Quantcast
Bounce - Transparent Compressor Plugin V1.2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bounce - Transparent Compressor Plugin V1.2
Old 11th May 2016
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Bounce - Transparent Compressor Plugin V1.2

Here you go guys, by taking in some of the suggestions by you, we have updated BOUNCE to V1.2, to be even more powerful and have more control.

The Update Features:

The Beatskillz Bounce Compressor has been updated to V1.2 and now has new features.
As requested by our customers we have now added :

1. High Pass Filter Button, so now the users have the option of a High Pass Filter which can be controlled via the Range Freq control and Range Q Controls for even more control over your compression characteristsics.
2. A Sidechain Listen button has been added for users to now hear and zone into the exact frequency range and shape by auditioning the filtered signal being fed back into the compressor sidechain circuit.

Download the update here:
Bounce | BeatSkillz
Quote:
Bounce | BeatSkillz

Easy to use Great on Tracks, Busses and Mixes Add "THRUST" and "PUNCH" to your Beats Full Detection Section with Maximum Control Dry and Wet
Old 12th May 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Good update.
Old 17th May 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrogstudio ➑️
Good update.

+1.. Definitely a usefull update! Glad to see this wonderfull compressor get shown some love with updates. It's the best clean Native compressor and sort of feels like alien-technology since it definitely stands out when compared to other compressors (some costing way more). Like I said in the last thread about this compressor "it's VERY sad this compressor don't get a lot of attention considering it is pretty special". Without a famouse company name and\or vintage-emulation of revered hardware it can be hard to get attention to a new product, and when the product is a great product like this one the lack of attention doesn't reflect well on the market IMO. There's only been 3 posts in this thread but if this would've been a product by Waves, UAD, U-HE, Valhalla, Slate Digital, etc there would be 30 pages to this thread already and this compressor would've been declared king . But it is what it is, I'm just glad I found this excellently transparent compressor, a masterpiece IMB. Bounce is definitely my favorite Native compressor that's clean, transparent and natural sounding. The developer has rare and true talent.

EDITED

Last edited by Sounddesigner; 17th May 2016 at 02:20 AM..
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounddesigner ➑️
+1.. Definitely a usefull update! Glad to see this wonderfull compressor get shown some love with updates. It's the best clean Native compressor and sort of feels like alien-technology since it definitely stands out when compared to other compressors (some costing way more). Like I said in the last thread about this compressor "it's VERY sad this compressor don't get a lot of attention considering it is pretty special". Without a famouse company name and\or vintage-emulation of revered hardware it can be hard to get attention to a new product, and when the product is a great product like this one the lack of attention doesn't reflect well on the market IMO. There's only been 3 posts in this thread but if this would've been a product by Waves, UAD, U-HE, Valhalla, Slate Digital, etc there would be 30 pages to this thread already and this compressor would've been declared king . But it is what it is, I'm just glad I found this excellently transparent compressor, a masterpiece IMB. Bounce is definitely my favorite Native compressor that's clean, transparent and natural sounding. The developer has rare and true talent.

EDITED
feels great to be appreciated.. , I hope in time we get noticed more..

Thank you for your kind words
Old 17th May 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Awesome update!

Bounce is starting to be really robust. The only thing missing is a stereo link feature (variable amount would of course be best but a simple stereo/dual-mono button would suffice) and an improved gain reduction metering.

Anyhow, thanks for the update. It is very much appreciated! How's the tube EQ coming along?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic ➑️
How's the tube EQ coming along?
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayal9 ➑️
feels great to be appreciated.. , I hope in time we get noticed more..

Thank you for your kind words
Excellent update my friend... Good stuff indeed....
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic ➑️
Awesome update!

Bounce is starting to be really robust. The only thing missing is a stereo link feature (variable amount would of course be best but a simple stereo/dual-mono button would suffice) and an improved gain reduction metering.

Anyhow, thanks for the update. It is very much appreciated! How's the tube EQ coming along?
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it, we will ultimately make bounce into a very controllable compressor with stereo link and amount for sure Also ARC is coming. A new algorithm which controls release even further. Futuristic tech.. new/ complex way of doing this to sound great!

Valvesque is ready, testing thouroughly for last 2 months, hoping to release it by June

Thanks again for your interest

G
Old 3rd June 2016
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Here is a video of new features!

https://youtu.be/2_GlyZWNrbA
Old 27th June 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thinking about buying Bounce during the 50% off sale that is happening right now. However, before buying, I would like to measure how much (if any) aliasing occurs in Bounce by using Voxengo SPAN as described here:
Lets do it: The Ultimate Plugin Analysis Thread
Old 3rd July 2016 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 ➑️
Thinking about buying Bounce during the 50% off sale that is happening right now. However, before buying, I would like to measure how much (if any) aliasing occurs in Bounce by using Voxengo SPAN as described here:
Lets do it: The Ultimate Plugin Analysis Thread
Thats great !, we would welcome your analysis
Old 4th July 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayal9 ➑️
Thats great !, we would welcome your analysis
I decided delete my post with the SPAN graph for Bounce after reading more on the subject of aliasing by Paul Frindle and by Andy from Cytomic. I think it's okay to look at these graphs for informational purposes, but I will just rely on my ears for judging the plug in. I might add the graphs to the aliasing thread.

