Quantcast
First Virtual Performer Violinist available on Pre-order - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
First Virtual Performer Violinist available on Pre-order
Old 1st December 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Talking First Virtual Performer Violinist available on Pre-order - Overview Added

We are very proud to present our First ever showing of our brand New library.

For over a year we have worked on a completely new way of making Virtual Instruments. Instead of making another Virtual Instrument we have made a Virtual Performer. This is his first public performance!
We Present to you the Bohemian Violin - First ever violin performer and first in our new Soul Capture series.

No Loops, No CC, No keyswitching and No Cheating. Just playing the keyboard live!

Here is a deeper look into how our amazing virtual performer works

For more info and to pre-order visit HERE

Last edited by Virharmonic; 9th December 2015 at 05:57 PM..
Old 1st December 2015
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
That is pretty great.
Old 1st December 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Upon investigation of their site, it is obvious they have done some awesome work with vocals and violins.

They even offer a free violin (using the same Soul Capture technology??) that sound awesome:
Violin Freebie
We are definitely checking this stuff out!
Old 1st December 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Another interesting fact from their FAQ:

"Can I authorize my license on multiple computers at once?

All new purchases come with 3 activations which can be activated simultaneously on up to 3 devices. Some older licenses (pre mid 2014) may have only one activation for iLok)."

-
Old 4th December 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Thanks Guys. We are prepping more information before the release and of course we will do some walkthroughs to show how easy it is to get great violin sound with our Bohemian Violin. Exciting times ahead
Old 8th December 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
curious how the expression works. Demo sounds pretty great.
Old 8th December 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
No iLok required?

Sold!
Old 8th December 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
No Ilok Dongle Required. You still need to use the Ilok Licence manager and you get 3 activations to place where you like on what ever machine or dongle key. They can also be moved so if you need to move it to different machine you can do so yourself

Walkthrough will come today or tomorrow showing more of how it works
Old 8th December 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Any chance this will run on UVI 2.5.x rather than 2.6?
Old 8th December 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Well it will 2.5.12+ works, but you might get a pop up letting you know that some of the script used is of newer date then the version you have,but from our tests it worked fine excluding the pop up message.
Old 8th December 2015
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
First time a demo of a violin library actually makes me think I might buy it.
Old 9th December 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virharmonic ➑️
Well it will 2.5.12+ works, but you might get a pop up letting you know that some of the script used is of newer date then the version you have,but from our tests it worked fine excluding the pop up message.

Hmmm. Interesting. And thank you for the good news. I am maxed at 2.5.15 due to my OSX.
-Would I be loosing out on what makes the playability sound so good in your demos?
-Does the warning happen often or just the first time it's used in a session?

Please excuse my inquisition as yours is the first library that would require 2.6 and that version def. won't run on my system (I've already checked)

thanks again
Old 9th December 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Now in our pre-release version which was made in Falcon 1.0 when we use the encoded version in UVI Workstation 2.5.12 it pops up the script info only once - on loading of the instance- and once clicked of it doesn't appear to be coming back. In terms of play ability we didn't notice any derogatory effect on the library excluding that some animations will not play out as nicely - like transitioning between Play screen and settings screen, but those are more of cosmetic nature.

Now of course We can not guarantee full functionality as we did only quick test and the library will be officially for 2.6+ but from the few test we did it seemed to work fine, so I have to say that it is at your own risk if you know that you won't be able to update to version 2.6+. What is the factor stopping you updating? Is it old OS ?
Old 9th December 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Hi,
Curious if there is a serial number with the freebie demo? A S/N did not arrive via email and is I couldn't find it in my account anywhere. Having a bit of a challenge getting the demo going.

Thanks,
Evan
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Now in our pre-release version which was made in Falcon 1.0 when we use the encoded version in UVI Workstation 2.5.12 it pops up the script info only once - on loading of the instance- and once clicked of it doesn't appear to be coming back. In terms of play ability we didn't notice any derogatory effect on the library excluding that some animations will not play out as nicely - like transitioning between Play screen and settings screen, but those are more of cosmetic nature.

Now of course We can not guarantee full functionality as we did only quick test and the library will be officially for 2.6+ but from the few test we did it seemed to work fine, so I have to say that it is at your own risk if you know that you won't be able to update to version 2.6+. What is the factor stopping you updating? Is it old OS ?
Yep, the issue is we're on a Legacy system, OS X 10.6.8. UVI 2.5.x isn't even supported on this system but we've been running many libraries, some of which are fairly new but I don't know of any requiring 2.6, other than yours. But like Konakt, when the UVI Min Sys Req moves to OS X 10.8, there is no more overlap in what versions of those players work and what versions don't-they just don't.
If you are sure the library will show up, load, and perform to what you feel is an acceptable level in 2.5.15, then I am very interested. In fact, after having Freebie for quite awhile, I thought it sounded so good I wanted to see what else your company offers and was dissapointed there was not a full version of your Violin Library. I am glad I've asked about the version compatibility as Freebie needs only 2.5 to run and we may have simply assumed the new library would be the same. I realize there probably isn't nearly as much scripting involved so it's not a fair comparison but to avoid confusion, I do hope most will check the Sys Reqs first as I do know quite a few who still work in Snow Leopard.

