The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves releases Infected Mushroom "Pusher" Plug-In
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Waves releases Infected Mushroom "Pusher" Plug-In

"Pusher’s simple design offers enormous possibilities for boosting frequencies, enhancing sounds, and pushing mixes to the max."

Seriously. To the max.
http://www.waves.com/plugins/infected-mushroom-pusher
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I want to demo this,but then I read how this "will make anything sound better in seconds" and it puts me off. This and the price make me doubt if this is a serious plugin, or something for younger bedroom mixers. I'll give it a try though
Old 5th July 2016
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I wish the demo didn't just have the dudes talking about it and had some clips. Sounds like a cool tool and the price is discounted at the moment.
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 20 years
Is this part of the mercury bundle?
Old 5th July 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 20 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardis ➡️
Sounds like a cool tool
You mean like a sledgehammer?
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornvalley ➡️
You mean like a sledgehammer?
Maybe! No way of telling with the demo video being spoken word. Wondering if more of a DJ type big move pump up hyped sound thing. I'm still digesting Soundbrigade.....!
Old 5th July 2016
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Developed in tandem with L.C.D. Soundsystem (Lowest Common Denominator Soundsystem, not James Murphy)
Old 5th July 2016
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
There are demo clips on the waves website :

Infected Mushroom Pusher – Sonic Enhancer Plugin | Waves
Old 5th July 2016
Gear Addict

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
It is likely their older products (like rbass, s1, etc) put into one 'box' but for that price and added convenience factor it's a no brainer.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEng1 ➡️
Is this part of the mercury bundle?
It looks like it's not... Unless they haven't updated the info yet.
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Demoing. Very nice a bit bright. Should be very useful on busses, maybe a Mastering chain!
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Interesting new pricing strategy. Rather than wait years for the one day $29 special we can have it now for that price.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan ➡️
Interesting new pricing strategy. Rather than wait years for the one day $29 special we can have it now for that price.
Goes hand-in-hand with a new naming strategy where they call their plugins the same thing as plugins that already exist (looking at you UBK Pusher)
Old 6th July 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Let's hope this finally signals Waves reacting to the marketplace. Actually do quite like some of their more recent offerings.

Now if we can get them to do something about WUP we'll be in business.
Old 6th July 2016
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Anyone try it with PT11.3.1
Specs say PT11.3.2
Old 6th July 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack ➡️
Goes hand-in-hand with a new naming strategy where they call their plugins the same thing as plugins that already exist (looking at you UBK Pusher)
Was about to say the same thing.

Is it that hard to find a plugin name not already in use?
Old 6th July 2016
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
This is Vitamin + L2 + RBass + Aphex +2 One Knob plugins. The same chain. Try it.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kite ➡️
This is Vitamin + L2 + RBass + Aphex +2 One Knob plugins. The same chain. Try it.
If that's really the case, $29 looks like bargain of the century!

I will have to try this tonight
Deleted 53763de
Quote:
Possibly, but I hope not in that order.
Old 6th July 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I wonder when reality will catch up and both developer and consumer fo these types of products suddenly realize that great sound does not involve "boost" and "enhance" as much as "cut" and "balance".
Old 6th July 2016
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
From what I can gather, it seems that this is not part of any of the Waves bundles. Does anyone know if it is?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
+ large fries
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by melopie ➡️
I wonder when reality will catch up and both developer and consumer fo these types of products suddenly realize that great sound does not involve "boost" and "enhance" as much as "cut" and "balance".
That day will come when the consumer realizes he/she should hire a professional.

In other words, never.

- c
Old 6th July 2016
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Well there really are two ways to think about this stuff:

1) This fits the muzak for the Instagram instant filter generation.
Got a sick beat dude. Throw some **** on it that makes it louder..woaaaaahhh siiiiick.
At 29$ we can alll agee that the professional is not the intended market traget for this. I say good on'ya Waves for reaching out to consumer/hobbyists as well. I mean it! No irony or sarcasm intended.

