Quantcast
MAAT announces release of a digital recreation of Roger Schult’s analog hardware - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MAAT announces release of a digital recreation of Roger Schult’s analog hardware
Old 3rd August 2017
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Software MAAT announces release of a digital recreation of Roger Schult’s analog hardware

Hey folks,

Wanted to let you know that MAAT Incorporated today announced the release of RSPhaseShifter version 1.0, a digital implementation of the Roger Schult/German Audio Lab’s Phase Shifter 500 Series W2324 hardware. The cross–platform plug–in creates a high quality, phase shifted version of a monaural or stereo input.

Available in formats for all major DAWs, RSPhaseShifter incorporates double precision internal processing, and algorithms optimized for highest fidelity. Providing a fast, convenient means of aligning individual mix elements for best subjective results, RSPhaseShifter also offers a delta mode, to preview isolated audio reflecting only the content that has been altered by signal processing. This extends the application to the control of frequency–dependent stereo spread for MS workflows.

Product features include very high resolution, realtime adjustment of resonant frequency, gain compensation, and phase angle from 15 to 360°. MIRROR and FLIP modes speed the selection of two channel settings, while the compact layout of the UI, which echoes the original W2324 module, is crafted for low visual fatigue.

RSPhaseShifter is affordably priced and available now. For pics, specs and additional information, visit us at MAAT dot Digital.
Old 3rd August 2017
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Re: RSPhaseShifter Reviewers Wanted

Hey Slutz,

We”re looking for reviewers! Contact me at marcom at maat dot digital…

OMas
Old 7th August 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I just downloaded the demo and messed with it a bit, i need the manual, where is it?
Old 8th August 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Just tried this out comparing just using the polarity switch vs UAD Little Labs IBP and the Maat RSPhaseshifter on a heavily mic'd drum set (OH, close cymbal, snare top/bottom, inside/outside/sub kick, stereo rooms). Couldn't quite replicate IBP with the RSPhaseshifter and vise versa, but ultimately found my favorite results with the RSPhaseshifter. Now curious to try some other options.

It would be really great to have a bypass switch within the plugin.
Old 8th August 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Would be interested in thoughts of this versus Sound Radix as well as Waves Inphase.
Old 8th August 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
RSPS User Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom & Roland ➡️
I just downloaded the demo and messed with it a bit, i need the manual, where is it?
Hey guys,

Sorry about that, here’s a direct Dropbox link:

OMas
Old 8th August 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Bypass Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj ➡️
It would be really great to have a bypass switch within the plugin.
Hey Benj,

The center position (0°) of the toggle switch is a functional Bypass…

OMas
Old 3rd September 2017
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Anyone on this versus Sound Radix' Auto-Align ?

Old 4th September 2017 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
“Anyone on this versus Sound Radix' Auto-Align ?”

IMHO this is a much more creative tool.
Auto-Aligne is more (12 drum tracks get them in phase quick Baam!)
I use this tool after reverbs creating depth ore fixing kick and bass to my taste etc.
Sometimes placing other instruments in the mix to my taste.
Old 4th September 2017
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
And how does this tool differ from Waves inPhase? My impression is that they are very similar...
Old 8th September 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Comparing Waves’ inPhase to MAAT’s RSPhaseShifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigisland ➡️
And how does this tool differ from Waves inPhase? My impression is that they are very similar...
Hey bigisland,

Superficially, they are similar. The devil’s in the deets though, and here’s what I know:
  • Waves provides only 90° or 180° compensation, while RSPhaseShifter uniquely allows continuous phase adjustment over a very wide range of frequencies. Because of the continuous phase control, RSPS lends itself more to use as an effect as well as for compensation.
  • InPhase supports a sample rate of up to 96 kHz, while RSPhaseShifter supports up to 384 kHz.
  • Waves UI is visually focused, while RSPhaseShifter offers faster, intuitive operation using your ears.
  • Don’t know about Waves’ guts, but RSPhaseShifter employs the same (circuit) topology as Roger Schult’s pristine Phase Shifter W2324 hardware, combined with 64 bit internal processing for very high sound quality.

While I’m sure InPhase is a great product, I suggest you grab a trial of RSPS, try it and listen for yourself.

OMas
Old 8th September 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigisland ➡️
I definitely had different results on tightening up a drum kit with Waves In Phase, MAAT and UAD IBP. Wasn't really able to get the same results with any and so I ended up purchasing both MAAT and Waves In Phase to add to the arsenal. Really enjoy the quickness of MAAT and for that particular drum kit it was my final choice.
Old 31st August 2018
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Congratulations OMas and the MAAT team with this excellent plugin! I've been working with RSPS and think it sounds incredible.

For years I've wanted a phase tool like this which allowed a continuous range, yet sound natural. I found most of the available products had various limitations, or didn't retain adequate transparency. It was most important to me primarily with acoustic sourced material such as acoustic guitars.

I think I can finally achieve what I've been wanting with RSPS.
So, I appreciate your work with this! Let us know if any updates are planned! The only thing I might like to see added would be UI scale options.

-SD

Last edited by sonicdefault; 31st August 2018 at 07:39 PM..
Old 31st August 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdefault ➡️
Congratulations OMas and the MAAT team with this excellent plugin! I've been working with RSPS and think it sounds incredible.
Hey SD,

Glad you like it! We try to always improve on what’s already available from other vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdefault ➡️
…I appreciate your work with this! Let us know if any updates are planned! The only thing I might like to see added would be UI scale options.
Yeah, that’s certainly something we’d add in a future version, and I’ve made a note in our enhancement list for your request. Resizable, along with a horizontal mode, like we did with DRM2. Not sure how scalable the graphics are in the current version, which dictates the ease of implementation.

Anyway, thanks again and stay tuned to our newsletter for all updates…
📝 Reply