The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica Audio presents: AMETHYST III based on CORE X
Old 11th May 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Acustica Audio presents: AMETHYST III based on CORE X

Hey fellas,

For thse who've enjoyed Amethyst II sound, the wait is over, version III is here: AMETHYST III with singles modules based on CORE X Technology

What's Amethyst's novelty?

Amethyst3 is a new upgraded high performance channel-strip released by Acustica. We offer a plugin of the highest quality and excellence with a very affordable price!
This is a complete and versatile plugin that can be enjoyed and used by anyone.
Amethyst3 is a collection of multiple sections; switchable PREAMPS , FILTER ,EQ and COMP and this pack includes the standalone versions.

First at all, the plug-in has been updated to CORE X, so the compression times have been greatly improved and faithfully reproducing those of the original machine.

We've added controls that are now included in all of our famous Acqua plug-ins (SHMODE - INSANE - DRY / WET - INPUT TRIM)
The filter section is finally complete (A-B mode), the EQ section includes, in addition to the previous EQ (A), a new emulation (B) that derived directly from the same series that the compressor is part of.

This new emulation is characterized by new CONTROLS: GLOWY fo LF section and SHINY for HF section, to change the curve shape to provide warmth (GLOWY) or in alternative balance (SHINY) of your signal to alter the overall sound withou without changing its character.

The result of this GLOWY/SHINY modes is very and it can be very musical.
EQ B is a faithfully emulation of an high performance equalizer and preamplifier designed to originate microphone signals of the highest quality and to process signals generally in terms of frequency response.

The circuitry was based on the research by the most famous british engineer put into the emulated console,

Critically acclaimed as the greatest sounding console of all time and we hope that our Amethyst3 can give you the same feeling! AMETHYST3 is a perfect choice for a high-quality channel-strip to enhance and massage your music!

Whats CORE X Tech?

Is the revolutionary upgraded multithreading technology by Acustica.
It is an optimization of Core9 in terms of high performance, it introduces new important features allows to optimize performance of Acqua plug-ins.

Features actually supported in Core X:

- Internal saturation of the plug-in no longer exceeds +3 dB
- New algorithm for hard-clipping.
- "Multi-input system" implemented
- "Blending algorithm" to reduce the number of istances, it allows significant saving in terms of CPU.

More details in Amethyst3 user's manual:

https://app.box.com/shared/static/0uw6f ... yunwuz.pdf

For more info head to: http://www.acustica-audio.com/index....id=189#gallery

Sublime work from AA Dev Team & kudos for my fella Beta Testers for their amazing involvement.

On a personal note, AMETHYST has always been one of my favorite Acqua plugins series since version 1. The EQ section only has so much character, you can really give so much feel & vibe to any instrument but when dial into percussive instruments, it refines the tone and opens up new dimensions to what you'd normally expect and bring you to a new path but better. Could go on and on but better...

Let you guys now enjoy this one. Happy making music

P.S Here's a video Overview of our great friend @ Will TheWeirdo, greatly explained. Kudos Will

Enjoy

Last edited by Solar; 11th May 2017 at 03:42 PM..
Old 11th May 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hell yes!. The ITB revolution is in full swing.
Old 11th May 2017
Gear Addict

Guess I'll be the first to kick it off
THIS PLUGIN IS SICK AND EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THAT RUPERT NEVE COMP IN THEIR ARSENAL LIKE NOW!!!
Idk why people are sleeping on this Amek console but they are missing out big time. If you group these with other tools along with the other great AA libraries you can mix anything you put your mind to.
The silk top end sounds like its namesake and for god's sake, WHY DOES THE PRE SOUND SO DAMN GOOD!!!
...SMH...It's like $90 American right now people so just jump in if you've never used or seen an AA plugin in action...SHEESH
Old 11th May 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It sounds marvelous, as any other Acustica Audio plugin . IMO is the perfect hybrid plugin wich can go from surgical/subtle moves to broad/colourful ones. In other words ... if it had been a woman it would be the mother of my sons NO DOUBT.

Ps: bought!
Old 11th May 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
yeah. amethyst is a great plugin. the filters are crazy good. maybe the best in Acqua land - partially because it is one of the unique continuous one - but the sound is wonderful too, you can really clean the bottom and high end and it still sounds great, alive, and things more tight. if they sell just this filters, I would buy that.

but, imho, amethyst is not the most versatile plugin. the best word to describe it is smooth. and this applies to everything, as I said, to the filters this characteristics is great, but sometimes, on the EQ, you need to achieve something edge and forward, and, in my use, I couldn't get that out of amethyst.

don't get me wrong, it is a great tools to have, you just have to couple that with others tools.
Old 11th May 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I really like the new EQ as well (from the Amek rack module). It's a great addition and really easy to get great results with.

Here's a little audio clip that demonstrates just how quickly you can get some subtle yet significant results.

These were the exact settings (run in dual-mono configuration).

