The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Out Now: Zynaptiq WORMHOLE Otherworldly Audio Effects Processor
Old 3rd April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Out Now: Zynaptiq WORMHOLE Otherworldly Audio Effects Processor

Dear fellow Gearslutz,
it's OUT

Hannover, April 2nd, 2017: Zynaptiq announces the immediate availability of WORMHOLE, their otherworldly multi-effects processor plugin. They will be showing WORMHOLE at their Musikmesse booth C50, Hall 9.0, in Frankfurt, Germany, April 5-8, 2017.

From*beautifully shimmering detuned guitar widening and glassy ambient octave-shift tails, to surreal ambiences, starship drones, alien, monster, and robot voices β€”*WORMHOLE*is Zynaptiq’s new indispensable multi-effects powerhouse for sound designers, music producers and film composers alike. Combining ultra-clean pitch/frequency shifting, eccentric spectral warping, dual lush reverbs, and unique structural dry/wet morphing, WORMHOLE delivers sounds so unearthly you’ll swear they’re from a parallel universe.

The key WORMHOLE features at a glance:
  • High-quality multi-effects processing, ranging*from the sublime to the extreme.
  • SHIFT: unique topology*combined pitch-/frequency-shifting module with SMOOTH, TIGHT, and two*DETUNE modes – and a distinct, pristine sound.
  • WARP spectral inversion &*warping module.
  • Dual lush randomized hall reverbs.
  • Unique dry/wet morphing.*
  • Ultra-wide*+- 4 octaves*pitch-shift and +-4000Hz frequency shift range, fully aliasing free,*with near-perfect*carrier and side-band attenuation.

WORMHOLE supports all common sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz depending on available CPU resources, mono-in-stereo-out and stereo-stereo operation, as AAX native, AU, RTAS, VST 2.4 and VST 3, on Mac & Windows.

Zynaptiq GmbH, based in Hannover, Germany, creates audio software based on pattern recognition, source separation, perceptual modelling and other advanced technologies, and is also known for their critically acclaimed ADAPTIVERB, UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP, PITCHMAP, MORPH and UNMIX::DRUMS plugins.

WORMHOLE is available now from the Zynaptiq website and authorized resellers worldwide, individually as well as as part of the ZAP II and DESIGN bundles. From April 2nd to April 30th, 2017, a special time-limited introductory price of USD 149 / EUR 169* is available, after which the regular SRP is USD 179/EUR 199*.

* All prices in EUR are quoted inclusive of 19% German VAT

For more information please visit the product website at
zynaptiq: WORMHOLE
Old 3rd April 2017
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Can the pitchshifter in WORMHOLE be MIDI controlled like the notepitches of a classic monophonic synthesizer ?
Preferably a (000 to 127) midi note semitone range.

I don't mean to control the pitchshift (parameter) with a midi keyboard,
because of parameter (scaling errors) that can occur when linking it to the (Fruity Keyboard Controller) plugin.
Old 3rd April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Bought!
Old 4th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedinhopy ➑️
Can the pitchshifter in WORMHOLE be MIDI controlled like the notepitches of a classic monophonic synthesizer ?
Preferably a (000 to 127) midi note semitone range.

I don't mean to control the pitchshift (parameter) with a midi keyboard,
because of parameter (scaling errors) that can occur when linking it to the (Fruity Keyboard Controller) plugin.
No, it doesn't have MIDI note input. Interesting thought.
Old 4th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The ambient capabilities of this processor are otherworldly indeed.
Definitely another stunning achievement by Zynaptiq.
This company redefines music creation for me.

Also, some great bundles have been launched, including a Design bundle with Adaptiverb, Morph 2 and Wormhole.
Old 4th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
My first encounter with Wormhole, processing a female vocal phrase (it's always good to start with vocals, as we all know how a voice usually sounds)...too early for a verdict, needs more mangling.

Old 4th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Processing some simple modal piano noodling with Wormhole using a series of custom presets.

Old 4th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have Pitchmap and Morph 2, what is the price for a loyal cutomer to buy Wormhole?

Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampleconstruct ➑️
My first encounter with Wormhole, processing a female vocal phrase (it's always good to start with vocals, as we all know how a voice usually sounds)...too early for a verdict, needs more mangling.

bet you'll have fun with this and Halion 6!

This is looking enticing as their products usually are.
Old 4th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
No iloc2 (I have iloc 1) so cant try it....
Old 4th April 2017
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Seems like i have to upgrade my computer CPU to be able to use (WORMHOLE) effectively within my DAW.

Specifically when setting the (WARP DEPTH) parameter to very low values.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedinhopy ➑️
Seems like i have to upgrade my computer CPU to be able to use (WORMHOLE) effectively within my DAW.

Specifically when setting the (WARP DEPTH) parameter to very low values.
I'm using WORMHOLE on a measly 8GB MacBook with a 1.3 GHz Intel Core M and having lots of fun
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC ➑️
You don't need a physical iLok, just activate to your computer:

"You can activate the trial or the full version to your computer or to an optional iLok 2 USB device" (from the WORMHOLE Downloads page).
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer ➑️
I'm using WORMHOLE on a measly 8GB MacBook with a 1.3 GHz Intel Core M and having lots of fun
I have this:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU
Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
3.10 GHz, 8,00 GB of RAM
Old 5th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Goekdag ➑️
WORMHOLE is available now from the Zynaptiq website and authorized resellers worldwide, individually as well as as part of the ZAP II and DESIGN bundles. From April 2nd to April 30th, 2017, a special time-limited introductory price of USD 149 / EUR 169* is available, after which the regular SRP is USD 179/EUR 199*.

* All prices in EUR are quoted inclusive of 19% German VAT

For more information please visit the product website at
zynaptiq: WORMHOLE
Great news! I was really waiting for this release. First attempts were great fun, what it does to voices so effortlessly is scary..

Last edited by schmuck; 5th April 2017 at 09:22 PM..
Old 6th April 2017
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Is it supporting multithreading ?
Old 6th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Experimenting further with Wormhole, processing a sequence I programmed with one of my industrial Groove Agent kits.

Old 6th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sweet.
Have look at this guitar oriented vid:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xngdzLF8fQ0
And piano with drums:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CxhcKs__kAM
Old 6th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by exwel ➑️
I have Pitchmap and Morph 2, what is the price for a loyal cutomer to buy Wormhole?

Am i out of line to ask? or is there no discount only early excess discount?
Old 6th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
There seems to be a bundle named Design, if you own Adaptiverb and Morph you can upgrade for $99 USD, get a new license for the bundle and the other two licenses become invalid.
Old 7th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just trying this out in Ableton Live 9.7 and noticing that even with my buffer set to 2ms as soon as I add Wormhole my latency drops to the point I can't play in time with the track anymore. It happens even if Wormhole is only on an adjacent track. I don't have it as a send just an insert. Track one is dry piano and track 2 is guitar audio with Wormhole inserted on it. I hit a piano note there is a noticeable delay before I hear the piano note. I delete the guitar Wormhole and the piano latency is normal again.
Old 9th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Really really really good.
Old 9th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I tried Wormhole on a different Ableton project and same thing. It's inserted on one track but the timing of another track which doesn't have Wormhole is affected. Any other Ableton users experiencing this?
Old 10th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC ➑️
You don't need an actual hardware iLok – you can use HD activation, too :-)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
No, you're not out of line to ask
There are a variety of upgrade paths depending on what you already have, intended specifically for loyal customers. For example, if you already have everything else, you can do the ZAP +3 upgrade to ZAP II, adding WORMHOLE for $69 (during the intro period). Or, users that have ADAPTIVERB and MORPH 2 can upgrade to the DESIGN bundle at $89.

We don't currently have an upgrade path from MORPH + PITCHMAP. That said, I'd suggest you send us an email about what you have and what you'd like to add – we're constantly evaluating whether we've missed some important combinations
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan ➑️
Just trying this out in Ableton Live 9.7 and noticing that even with my buffer set to 2ms as soon as I add Wormhole my latency drops to the point I can't play in time with the track anymore. It happens even if Wormhole is only on an adjacent track. I don't have it as a send just an insert. Track one is dry piano and track 2 is guitar audio with Wormhole inserted on it. I hit a piano note there is a noticeable delay before I hear the piano note. I delete the guitar Wormhole and the piano latency is normal again.
WORMHOLE does introduce latency. Depending on what modules you use, the latency varies. Even low buffer sizes don't change the fact that there's a latency incurred. Some of what the plugin does – the spectral warp and the morphing in particular – needs to "look" at a certain amount of signal in order to do what it does.
When you say "play in time", do you mean you're playing a MIDI keyboard?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
WORMHOLE does introduce latency. Depending on what modules you use, the latency varies. Even low buffer sizes don't change the fact that there's a latency incurred. Some of what the plugin does – the spectral warp and the morphing in particular – needs to "look" at a certain amount of signal in order to do what it does.
When you say "play in time", do you mean you're playing a MIDI keyboard?
Yes playing notes on a midi keyboard there is a big lag between hitting the note and hearing the audio. Even if Wormhole is not processing the piano track I'm playing. It might just be needing too much CPU for my computer. I notice it uses a lot of CPU like Adaptiverb. Not a complaint just an observation - they're both powerful FX processors.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
No, you're not out of line to ask
There are a variety of upgrade paths depending on what you already have, intended specifically for loyal customers. For example, if you already have everything else, you can do the ZAP +3 upgrade to ZAP II, adding WORMHOLE for $69 (during the intro period). Or, users that have ADAPTIVERB and MORPH 2 can upgrade to the DESIGN bundle at $89.

We don't currently have an upgrade path from MORPH + PITCHMAP. That said, I'd suggest you send us an email about what you have and what you'd like to add – we're constantly evaluating whether we've missed some important combinations

I reckon we could be some users of ADAPTIVERB that would like to add WORMHOLE to our arsenal, a discount could help that

::
Mads
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung ➑️
I reckon we could be some users of ADAPTIVERB that would like to add WORMHOLE to our arsenal, a discount could help that

::
Mads
Yeah, I'm thinking ADAPTIVERB -> DESIGN would be kinda cool. I'll see what we can do!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yeah, I'm thinking ADAPTIVERB -> DESIGN would be kinda cool. I'll see what we can do!
That would be a great upgrade plan. People who already have Adaptiverb sure feel the lust for Morph 2 and Wormhole.
πŸ“ Reply