Analog Obsession releases "FIVER" 5 Band Eq
Old 13th July 2017
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Analog Obsession releases "FIVER" 5 Band Eq

Five Band Eq

Low Frequency : Continuously variable from 30Hz to 300Hz +/- 12dB

High Frequency : Continuously variable from 2.5kHz to 25kHz +/- 12dB

Low Mid Frequency : Continuously variable from 50Hz to 400Hz +/- 12dB Variable Q

Mid Frequency : Continuously variable from 330Hz to 2.5kHz +/- 12dB Variable Q

High Mid Frequency : Continuously variable from 330Hz to 16kHz +/- 12dB Variable Q

LF & HF Filter : Engages low and high pass filters

+/-12dB input level adjustment

Great option for surgical eq or coloring

Supported Platforms

Audio Unit,VST 2.4.All platforms support both 32 and 64 bit operation.
AAX OSX 64 bit

Supported Operation Systems

Mac OSX 10.7 or newer
Windows 7 or newer

Technical Specifications

Sample Rate Support: up to 192 khz
Bit Depth: 64 bits

Free for Equa Pack owners!

Only $59!

FIVER
Old 13th July 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Works perfectly! It is a beast! Well done Tunca!
Old 13th July 2017 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay ➑️
Works perfectly! It is a beast! Well done Tunca!
Enjoy!
Old 13th July 2017
Old 13th July 2017
Deleted User
Hi Tunca
Congratulation for the new release.
Just trying the new FIVER, and I just saw the error in the High Shelf in upper position you wrote 4Khz but it is actually 14Khz..

Just a small typo that I saw..

Sounds quite focused..

Old 14th July 2017
Deleted User
With copy-paste I managed to correct the typo Tunca.
Just replace the existing one with this one.

now 14Khz on the high shelf..
Attached Thumbnails
Analog Obsession releases "FIVER" 5 Band Eq-bg.png  
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The original portico is 4k.
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Is this the same emulation as ddmf 6144
Old 14th July 2017
Deleted User
On the DDMF shows 14khz on that position..
I mean FIVER is too far from 4K here on the graph.
Analog Obsession releases "FIVER" 5 Band Eq-fiver-high-shelf.jpg
Analog Obsession releases "FIVER" 5 Band Eq-ddmf-high-shelf.jpg

From the original: http://rupertneve.com/products/portico-5033/
Detailed EQ Frequency Points
These LF and HF shelf frequencies are the 3dB down points from the
highest point of the shelf:
LF
1st notch not numbered – 68.4 Hz
2nd – 111.3 Hz
4th – 155.6 Hz
5th – 198 Hz

HF
1st notch not numbered – 2.760 kHz
2nd – 3.240 kHz
4th – 5.6 kHz
5th – 10.9 kHz

That's mean it's typo on the original plate, but they stated that position on the hardware is 10.9 Khz...

Last edited by Den; 14th July 2017 at 09:53 PM..
Old 14th July 2017
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Thank you so much guys!

I didn't make this GUI.But i had to double check.

I will change with Den's corrected version,soon.

Thanks.
Old 26th July 2017
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I have to admit, this sounds absolutely amazing.
Old 26th July 2017
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
....(had to buy it)
Old 26th July 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Fiver sounds good

@ Tunca
Is Fiver ready yet as your website state "Coming Soon" and how long your sale will be up?
Old 26th July 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 ➑️
Fiver sounds good

@ Tunca
Is Fiver ready yet as your website state "Coming Soon" and how long your sale will be up?
hah! didn't even notice the "coming soon". waiting for it to be in my account

(together with the BXQ, which I bought as well)

hope it has been officially released already. tunca?

this eq is like a sound-scalpel without sounding digitally boring.

i have to admit i was a bit put off by the nonstop new releases by AO but after seeing that all his products are on a massive sale, i gave a few a spin and wow, was this a revelation!

now i understand why some here on GS praise them since months!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot ➑️
hah! didn't even notice the "coming soon". waiting for it to be in my account

(together with the BXQ, which I bought as well)

hope it has been officially released already. tunca?

this eq is like a sound-scalpel without sounding digitally boring.

i have to admit i was a bit put off by the nonstop new releases by AO but after seeing that all his products are on a massive sale, i gave a few a spin and wow, was this a revelation!

now i understand why some here on GS praise them since months!
Being running the demo and hope Tunca release it today or the next few days

If i remember correctly, Tunca used to make Acustica Audio Nebula programs and he's great at it and now with his own plugins..superb.

Btw, the demo does not indicate or show what value when we turn the knobs. Hope this is not in the final release because it hard to work it not knowing what freq we're working with.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Being running the demo and hope Tunca release it today or the next few days

If i remember correctly, Tunca used to make Acustica Audio Nebula programs and he's great at it and now with his own plugins..superb.

Btw, the demo does not indicate or show what value when we turn the knobs. Hope this is not in the final release because it hard to work it not knowing what freq we're working with.
Yeah I saw the interview with him and mentioning making Nebula libraries for years.

It has a good side to not read all values in detail: I will use my ears way more
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yeah I saw the interview with him and mentioning making Nebula libraries for years.

It has a good side to not read all values in detail: I will use my ears way more
Ya..he made some fantastic Neb libs back then and a glad he moved on to work on his own stuff.

It would be great to have an option to show or hide the values if Tunca can add to it but i totally agree that using our ears to mix is better then looking at values hahaha.

Would be great is someone who has the Steinberg RND Portico 5033 EQ to compare it with FIVER and see how it fairs.
Old 26th July 2017
Deleted e71ab78
This one is officially released when this was posted, just the site that hasnt been updated.

I really like this one, it's got something very nice about it and I'm reaching for it a lot.