The power and subtlety of the EQ can be especially heard from 0:27 onwards when the high frequency stuff comes in.
Attached Files

OriginalAudioClip.mp3 (1.86 MB, 16583 views)

Amethyst3-Example.mp3 (1.86 MB, 16574 views)

Old 11th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Interesting.

Let's see what the paying beta team has to report this time around.

Old 11th May 2017
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
What about aax trial for Windows?
There is aax version for comp module only.
Old 11th May 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is the new eq a 9098 eq ?
Old 11th May 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oversight ➡️
Interesting.

Who in the world would pay to be on a beta-team ?
Old 11th May 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdilletteMan ➡️
Who in the world would pay to be on a beta-team ?
Nobody.
Old 11th May 2017
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Very fine update, the new eq is really smooth, compressor is very very good too (sounds way better than in V2).
Thanks for this great update Acustica
Old 11th May 2017
Here for the gear

Wow, pretty psyched to try this one out. Looks like great updates in coreX as well. Amethyst2 was one of the first Acustica Audio plugins I tried like 6 months ago. I remember I Really liked the pre's, compressor and the filters. Didn't become friends with the eq then so I didn't buy it. But I've noticed that there's absolutely a learning curve to ALL the Acustica Audio plugins. Much more so compared to algo plugins, witch to me all seems pretty generic and all of them behaves basically the same way. I feel that especially with the different aqua compressors I need to learn how they all behave, on witch sources they work good on and how much or little to use them. I've noticed you can easily ruin a sound if you just slam a compressor on real quick and do loads of gain reduction and think it's going to sound awsome.I feel like I'm just in the beginning of learning the different aquas still after mixing like 30-40 songs with them. I've got 7-8 of them. Looks like I might have to add another one to the family.
Old 11th May 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This thing sounds really sweet!
Played with it a little. Away so only headphones, Beyer Dynamic DT770. But damn...
Love the Pre:s. And that the meter of the Pre seem to be working the way one think it would.
Wish Gold had that to, and Sand and evrything else..

The comp (strip) has a funky bug.
If you compress 5-6 db and then activate insane mode, then suddenly there is no compression at all happening.
When u deactivate it, it goes back and start compressing 5-7 db in the meter.

Awesome plugins, didnt plan on getting more in a while, but ive seem to have to bite the bullet!
Old 11th May 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This one work´s much smoother in Logic Pro X than Gold, is it the CoreX?
Old 12th May 2017
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
This plugin sounds terrible. What a waste of a time downloading it.

P.S. This is just a friendly reminder that anyone can post on this message board and the truth is I haven't even downloaded the plug in yet. Always try new software for yourself. Other people's opnions are meaningless if you like something.
Old 12th May 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 ➡️
This plugin sounds terrible. What a waste of a time downloading it.

P.S. This is just a friendly reminder that anyone can post on this message board and the truth is I haven't even downloaded the plug in yet. Always try new software for yourself. Other people's opnions are meaningless if you like something.
you just killed the entire GS industry model in a single line.

next thing someone will start comparing the accuracy of eq models with actual hw-sw graphs oO
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oversight ➡️
Interesting.

That just went completely the f*ck over my head. Anyone out there whos not giving themself the chance of hearing and using these plugins will regret it later. They are not a part of the struggle that a lot of us have been tied up with for so long, they're liberators.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizer bunny ➡️
That just went completely the f*ck over my head. Anyone out there whos not giving themself the chance of hearing and using these plugins will regret it later. They are not a part of the struggle that a lot of us have been tied up with for so long, they're liberators.
I don't doubt it and hope that Acustica continues to digested the criticism it's​ received inorder to improve its offerings along with any eventual digital platforms they invent inorder to make it happen since it serves them well.

This was requested and Acustica delivered.

No pain no gain I guesse.
Old 12th May 2017
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
So honest question: has anyone here actually ditched algorithmic plugins (e.g Slate / UAD) for Acustica? Or, has anyone been tempted to ditch, but then gone back because the difference just wasn't there - algorithmic are close enough?
Old 12th May 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I can honestly say that I don't see the point in "ditching" anything. These tools all still sound different to one another. There are instances where I've got better results from an algorithmic plugin which I also have a model in Nebula/Aqua form. This is usually the case when I just want "tiny" changes to the sound. Just like hardware, this can be really difficult to achieve with Nebula/Aqua sometimes. Whereas some "half-modeled" algorithmic plugins can be just the correct tool in such cases.

A good example would be some of the older UA plugins where the lack of super accurate emulation actually makes the plugin unique and really useful.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFX ➡️
So honest question: has anyone here actually ditched algorithmic plugins (e.g Slate / UAD) for Acustica? Or, has anyone been tempted to ditch, but then gone back because the difference just wasn't there - algorithmic are close enough?
I dont use any other plugins for EQ or compression.