Last edited by Squeegee 303; 4th July 2016 at 11:07 PM..
Old 4th July 2016 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 ➑️
Let me preface this by saying: I am not at all an expert in analyzing aliasing. I might be making some mistakes in my settings here without knowing it.
Also, as has been noted by many times, by developers and users alike, aliasing does not mean a plug in sounds bad; a plug-in with zero aliasing could sound terrible, and a plug-in with fairly high aliasing could sound amazing.
However, I gave it my best shot at measuring Bounce's aliasing using Voxengo SPAN and the settings as I understood them from the thread mentioned above. The settings for the test are supposed to be:
Fastest attack and release times
Highest level of compression
0 dB make-up gain
6 dB of gain reduction
(And I from what I gathered, the hardest knee and set for peak, not RMS).
Bounce does not have dB readings for gain reduction in the plug-in window, but I was able to determine the amount of gain reduction by reading the channel's meter in logic.
As per Andy of Cytomic's recommendation, I used a sine wave test tone at 993 Hz in a 44.1k session (a 1k test tone is easier for plug-ins to process without aliasing at 44.1k).
I tweaked SPAN's setting to get a closer detail on aliasing.
Bounce does seem to have some aliasing at these extreme settings. It does not seem to be the worst or the best compared to other compressors in terms of aliasing.
I will include pictures of aliasing from three other plug-ins: PSP oldTimer, Waves Renaissance Compressor, and Logic's Compressor in Platinum Digital mode.
The order of the pictures is 1. Bounce, 2. OldTimer, 3. Renaissance Compressor, 4. Logic Platinum Digital Compressor.
I have to say thanks firstly for doing the experiment .., but would like to add that Bounce has a detector circuit always in action.., so the setting you had for range, q, and high pass mode etc will also affect the result.. and hence the graphs here are not the result of aliasing alone.. but other factors as well.

Bounce does upsampling internally in order to get the transparent results that we do...
Old 6th July 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Tried it and it's a brilliant compressor plugin. It really is transparent, doesn't affect the tone of the target audio whatsoever, tried it on full mix, vocals and drum buss. DOn't think I have anything else capable of doing quite what it does so I'm going to have to drop on it.. oh well..
Old 6th July 2016
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
How does this compressor compare to the TDR comp?
Old 6th July 2016 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 6th Beatle ➑️
Tried it and it's a brilliant compressor plugin. It really is transparent, doesn't affect the tone of the target audio whatsoever, tried it on full mix, vocals and drum buss. DOn't think I have anything else capable of doing quite what it does so I'm going to have to drop on it.. oh well..
Ha ha.. thank you.. happy that you gave it a shot , as you have discovered, it is truly 'transparent"

Old 6th July 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarra ➑️
How does this compressor compare to the TDR comp?
Not having shot them out, as it were, and I assuming you're meaning TDR Kotelnikov, whilst it's transparent, it sounds as if the signal is being compressed at higher gain reduction and my initial reaction to Bounce is that, other than obvious changes in dynamics you'd expect it doesn't sound like you are slamming a compressor. It seems to avoid that.

Bare in mind that I've only had a session with it, but I was impressed in slamming a fairly dynamic vocal track and other than a levelling effect there was no audible change to the character of the vocal that I could detect. It didn't get super aggressive like you'd expect or spitty.

Intial impression so take with a pinch of salt mate...
Old 6th July 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
After a quick play, I think until Bounce has accurate gain reduction meter it's pretty hard to fairly compare but TDR sounds more aggressive when pushed.

Obviously there is need for both but if you want to retain the original intention of the vocalist I think Bounce does this better IMO
Old 6th July 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Bounce definitely sounds a bit more natural to me than TDR . Something about TDR's sound that didn't convince me so I never bought the full-version and I deleted the free-version. Bounce beats every Native compressor I've tried at the combination of transparent/natural/etc except maybe Algorithmix LP SPLITcomp wich is not a valid or realistic option since it costs around $1500. Looking at all realistic options I've seen Bounce is the best one IMV. The developer of Bounce really has achieved something special in regards to clean compression, It's just hard for many people to see this since he is unknown and Bounce has not a lot of fanfare like that wich big and famous companies give. It's just a few people who dared to demo it that's singing the praises of it .

EDITED

Last edited by Sounddesigner; 6th July 2016 at 11:34 PM..
Old 25th August 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
On special right now. $29.
πŸ“ Reply