2) But also, how many "knbobs" does an LA-2A have again??? Exactly. I now the LA-2A was never marketed as "everything will sound better" tool but you still get me I hope.
Don't hate the hammer, hate the fact the boy choose the biggest hammer for a tiny, tiny nail.

For me personally , I don't need/wantit and I think most of the users here think the same way. If you want unique you need to use unique tools in unique ways. This pusher might be too simple/similar in most cases.
Then again, our job supposedly is to come up with sounds these kind of plugins try to copy and sell to the kids in the first place, right??
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannymac ➡️
Well there really are two ways to think about this stuff:

1) This fits the muzak for the Instagram instant filter generation.
Got a sick beat dude. Throw some **** on it that makes it louder..woaaaaahhh siiiiick.
At 29$ we can alll agee that the professional is not the intended market traget for this. I say good on'ya Waves for reaching out to consumer/hobbyists as well. I mean it! No irony or sarcasm intended.

2) But also, how many "knbobs" does an LA-2A have again??? Exactly. I now the LA-2A was never marketed as "everything will sound better" tool but you still get me I hope.
Don't hate the hammer, hate the fact the boy choose the biggest hammer for a tiny, tiny nail.

For me personally , I don't need/wantit and I think most of the users here think the same way. If you want unique you need to use unique tools in unique ways. This pusher might be too simple/similar in most cases.
Then again, our job supposedly is to come up with sounds these kind of plugins try to copy and sell to the kids in the first place, right??
This is how people end up with secret weapons! Instead of subscribing to ideas like it can't be professional if it's cheap or the marketing means it's not a serious tool. Then someone uses it in a way not even described in the marketing and everyone is trying to figure out how to get that New secret sound. Assumptions are dangerous in music. Similar products to Mixcentric with a different voicing and more adjustability. Is one better than the other? No. Depends on the job.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn ➡️
This is how people end up with secret weapons! Instead of subscribing to ideas like it can't be professional if it's cheap or the marketing means it's not a serious tool. Then someone uses it in a way not even described in the marketing and everyone is trying to figure out how to get that New secret sound. Assumptions are dangerous in music. Similar products to Mixcentric with a different voicing and more adjustability. Is one better than the other? No. Depends on the job.
Excellent response and absolutely what I tried to express in my number 2) up there
I will never say a tool can't be professional based on its price tag. All I said was that this certainly is marketed for a user group that is not necessarily here in huge numbers and there is a certain cynicism arround here for tools that have few knobs but do a lot behind the hood I'm not hating on this or any tool for that matter. It is just that this is not in line with my taste in music. No wrong or right there, just subjective

My assumption that this isn't for me is based on me demoing it.
I do mostly acoustic and rock music and this offers treatment and sonic options that are not my taste and I also feel that this has too much focus on a particular sound it is trying to achieve. It does that well, i'm sure but it isn't for me. Again, if you come up with something different my respect and more power to you.
Old 6th July 2016
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
i think it really really sucks the are stealing UBK's name for this. For that alone I wouldn't buy it. Sorry to put this downer on an announcement thread, but really shows no class.......I like the idea of a simple tool to jazz things up, but too bad they went that route.....No respect......
Old 6th July 2016
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
It's almost as if the bedroom hobbyist market is much bigger than the pro market...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardis ➡️
i think it really really sucks the are stealing UBK's name for this. For that alone I wouldn't buy it. Sorry to put this downer on an announcement thread, but really shows no class.......I like the idea of a simple tool to jazz things up, but too bad they went that route.....No respect......
Do you feel the same way about Axis IP being 'stolen' from API?

It happens liberally everywhere across the industry.

This is not a big deal.
Old 6th July 2016
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I don't understand some of these responses. I think perhaps we have lost the plot? It is a tool. It does not appear to be for certain styles of music agreed. However I find that plug in takes time to get to know abnd often will reveal things over time. Like any other tool would.
📝 Reply