I have a **** ton too. It bothers me a little that I wasted all of that money on my old plugins...
Old 12th May 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Showing some love for Amethyst3. Absolutely love it! Shorty after purchasing during the original release it kind of fell from grace. Now with the ability to use separate modules, the addition of the B equalizer and standalone compressor, combined with ability to mix filters its probably pound for the pound the best purchase on the site. The B equalizer and standalone compressor have become a favorite.

I used to dream of the day I could sell AA plugins so I could release this guy, now it would have to be from my cold dead hands

Thanks for the update.
Deleted f6fc2a4
Quote:
i stopped using vmr eq and vbc and all uad eqs and clariphonic
and waves and a bunch of others in favor of acustica. I never ditched
uad SHC which sounds absolutely terrific to me.

But then I discovered elysia museq and alpha and ircam/flux
and recently seventh heaven and izotope neutron and although there
are some nebula programs that are stronger for some material, these plugins
are killing it as far as I am concerned both in sound and functionality despite
what the devoted ones (TM) are screaming all day long around here
about acustica plugins being better than sex and some such utter
hysterical nonsense.

So, just like bmanic said, choose the tools for what they can do for you
without prejudice and without the need to "ditch" a whole class of
tools.

Oh, and i personally refuse to buy any new acustica compressors or strips
until they fix the broken meters, including amethyst, and I do not care
if its is core ten or core 100, it is ridiculous that in 2017 a company
is selling premium priced plugins where the meters are not
working.
Old 12th May 2017
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Sound and GUI are really good ! but the cpu usage still too heavy , maybe for core 25
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
I replaced IK 432 and Program 1a for Scarlet and Purple. I kept the IK SSL plugins though because of channel compression. Although I will get Sand one day to replace Slate VCC. It will be awhile though since the saturation is subtle.

Pink and Navy get used over IK and Slate's api/Neve plugins. The only thing I'm really using that isn't acustica are compressors, delays, tape and reverbs. Also, Fabfilter Pro Q for clean EQing and TDL Nova for dynamic EQ on difficult sources. I consider brickwall limiters to be a form of compressor.

Will eventually replace Slate VBC with Coral and Ultramarine when budget permits. Navy with Gold when budget permits.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
It is not really a choice to me. I can handle a lot of the problems, CPU spikes, freezing, but it gets to a point that my session just can't handle one more Acustica plugin.

So I use it primarily on buses, auxes, and very important tracks. That already gives me a huge improvement, and I'm pretty happy with that.

But, I would love to mix only with AAs. In fact, I'm facing right now this kind of "problem". I like to mix like in a console, so I tend to use one plugin on all tracks, to do some basic eq, filtering, compress a few dbs, etc. This is the first step of my mixes, and it just scratches the surface of the final result. I have some algo plugins to do that, and I'm in the process of acquiring one more, a different color.

So, I'm demoing bx_console at the moment, and that should do it for me. But, this week I did a test on a session and changed all the instances of the bx_console to the new Amethyst3, and tried to roughly match the two. Bounced the track and... yep, I prefer the Amethyst one, not by much, but still.

But, it was a total workflow killer to me. My buses and auxes was already full of AA plugins, and each track that I adjusted on the Amethyst I had to freeze it.

At the end of the day, I decided to buy bx_console, even knowing that it is not, imho, the best sounding plugin of the two.
Old 13th May 2017
Deleted 04d60e1
I stopped using Slates VCC. I used to use the API setting, lowest input and adjusting the drive to get the harmonics I wanted. But now since my first step in mixing is applying some type of Nebula chain with preamps, consoles, and sometimes tape, to all channels, the extra saturation from VCC isn't needed.
Old 13th May 2017 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh ➡️
At the end of the day, I decided to buy bx_console, even knowing that it is not, imho, the best sounding plugin of the two.
bx_console is great. If you haven't actually bought it already, it will be on sale next weekend.
Old 13th May 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 ➡️
The only thing I'm really using that isn't acustica are compressors, delays, tape and reverbs.
We'll second that. Wish we had even one delay and reverb modeled. We're even trying to use their compressors now too. Amethyst 3, Coral, Titanium and Tan are what we're trying to understand and use. For us, it's a different learning curve over algorithm based compression but well worth the time and effort. The sound. That's all we can say, the sound. Amazing.

Amethyst 3 was purchased about 10 minutes into demoing it. One hell of a deal for everything you get. The sound is freaking amazing as always. The quality of the compressor matches the filters and eq's. They all sound extremely smooth and sweet. There were no issues downloading and authorizing it either. The new CoreX tech seems to help with CPU/RAM consumption. The desktop tracks real time with Amethyst3 on the mix buss. The one demo has 180 tracks (ridiculous we know) and no lag or audio drop outs. It also rendered quicker than any of the other AA programs. CoreX is an upgrade were you see the difference immediately.
Great job Acustica Audio. Looking forward to seeing what's in store for 2017.
📝 Reply