After re-reading your post, would you be able to clarify what you mean when referring to Falcon (in what way is Falcon related to the library?) as Falcon will def not run on our system so that does give me pause.

Thanks again for checking into for us!
Old 9th December 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
There is no serial required for the freebie as it is free of any protection, being free and all that

Personally I think that the current release will work ok in the 2.5.12+ but we really can't guarantee that as it isn't officially scripted for that version and it would be very time consuming to fully test all the parts of the script in the older UVI versions. The library will also come with quarterly expansions and we will be using the most up to date script options to expand it, so as time goes on and the library evolves beyond what it is now, it will become more and more likely that you will need to use 2.6+. Just keep that in mind please as we don't want any disappointments later on.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Understood. and much appreciate your honesty! Yes, we've already run into that with updates in Kontakt but so far it's been workable.

thank you once more
Old 9th December 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
We have now added all the information to our website including total articulation and bow type list with this Walkthrough/Overview to show how very easy it is to write with our virtual performer.

Old 9th December 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Purchased. Video sold me. Ease of use is great. Can't wait to experiment and can't wait to hear the full quartet!
Old 9th December 2015
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
when will this be release ? i have never pre order a plugin before but this sounds like the real thing
Old 9th December 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
The library is coming out no later then 24th December. Once we start shipping we will go by order numbers to make sure that our servers can handle the load, so some might be receiving the download links 20th, some 21st and so on, but everybody will get the download links before 24th December. The Pre-Order special will also end on 24th December at midnight CET.

Thanks guys for all the kind words

Last edited by Virharmonic; 9th December 2015 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: Adding info
Old 10th December 2015
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Could you please post an audio example without the reverb engaged? I'm interested in hearing the dry samples.
Old 10th December 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Hi Tony, We will make a demo with dry samples as well before the release date

In the mean time here is a first demo from one of our beta testers. We have asked how many force keys he has used to achieve this track and the answer was - none.

https://soundcloud.com/abspirit/130-tears-1
Old 10th December 2015
DSK
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Looks really nice but have you considered making it compatible with the Seaboard Roli Rise?
Old 10th December 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Well some functions of the Seaboard might work on the violin, but many would not be required as the library is made for conventional keyboard and there would be little to no benefit using the Seaboard. Actually the whole library is designed that you don't have to control 101 things to make it sound great, so you can write with ease on normal keyboard. The concept of this controller and what type of instruments it is primarily design for and our library are too different. We have no current plans for making a library specifically for these kind of controllers as they are not wide spread among the composers and we believe that true sample based performance will deliver better sounding results then virtual vibratos or cross fading of dynamics . If this changes we will look at it of course, but at this point developing a library for these controllers is not planned.

Last edited by Virharmonic; 10th December 2015 at 12:34 PM..
Old 11th December 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The Overview Vid isn't working?
DSK
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Well some functions of the Seaboard might work on the violin, but many would not be required as the library is made for conventional keyboard and there would be little to no benefit using the Seaboard. Actually the whole library is designed that you don't have to control 101 things to make it sound great, so you can write with ease on normal keyboard. The concept of this controller and what type of instruments it is primarily design for and our library are too different. We have no current plans for making a library specifically for these kind of controllers as they are not wide spread among the composers and we believe that true sample based performance will deliver better sounding results then virtual vibratos or cross fading of dynamics . If this changes we will look at it of course, but at this point developing a library for these controllers is not planned.
Thanks for the thorough answer. Appreciated.

I think that these kinds of controllers are the future but for now I completely understand that it's not the focus as it's a expanding niche.
Bu you should take MPE (multidimensional polyphonic expression) into account and be prepared for the future as it is definitely coming.
I can get really expressive results with the Rise even from simple sounds.

The only traditional keyboards I still use in my studio are tied to instruments... for midi I transitioned to alternatives C-Thru Axis, Roli Rise and Ableton Push.

I'm in the minority I know but they seem to get the job done quicker when composing and take up less space.

Anyway you have a really nice well thought out product that seems to work really well and will follow the project closely (too bad the 99€ price is leaving for Christmas )

Would love to play it with the C-Thru though as I can really travel the octaves on that controller.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by acmusic ➑️
The Overview Vid isn't working?
Seems to work just fine for me. I've just tested it, so it should be ok. If you are having trouble seeing it on the forum try this link directly to youtube - https://youtu.be/IWOXlVH1ZNQ
Old 14th December 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Hi Guys. Another track for your ears to judge and enjoy. This one is again played in pretty much live after I played the piano line. I think that I played it twice and chose the improv I liked more. As usual I didn't use any CCs. External reverb is used on this demo.

More tracks will be coming of course during this week. Some are much faster paced as well from what I've heard

https://soundcloud.com/virharmonic/b...ondrej-pochyly
Old 14th December 2015
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Would be nice if we could buy now and get the beta instant then get the release at christmas ?
πŸ“ Reply