Quantcast
Acustica Audio present: Pink is the first Acqua plugin based on CORE8 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica Audio present: Pink is the first Acqua plugin based on CORE8
Old 1st April 2016
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Acustica Audio present: Pink is the first Acqua plugin based on CORE8

Pink is Acustica Audio’s newest Acqua plugin. It is a modern channel-strip equipped with 3 preamps switchable, 2 EQs sections and 1 smooth and flexible compressor.
We implemented an alternative skin system that carefully reproduce the design of each module of the plugin...

The Pink Channel-strip, which boasts excellent performance and sound quality, Is intended for any mixing needs (whole mixes, individual instruments, instrument/voice groups….only you decide the limits) while also offering greatly improved low latency use and a lower CPU consumption.
It is the result of long deliberations to make many tough choices, careful selection and research , all to give you the best sound and maximum experience without any compromises. Now we offer this great piece of gear to include in your pro-audio equipment










ink is the first Acqua plugin based on CORE8, the revolutionary upgraded multithreading technology by Acustica.
It is an optimization of Core7 in terms of high performance, it introduces new important features ( FIR-IRR algorithmic sidechain and predisposition for FIR-IRR clipper) allows to optimize performance of Acqua plug-ins.

Head here to try the public Beta as well as possibility to WIN PINK for FREE

This baby sound simply stunning. It's character defines the forward thinking of AA to bring Analog into our ITB mixing. If you loved Amethyst, this one is quite something and you'll hear it ;-)

Enjoy guys :-)
Old 1st April 2016
  #2
Lives for gear
 
mike1k's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I don't understand the "theme" unless it's an April Fools joke or something... Although it is actually on the website, and there is a real manual.....
Old 1st April 2016
  #3
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Well the product is real
We do our jokes (not only today) but they need time for being spotted.
Btw mac osx trial is in upload.
Old 1st April 2016 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
mike1k's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod ➡️
Well the product is real
We do our jokes (not only today) but they need time for being spotted.
Btw mac osx trial is in upload.
OK cool! I will have to check it out.
Old 1st April 2016
  #5
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Are you guys sure the Sounds From Space thing is not broken? The wave file inside the iso gets cut off at 3:50, in any software I tried it with. And if that's intentional, there're only 6 digits for the code before 3:50, which doesn't work as a coupon...
Old 1st April 2016
  #6
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
It is 70 minutes
Old 1st April 2016
  #7
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
My bad, the sound gets cut off at approx 30m50s, not 3:50. Yes, the whole thing is 70 minutes, but the second half is silent. I tried re-mounting the iso, re-importing the wave - nothing helps, the second part of the wave appears to be empty.
Old 1st April 2016
  #8
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Ok send a ticket. From your description this file is damaged and we are even using a cloud!!!!
There are 6 pieces of code
Old 1st April 2016 | Show parent
  #9
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod ➡️
Well the product is real
We do our jokes (not only today) but they need time for being spotted.
Btw mac osx trial is in upload.
Don't see the Mac yet
Old 1st April 2016 | Show parent
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Dusty Angel's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod ➡️
Well the product is real
We do our jokes (not only today) but they need time for being spotted.
Btw mac osx trial is in upload.
release date?
Old 1st April 2016 | Show parent
  #11
Lives for gear
 
Dusty Angel's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrogstudio ➡️
Don't see the Mac yet
+1
Old 1st April 2016
  #12
Deleted 6a619e4
Guest
This thing is sounding so beautyful!

The future is bright for Acustica Audio
Old 1st April 2016
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Patrick_'s Avatar
It's 2 files to download which is what? I always get mixed up when I have to download from AA. What's the difference between each file?
Old 2nd April 2016 | Show parent
  #14
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_ ➡️
It's 2 files to download which is what? I always get mixed up when I have to download from AA. What's the difference between each file?
there´s AAX and VST
Old 2nd April 2016
  #15
Lives for gear
 
BasariStudios's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Old 2nd April 2016 | Show parent
  #16
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak ➡️
This thing is sounding so beautyful!

The future is bright for Acustica Audio

People kept repeating

"eq and preamps are good, compressors have a good tone but compression is still not there"

so many times, I was forced to work hard on this front too.
Till a couple of days ago, nothing was working as expected. I'm extremely happy.
Old 2nd April 2016 | Show parent
  #17
Lives for gear
 
Patrick_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolib ➡️
there´s AAX and VST
So why don't they label the files AAX and VST. It's so confusing. I just ended up using the AAX version.

When I activate the pre or comp it's just stops the playback of protools.
Old 2nd April 2016
  #18
Gear Guru
 
bgood's Avatar
Goofy company...

They should've just focused all of their efforts into making fully realized plugins like this from the beginning... I get that plenty of cats love the old nebula idea, but, plenty of folks don't and this latter group was -- and remains -- turned off by AA.
Old 2nd April 2016
  #19
Lives for gear
 
BasariStudios's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
This Compressor is Amazing. I like it better then Amethyst for some reason.
Old 2nd April 2016 | Show parent
  #20
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasariStudios ➡️
This Compressor is Amazing. I like it better then Amethyst for some reason.
the Amethyst compressor is getting a huge upgrade soon

G said it was impossible to make Amethyst comp in the new release sound bad

im still gunning for Pink though even i haven't heard it yet

how is the eq`s in Pink by the way ?
Old 2nd April 2016 | Show parent
  #21
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer ➡️
the Amethyst compressor is getting a huge upgrade soon

G said it was impossible to make Amethyst comp in the new release sound bad

im still gunning for Pink though even i haven't heard it yet

how is the eq`s in Pink by the way ?
Pink is stunning, and easy to use like hardware. Core 8 has finally brought analogue compression sound and functionality into the DAW world.... I've waited a long time for this. This is a historic day, Digital audio will never be the same.

Great job AA!
Old 2nd April 2016 | Show parent
  #22
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasariStudios ➡️
This Compressor is Amazing. I like it better then Amethyst for some reason.
Maybe because this is exactly how a hardware comp sounds and works.... it's easy to get what you want from it, like hardware, lol.
Old 2nd April 2016
  #23
Gear Maniac
 
Konfus's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
looks good, I've been waiting for an alternative api!

but the winning-game.. i've spotted the code-parts really quick, but the fourth thing is impossible to understand for me. that would be for me the april fool
Old 2nd April 2016 | Show parent
  #24
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo ➡️
Pink is stunning, and easy to use like hardware. Core 8 has finally brought analogue compression sound and functionality into the DAW world.... I've waited a long time for this. This is a historic day, Digital audio will never be the same.

Great job AA!
wow thats incredible a must buy then

i think Amethyst is gonna sound a lot better too in the next release where they open up some core 8 features for the comp
so i hope to end up with two good compressors , but i will have at least one really good one in Pink comp

just have to try that beast tomorrow then hehe

Cheers
Old 2nd April 2016 | Show parent
  #25
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer ➡️
wow thats incredible a must buy then

i think Amethyst is gonna sound a lot better too in the next release where they open up some core 8 features for the comp
so i hope to end up with two good compressors , but i will have at least one really good one in Pink comp

just have to try that beast tomorrow then hehe

Cheers
I'll say this....
Pink will be the first Acqua I will buy.

It is the finest plugin channel strip I've ever heard, I'm actually floored by it. Nothing comes close, NOTHING. We have crossed a threshold with Pink and Core 8 Nebula.

I'm hard to impress, but impressed I am. I'm waiting for others to chime in because my ears tell me it is as good as any hardware API I've ever used, but my brain cannot accept that a plugin is as good as hardware.

I dialed everything in fast, like hardware, it sounded so damn good too. Know I've used a lot of API gear at many studio's, including Zac's and Interscope's Boiler Room, Pink is so spot on..... even the damn compressor. It's the FIRST plugin that sounds and works just like a hardware compressor.... I can't believe I just wrote that, lol.

If this is Core 8, then computer Pro Audio will never be the same.
I better stop talking Pink up, or pretty soon everyone will be using it!
Old 2nd April 2016 | Show parent
  #26
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo ➡️
I'll say this....
Pink will be the first Acqua I will buy.

It is the finest plugin channel strip I've ever heard, I'm actually floored by it. Nothing comes close, NOTHING. We have crossed a threshold with Pink and Core 8 Nebula.

I'm hard to impress, but impressed I am. I'm waiting for others to chime in because my ears tell me it is as good as any hardware API I've ever used, but my brain cannot accept that a plugin is as good as hardware.

I dialed everything in fast, like hardware, it sounded so damn good too. Know I've used a lot of API gear at many studio's, including Zac's and Interscope's Boiler Room, Pink is so spot on..... even the damn compressor. It's the FIRST plugin that sounds and works just like a hardware compressor.... I can't believe I just wrote that, lol.

If this is Core 8, then computer Pro Audio will never be the same.
I better stop talking Pink up, or pretty soon everyone will be using it!
i should have gone to bed many hours ago but

ok i just have to try Pink now, cant sleep without trying haha
this is gonna be fun

Cheers
Old 2nd April 2016 | Show parent
  #27
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood ➡️
Goofy company...

They should've just focused all of their efforts into making fully realized plugins like this from the beginning... I get that plenty of cats love the old nebula idea, but, plenty of folks don't and this latter group was -- and remains -- turned off by AA.
It took a decade for computer power to allow this kind of plugin to be created. You should just enjoy the great tool, stop being so negative, it makes you look very unprofessional....... again.
Old 2nd April 2016
  #28
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
where is this comp most likely to shine since you have experience with the HW Will ?

Drums seems like a no brainier since you already did that hehe,
that also make me think it could shine on vocals
and perhaps acoustic guitars
Old 2nd April 2016 | Show parent
  #29
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer ➡️
where is this comp most likely to shine since you have experience with the HW Will ?

Drums seems like a no brainier since you already did that hehe,
that also make me think it could shine on vocals
and perhaps acoustic guitars
Drums and electric guitars for sure, some acoustic guitars and maybe vocals too. API was always a little too grabby for my vocal taste, but I'll try Pink out, see how it goes.

The future is bright for AA after this. The competition has no idea what they are facing, lol.
Old 2nd April 2016
  #30
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
om my lord, this is absolutely crazy, best compressor i have heard ever on drum bus , my slate drums sounds totally alive now
if its a little grabby on the vocals paralel lcomp might do the trick hehe

im having a hard time thinking im gonna love amethyst comp more than this beast of an compressor
i still hope core 8 make amethyst comp a lot better because it can shine on vocals when you hit the right spot
the api eq`s is perfect for drums, sorry my beloved Navy but you're retired for a long time

how can someone compete with this, Acustica just made the best sounding plugin that is ever created and this is so good i dont think its possible to beat it
not on the HW Pink is based on

now im really gonna sell my uad cards, algos just became totally useless
i better upgrade to an incredible powerful computer now hehe

i just cant belive it

totally understand how you feel Will hehe

Congrats Acustica this will be your best seller of all time no doubt

this and Amethyst will be my shining stars for my music

and you made those eq`s 1db steps that is beating the HW in versitality

wow just wow

Ill be buying it in a couple of days
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 295 views: 78655
Avatar for anguswoodhead
anguswoodhead 26th March 2013
replies: 1296 views: 191142
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
replies: 4 views: 2158
Avatar for musicianof1
musicianof1 8th January 2019
replies: 910 views: 67551
Avatar for DSK
DSK 2 weeks ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump