quicker (at lower GR) than any of the other limiters you mentioned. Maybe that's what you like about it but it's not ideally what good limiters do.
Ok I understand, but what will you do to get the same power than Selena Gomez productions? or "Bring me the horizon" (Doomed) ? etc.

Which Limiter to reach this output level ?

Thanks for sharing...
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Ok I understand, but what will you do to get the same power than Selena Gomez productions? or "Bring me the horizon" (Doomed) ? etc.

Which Limiter to reach this output level ?

Thanks for sharing...
I purposely avoid getting involved in volume wars but if I was trying achieve those kinds of insane levels I would use a combination of more than one limiter and/or clippers in smaller amounts of GR to reach the target output rather than using any single limiter (especially Velo) to do all the work. You really can't hear negative effects of going for absolute maximum output on your master???
Gear Addict

Quote:
I would use a combination of more than one limiter and/or clippers in smaller amounts of GR to reach the target output rather than using any single limiter (especially Velo) to do all the work.
Indeed, It's why I use VELO and Toned.

thanks for your advice
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Indeed, It's why I use VELO and Toned.

thanks for your advice
Are you using Velo 1 or Velo 2?? Aside from Velo 2 being twice as good as Velo 1 what are the differences??
Old 24th March 2019 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Are you using Velo 1 or Velo 2?? Aside from Velo 2 being twice as good as Velo 1 what are the differences??
Actually, I use VELO 1, I try VELO 2 but didn't find it better. Maybe I'm wrong she

Did you try both ?

Which limiter do you prefer and recommend ?
Old 24th March 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Actually, I use VELO 1, I try VELO 2 but didn't find it better. Maybe I'm wrong she

Did you try both ?

Which limiter do you prefer and recommend ?
I tried Velo 1 but haven't tried Velo 2. I guess it has lookahead and oversampling that Velo 1 lacked. I use alot of the limiters you mentioned but no single one works best on everything. It seems you're interested in competing with the loudness of a lot of current pop which I am definitely not.
Old 25th March 2019 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
I tried Velo 1 but haven't tried Velo 2. I guess it has lookahead and oversampling that Velo 1 lacked. I use alot of the limiters you mentioned but no single one works best on everything. It seems you're interested in competing with the loudness of a lot of current pop which I am definitely not.
Ok man, thanks for the discussion...
Old 16th April 2020 | Show parent
V.t
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvd83 ➡️
Bought it too, in my opinion a no braining for a limiter. I have the Slate Digital Everything Bundle but the FG-X doesn't work for me, I can't get the max. out of my tracks but with this one I can! It is really an awesome limiter which isn't very difficult to use and to set up
Resurrecting an old post. But I can help you with my settings on the Slate FG-X to make it work for you.
Old 30th January 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.t ➡️
Resurrecting an old post. But I can help you with my settings on the Slate FG-X to make it work for you.
Do tell...
V.t
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by themixinghood ➡️
Do tell...
I will, but my traditional wedding holds today so I'm away from my computer. Kindly drop your email address here so I can send you the vst settings in a zip file on Monday.
Thanks.
Here for the gear
Quote:
I will, but my traditional wedding holds today so I'm away from my computer. Kindly drop your email address here so I can send you the vst settings in a zip file on Monday.
Thanks.
[email protected]

Thanks in advance!
Old 3rd February 2021 | Show parent
V.t
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by themixinghood ➡️
[email protected]

Thanks in advance!
You're welcome. Sent you the email. I feel very comfy with the Compressor section of the FG-X. The Limiter section is solid too, but often IK Stealth Limiter wins. YMMV though.
Thanks.
Old 16th February 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
You're welcome. Sent you the email. I feel very comfy with the Compressor section of the FG-X. The Limiter section is solid too, but often IK Stealth Limiter wins. YMMV though.
Thanks.
Hey man! Just letting you know your settings advice put me in a great position with my mix bus. I even use it in NI Maschine on the master.

I've always used this plug but never mastered it...don't know why I never dug deeper but, this **** sounds amazing as a top down mix glue even with ratio @ 1.0...and your 2 instances method is on point!
Old 16th February 2021
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Bro!! Can I get some love on those FGX settings?? Email is [email protected]
Old 16th February 2021 | Show parent
V.t
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Thanks a bunch!
Always happy to help. 🙏
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent