The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Analog Obsession Releases TR-EQ
Old 12th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunca ➑️
That could be great.
Emailed you a video. It was actually the FILTEQ I was having an issue with. Not the TR-EQ as I haven't tried that yet. I apologise for the confusion.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oracle ➑️
Emailed you a video. It was actually the FILTEQ I was having an issue with. Not the TR-EQ as I haven't tried that yet. I apologise for the confusion.
Thanks but i can't see attachment.I'm PMing my personal email.Send it to personal email please.

I can't see because of MailEnable,i guess.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thanks but i can't see attachment.I'm PMing my personal email.Send it to personal email please.

I can't see because of MailEnable,i guess.
Sent!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Pro tools wont load Treq and a few others (AAX 64).
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyBCN ➑️
I think it's the unique blend of attitude x clarity, for me. Dig in with it, especially those mids on guitars. Stacking up the HPF on the other tracks seems to put the kick right up front and keep it there. It can do energy and attitude, and still be nice and hi-fi all at once.

Sure, it's no magic box or golden ear. But I like it's particular footprint on my music. No problems using it for anything, really.

Have you tried it much yet? Any thoughts?
Hey Stoney,

I have had a couple days with TReq. Its really hard to describe sonically but it is surely hifi. Ive read that the console is a bit hazy compared to the 500 series being more hifi which seems spot on. It strikes me as an eq that you could want on every channel to fit everything together. Placing the Hpf on eveything except the low end elements helps keep the low end tight. I really really like it. Definitely need more time with it but Im really impressed.

Im hoping for a SSL 611, Portico 5033, and A designs peq and I think im good on my itb channel eqs thanks to Tunca.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay ➑️
Im hoping for a SSL 611, Portico 5033, and A designs peq and I think im good on my itb channel eqs thanks to Tunca.
Didn't he say the he IS working on 5033 and it's going to take a couple of months ? (cause he's "starting from scratch")

Y'know, It's a little funny in the digital realm : you (that is - WE) find a developer that you like the sound of his plugs...
Then you go about asking him to develop an emulation of every imaginable exotic (or otherwise) gear in existence.

Funny world
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay ➑️
Hey Stoney,

I have had a couple days with TReq. Its really hard to describe sonically but it is surely hifi. Ive read that the console is a bit hazy compared to the 500 series being more hifi which seems spot on. It strikes me as an eq that you could want on every channel to fit everything together. Placing the Hpf on eveything except the low end elements helps keep the low end tight. I really really like it. Definitely need more time with it but Im really impressed.

hey Asher

yup, I totally agree; this is most likely the 500-series design, the one that came out under the actual Trident brand just a few years ago. It's an 80c EQ section in a rack. Clear info is hard to come by these days, so all of this is only AFAIK, but here goes... Of all the revisions there were two particularly common versions of the Series 80 EQ. The original had a single op-amp for the two mid bands, which meant they'd interfere with each other in a really strange (but many say very musical) way. Softube nailed that behaviour on their excellent Trident A Range plugin, to offer an example. By the time of the 80c revision, this had been fixed to some extent on certain modules, and a voltage drop before the EQ was sometimes used to increase the headroom and run it a little cleaner (hey, it was the 80's by then, hehe). The 500 series is a continuation of that revision.

As far as 80 Series EQ' s go, that's the little I know. So this is the cleaner, more well-behaved 500 revision being modelled here, from what both of us can tell.

But like Tunca said, the console has crazy-good Mic and Line amps, with big-ass transformers driving them. Those then feed the EQ, and then the signal hits all the other electronics and the fader, then another transformer on the way out of the channel. The 500-series is just the EQ chunk from the middle of all that, probably electronically-balanced in/out (no transformers, etc)...

I like this component-level modelling, like Tunca is doing. It's the reason his stuff sounds and behaves extremely close to the real gear, where others are sometimes way off. Interesting times ahead
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyBCN ➑️
hey Asher

yup, I totally agree; this is most likely the 500-series design, the one that came out under the actual Trident brand just a few years ago. It's an 80c EQ section in a rack. Clear info is hard to come by these days, so all of this is only AFAIK, but here goes... Of all the revisions there were two particularly common versions of the Series 80 EQ. The original had a single op-amp for the two mid bands, which meant they'd interfere with each other in a really strange (but many say very musical) way. Softube nailed that behaviour on their excellent Trident A Range plugin, to offer an example. By the time of the 80c revision, this had been fixed to some extent on certain modules, and a voltage drop before the EQ was sometimes used to increase the headroom and run it a little cleaner (hey, it was the 80's by then, hehe). The 500 series is a continuation of that revision.

As far as 80 Series EQ' s go, that's the little I know. So this is the cleaner, more well-behaved 500 revision being modelled here, from what both of us can tell.

But like Tunca said, the console has crazy-good Mic and Line amps, with big-ass transformers driving them. Those then feed the EQ, and then the signal hits all the other electronics and the fader, then another transformer on the way out of the channel. The 500-series is just the EQ chunk from the middle of all that, probably electronically-balanced in/out (no transformers, etc)...

I like this component-level modelling, like Tunca is doing. It's the reason his stuff sounds and behaves extremely close to the real gear, where others are sometimes way off. Interesting times ahead
Awesome info Stoney thanks. Yes I reading that mid bands on the console acted quite uniquely kinda like a pair of ping pong balls in cup with water. Pushing down one the other reacts accordingly. Interesting stuff. Im a huge eq nerd so I appreciate the insight.
Deleted User
Important message:

Analog Obsession Releases TR-EQ-au-version.png
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den ➑️
Important message:

Attachment 652410

I have some strange issues with AU version.Still working on it...
Old 15th April 2017
Lives for gear

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Moving knobs on this creates crackles in Studio One. Also, how do the demo limitations work? Seems like processing stopped very quickly. Would help to list the limitations on the website or documentation.
Old 15th April 2017 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot ➑️
Moving knobs on this creates crackles in Studio One. Also, how do the demo limitations work? Seems like processing stopped very quickly. Would help to list the limitations on the website or documentation.
Thanks for feedback.

After 20 minutes,plugin will reset parameters.

I didn't get any issue like this with S1 from testers and other customers.I will re-check it.

Thanks.
Old 16th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
What's next in the EQ section of AO ?

Last edited by A Tan; 16th April 2017 at 03:55 PM..
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tan ➑️
What's next in the EQ section of OB ?
I didn't understand your question.What did you mean?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Are there more EQs in development ?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tan ➑️
Are there more EQs in development ?
Portico 5033 and ADM 1540 in development.
Old 16th April 2017
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Also don't forget this one.

Old 17th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Also don't forget this one.

IS THAT THE FEARN?
Old 18th April 2017
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I fixed AAX knob issues.Will be released soon updated versions.
Old 18th April 2017
Deleted e71ab78
Hi Tunca,

Do you know roughly when the au will be available for this?
Old 18th April 2017 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklo ➑️
Hi Tunca,

Do you know roughly when the au will be available for this?
I'm still working on AU version.I can't figure it out.It has validation issue.But other plugins have no.I guess i have to re-write it from start with new project.
Old 18th April 2017
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
AO is doing a great job.

I use the freebie EQ on everything new I am producing; and got impressed and like the fact that the CPU load is lighter compared to what Acustica currently delivers.

Great when a new developer injects some new blood into the development cycles; keeps the demand in the supply more interesting.

...... ...... ......

Sincerely,
Useg Diaz-Granados
www.oversightentertainment.se
Old 18th April 2017
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
All AAX versions updated.NO more knob issue.
Old 10th August 2017
Deleted 26a1ab3
AU?
Old 27th September 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
All AAX versions updated.NO more knob issue.
Any news on v2, Tunca?
πŸ“ Reply