Quantcast
Lindell 506 Power MkII & 510 Power MkII - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lindell 506 Power MkII & 510 Power MkII
Old 28th December 2016

🎧 15 years
Lindell 506 Power MkII & 510 Power MkII

At Namm 2017, January 19th we are launching our newly updated power chassis.

Catalogue here:

Lindell MkII Power Chassis

Upgrades are:

Mix/Feed switches between the channels. Mix one channel into the other without cables
dSub I/O's
External power supply
Added filtering on +/-16V and 48V rails
Newly designed pcb

Video here:

In stock and ships now.....
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
These MKII version looks very tempting and love the D-SUB add-on and Feed feature.

Also great work on the website, really amazing, navigating through the Lindell site now with a 40" screen 4K Ultra HD and man your website adjust to the full resolution its beautiful. The Presentation of the MKII product is well done ;_)

Looking forward a 500 series chasis next year, this will be in my bucket list ;-)

Happy holidays @ Lindell
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
the feed through!
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i have the old one and it all works great. What does added filtering do?
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Prices in €€€???
Old 31st December 2016

🎧 15 years
Retail prices in $ USD is:
510 Power MkII - $599
506 Power MkII - $399
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
omg im so upset i just got the 506 havent had it 3 months lol thats the way technology is
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Out of interest, why isn't there an 8-slot unit on offer? D-Sub + XLR connectors is a wonderful idea w/regards to easy transportability between a stationary setup and travel, but no 8-slot unit to match the 8xIO of the dsub connectors?

Looks really good otherwise!
Old 4th January 2017 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexK ➑️
Out of interest, why isn't there an 8-slot unit on offer? D-Sub + XLR connectors is a wonderful idea w/regards to easy transportability between a stationary setup and travel, but no 8-slot unit to match the 8xIO of the dsub connectors?

Looks really good otherwise!
Thanks!

We've been stuck in the old standards where 6 and 10 slot where the norms... dSub came later I guess.... But yeah, I agree a 8 slot for the same money is a good idea. Just like API did.
Old 4th January 2017
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Another interest : You put "external PSU" as an upgrade. Mobile Set Up wise i would have preferred internal PSU. You put it as an upgrade because it improves signal/noise ratio etc ?
Old 4th January 2017
Deleted cde5ad5
Having an external power supply is always better, you're moving the most noisy thing away from your modules.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted cde5ad5 ➑️
Having an external power supply is always better, you're moving the most noisy thing away from your modules.
Plus you can carry a spare with you as a backup. I've had both internal and external PSUs go bang on me, and IMO an external is advantageous...
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I ordered the 506 mkII from my local music shop here in Canada and I anxiously await for its arrival... Super anxiously actually, because after nearly 20 years of working ITB as far as processing goes, this will be my first outboard experience - long overdue, and well deserved.

I got a couple 500 series modules over the holidays, and can't wait to get them housed in the 506mkII. Though it IS torture to stare at the modules day after day, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Thanks Lindell, for making such an interesting product!
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Where can i get this in the Uk ?
Old 9th January 2017
Here for the gear

Those look nice!

I have one 506 MkI that I need to replace for 2 510s and Live work.

If theyΒ΄re as good as Mk1 IΒ΄m set for 510 Mk2
Old 12th January 2017 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Child ➑️
Where can i get this in the Uk ?
SCV Distribution is our new UK distributor.

Old 13th January 2017
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Is the 506 mkII in stock and shipping right now as well? I ordered one through my local music shop here in Canada a couple of weeks ago, but they have no ETA for me as of yet.

Very much looking forward to it...
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Looks great.
Rack mountable?
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
great lindell!
Old 20th January 2017 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge ➑️
Looks great.
Rack mountable?
Hi, yeah the 510 comes with rack ears.
Old 20th January 2017 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell ➑️
Hi, yeah the 510 comes with rack ears.
Great
Any LA dealers with stock?
Old 26th January 2017
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
If anyone could kindly direct me to where I can purchase the 506 Power MKII, preferably within Canada (but not limited to), that'd be great - thanks!

If the 506 is not available anywhere yet for some reason, anyone with insight on an ETA would be really helpful - again, thank you!
Old 27th January 2017 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by think2wice ➑️
If anyone could kindly direct me to where I can purchase the 506 Power MKII, preferably within Canada (but not limited to), that'd be great - thanks!

If the 506 is not available anywhere yet for some reason, anyone with insight on an ETA would be really helpful - again, thank you!
long-mcquade and studio ekonomik are dealers in Canada. The units are on it's way to US.... will take a couple of weeks before they arrive in Canada....
Old 27th January 2017 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell ➑️
long-mcquade and studio ekonomik are dealers in Canada. The units are on it's way to US.... will take a couple of weeks before they arrive in Canada....

Thank you very much for the prompt reply, Lindell!

I pre-ordered the 506 II from Long and Mcquade, but they weren't able to give me an ETA - your info has cleared that up for me. Much appreciated.
Old 30th March 2017
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Mine finally arrived about a week ago. I'm glad I held off - it sure is a gorgeous little unit. Kudos on the design @ Lindell

I'm going to get another one of your 506 II's in the coming months and fill it with your latest modules as the price point is very easy to digest.

I have one question though. What's the best way to power it on/off ? Are people just unplugging or re-plugging the power cable in? Or should I get a power bar with an on/off switch for this task?
Old 30th March 2017 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Mine finally arrived about a week ago. I'm glad I held off - it sure is a gorgeous little unit. Kudos on the design @ Lindell

I'm going to get another one of your 506 II's in the coming months and fill it with your latest modules as the price point is very easy to digest.

I have one question though. What's the best way to power it on/off ? Are people just unplugging or re-plugging the power cable in? Or should I get a power bar with an on/off switch for this task?
Thanks for posting about the non existing on/off-switch. I was thinking of getting this, but I don't like the idea of having to connect/disconnect the plug all the time under my desk... alternatively to have a loose power 6-pin cable lying around when not in use. Hm, I have to think about it.
Old 31st March 2017 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:

Great, thanks!

Most folks have a master power on/off switch for the gear. Either in a rackmount power conditioner/switcher/etc or power socket.
Old 31st March 2017
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Thanks for that info - makes perfect sense.

My OTB experience has been really limited for some time, until recently. Guess its about time for me to think of a long term solution.
Old 6th June 2017
Jtt
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I have a basic but important question:

What is the priority level of the in/outs? do the db25 take precedence over the xlr/trs/feed forward switch? Generally how does this work?

Thanks a bunch
Old 16th February 2018
Deleted 8c17990
can somebody please tell me the width of the unit without the rack ears attached, thanks!!!
πŸ“ Reply