I like no values being on there it makes you listen more!
Old 26th July 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Guys, does FIVER really better (at analog sounding) than DDMF 6144 that i don't use anymore..? I can't demo it on my laptop as AO drop support on Snow Leo ( I'm on vacation )
I really enjoy SSQ and OSS too and would like to know, as well, how long sales will last..?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Fiver sounds good

@ Tunca
Sorry for that.I forgot to update page.Nnow removed "Coming Soon".

Also i have sale for a week.

Thanks.
Old 26th July 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Thanks, so it will last until next sunday..? ( i missed the beginning day.. )
Tunca will you ever consider to compile your creation for Snow Leo again, in the future..?
To work on my double setup would be so damn coooool...

Last edited by jsblack; 26th July 2017 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: 'cause i suck in english even more on morning dry
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack ➑️
Thanks, so it will last until next sunday..? ( i missed the beginning day.. )
Tunca will you ever consider to compile your creation for Snow Leo again, in the future..?
To work on my double setup would be so damn coooool...
Until next Tuesday.

My plugins working on 10.7 or newer.Can't go down.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack ➑️
Guys, does FIVER really better (at analog sounding) than DDMF 6144
Yup..it does sound better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunca ➑️
Sorry for that.I forgot to update page.Nnow removed "Coming Soon".

Also i have sale for a week.

Thanks.
Thanks Tunca..just purchased..waiting for the download to appear in my account..hopefully soon
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Ya..he made some fantastic Neb libs back then and a glad he moved on to work on his own stuff.

It would be great to have an option to show or hide the values if Tunca can add to it but i totally agree that using our ears to mix is better then looking at values hahaha.

Would be great is someone who has the Steinberg RND Portico 5033 EQ to compare it with FIVER and see how it fairs.
I am happy without values. In the past 10 years of being ITB my mind has been poisoned by all the graphs, values, numbers etc. working on an analog desk i NEVER looked at numbers, and just roughly guessed and worked way more intuitive (and dramatic - in a good way). having visual feedback can really be numbing important senses IMO.

yeah, also wondering about the portico comparison. I just remember how incredibly expensive they were when they came out. the few ones that bought them also said they sounded "different" (better) than "standard" plugins.

Last edited by DrAudioBot; 26th July 2017 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: typo
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I am happy without values. IN the past 10 years of being ITB my mind has been poisoned by all the graphs, values, numbers etc. working on an analog desk i NEVER looked at numbers, and just roughly guessed and worked way more intuitive (and dramatic - in a good way). having visual feedback can really be numbing important senses IMO.

yeah, also wondering about the portico comparison. I just remember how incredibly expensive they were when they came out. the few ones that bought them also said they sounded "differnt" (better) than "standard" plugins.
Ya..with consoles. we just feel our way but ya..we kinda spoiled with visual aid ahahha

I read the same feedback on Steinberg Portico which seems better too..
Old 26th July 2017
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I used to use the Portico plugin, but stopped using it the last couple of years. Fiver sounds smoother, more refined to me, from what I remember about the Steinberg version.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU ➑️
I used to use the Portico plugin, but stopped using it the last couple of years. Fiver sounds smoother, more refined to me, from what I remember about the Steinberg version.

good to know/hear. AO plugins all seem to have a musical/natural smoothness from the ones I have tried so far.
Old 26th July 2017
Lives for gear

I've been using it after Alex B' s Portico preamp (peak mode, timed kernels) from his Nebula preamp collection. Silk mode especially.

This combo simply purrrrs like a very expensive kitten.

Much like the Slate 73 preamp into Tunca's Neve EQ's does (which btw are undoubtedly the best in class IMO).

I believe that AO' s method of converting from Spice schematics to code is the only way to get the authenticity of the model right. It's probably as close to 1:1 as you could get today.

With that in mind, I'd love to see some dedicated preamps from Tunca to run my amp sims and drum libraries into, or some other sections from consoles like the master bus, or a full channel strip.

I think AO are killing it, and anybody not on-board due to gain or GUI issues is missing out big time.
Old 27th July 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just got Fiver and have been enjoying it immensely. I have a few questions, What frequencies are the LF and HF filters fixed at? Also what level is best to hit FIVER with?? I've been using -18. And the LF band and the HF band are both shelves??
Old 27th July 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok ➑️
Just got Fiver and have been enjoying it immensely. I have a few questions, What frequencies are the LF and HF filters fixed at? Also what level is best to hit FIVER with?? I've been using -18. And the LF band and the HF band are both shelves??
About levels: Use ears IMO

If I'm not mistaken, in the original Portico the LF/HF switched low and high shelf on/off (correct me someone if I am wrong here). In Fiver it's unspecified HP/LP which I've also used by ear until now. My guess is something around 40Hz for low cut and 16k for high cut. Mostly I leave it off unless there is "nothing to lose" and channel/buss focused on mid range.

I've noticed the level drops a tiny bit when Fiver is inserted, which I often compensate by a very small amount but mostly not necessary once I start boosting bands. And boosting bands is what this plugin can take very, very well!

The low mid band for a 50-100Hz bass boost is so deliciously tight, mid range cuts/boosts are so precise yet musical and boosting the high mid band around 6k for sizzling but not plasticy harsh highs is pure sex

On existing mixes I have replaced EQ's on many channels with Fiver with success.

I think the GUI is also very "inviting" to get into it and sculpt your audio as it's supposed to be.

Just quickly played with the SSL (SSQ) but my first impressions were that I prefer the Fiver (absolutely a matter of taste) which also has the huge benefit of having a trim control.

Bottom line is: Fiver is stunning and can cover 95% of EQ tasks with ease.
πŸ“ Reply