Quantcast
PreSonus Eris E44 and E66 MTM Monitors Provide Ultra-Wide Imaging - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PreSonus Eris E44 and E66 MTM Monitors Provide Ultra-Wide Imaging
Old 4th November 2015
  #31
Lives for gear
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
SOT....I've always wondered about monitors with dual woofers. Not critiquing Presonus and such but since I'm not a speaker builder I want to ask : " It seems that from a practical way of looking at dual monitors, that it should have twice the bass response as a single woofer design..? Say for instance, the dual 4" woofers should be equivalent of at least an eight inch driver when frequency response come into play. Yet, the E-44 only goes down to 55 hz. The E-66 only to 45 hz. You would think the E-66 should be equivalent of an 12 " woofer.Yet there are single 6" woofers that goes down to 43 hz..! What am I missing here..?...
Old 4th November 2015 | Show parent
  #32
Lives for gear
 
heraldo_jones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatchman ➡️
It seems that from a practical way of looking at dual monitors, that it should have twice the bass response as a single woofer design..?
No, they don't. The D'Appolito configuration works being the second driver as a reinforcement to make the bass tight & accurate more than going lower. If you check hifi towers there are models with 4 or 5 bass driver which go not much lower than 70-60hz, but the bass is really tight and accurate.
Old 23rd November 2015
  #33
rds
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Any idea of their date release ?
Old 23rd November 2015 | Show parent
  #34
Lives for gear
 
heraldo_jones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds ➡️
Any idea of their date release ?
Already available in USA, waiting for them in Europe. It always take 2 or 3 months to send stock to Europe.
Old 23rd November 2015 | Show parent
  #35
rds
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones ➡️
Already available in USA, waiting for them in Europe. It always take 2 or 3 months to send stock to Europe.
So lets say around January in Europe ?
Old 23rd November 2015 | Show parent
  #36
Lives for gear
 
heraldo_jones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds ➡️
So lets say around January in Europe ?
Probably
Old 24th November 2015
  #37
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
There is a Holiday sale going on for the PreSonus Eris E44 and E66 more details on the PreSonus web site. Black Friday Deals Valid 11/23/2015 - 11/30/2015
Find a PreSonus Dealer
http://blog.presonus.com/index.php/2...from-presonus/

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ErisE5 Just as an example

Last edited by John57; 24th November 2015 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: to show links
Old 24th November 2015 | Show parent
  #38
Lives for gear
 
heraldo_jones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by John57 ➡️
Here is a Holiday sale going on PreSonus Eris E44 and E66
Can you put a link?
Old 30th November 2015
  #39
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Just ordered them today for use them as 2nd monitors (my main set is B&W), i should get them next week i'll update about my first impression....
Old 30th November 2015 | Show parent
  #40
Lives for gear
 
heraldo_jones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekelm8 ➡️
Just ordered them today for use them as 2nd monitors (my main set is B&W), i should get them next week i'll update about my first impression....
Great mate! We all are waiting for your in deep review
Old 7th December 2015 | Show parent
  #41
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McCabe ➡️
Are the Eris any good in general?
I own a pair of E5s. The sound quality is good and they are quite flat, but the sweet spot is small and the bass extension is so-so. Honestly you would be better off jumping straight to the Sceptre with the way the prices are now, or going with JBL if you're on a budget.
Old 7th December 2015 | Show parent
  #42
Lives for gear
 
brucerothwell's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooberknob ➡️
I own a pair of E5s. The sound quality is good and they are quite flat, but the sweet spot is small and the bass extension is so-so. Honestly you would be better off jumping straight to the Sceptre with the way the prices are now, or going with JBL if you're on a budget.
Which JBL's?
Old 7th December 2015 | Show parent
  #43
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Jbl lsr 305/8
Old 27th December 2015
  #44
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Hey all sorry for the delay, i was out for vacation...
So i got them and i have to say WOOOWWWWW,They sound amazing (i referenced them with my BW, with friend's KRK VXT8 & dynaudio BM6A) they really sound good nice MID range with very wide stereo image, low freqs range also tight and reflect the real bass's character (i have very handled acoustic studio so maybe it helps them to sound good).
Any way for 700USD i think is my best purchase,
my rate is 9 for this monitor very like them,
If anyone have move question please ask.
Old 4th April 2016 | Show parent
  #45
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
I am looking at investing in a pair of the 44's on the basis of my percieved performance of the E5's. They might be cheap but imho they are excellent monitors. Like some of you I've tried lots of different monitors in this price point and I can tell you they are fantastic performers. They blow the yammy HS5's out of the water at the bottom end and to my ears bear no comparison with the KRK's . I'm looking forward to the improved sweet spot these MTM's offer on paper. I'd only advise those who have not tried Presonus Monitors don't be swayed by the "Crappy Cheap" comments mentioned here earlier. The fact they are cheap doesn't mean they are not good value for money. Based on my experience with the E5's and E8's I'd have no hesitation in acquiring either the E44 or E66's on a blind (Deaf lol) purchase.They do look great and will probably sound as good if you're up for taking a punt I'd say it is definately a low risk one
Old 4th April 2016 | Show parent
  #46
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McCabe ➡️
Are the Eris any good in general?
Imho they represent excellent value for money I own a pair of E5's and E8's and much prefer them to their Yamaha counterparts. There are of course better monitors out there but you'll be paying a hell of a lot more to beat the sound quality they offer .
Old 7th July 2016 | Show parent
  #47
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones ➡️
There are no faults as problems in design or similar, only that they are a Rokit sounding monitor (crappy monitors).
I think it was one of these bad days when you listened to the Eris 8 !
or maybe the room,

Source track
https://soundcloud.com/sonic-sense-p...tudio-monitors

Rockits 8
https://soundcloud.com/sonic-sense-p...tudio-monitors

Eris 8
https://soundcloud.com/sonic-sense-p...tudio-monitors

It's day and night between the two (listen and compare when the singing starts), i wonder how you managed to put them on the same level of quality !

Last edited by mirka; 7th July 2016 at 12:39 PM..
Old 7th July 2016 | Show parent
  #48
Lives for gear
 
heraldo_jones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirka ➡️
I think it was one of these bad days when you listened to the Eris 8 !
or maybe the room,

Source track
https://soundcloud.com/sonic-sense-p...tudio-monitors

Rockits 8
https://soundcloud.com/sonic-sense-p...tudio-monitors

Eris 8
https://soundcloud.com/sonic-sense-p...tudio-monitors

It's day and night between the two (listen and compare when the singing starts), i wonder how you managed to put them on the same level of quality !

These examples are as trusty as a 5$ coin . Whatever, I just said they are as accurate sounding, not similar sounding. And I can sure you the room is not the problem.
Old 7th August 2016 | Show parent
  #49
Lives for gear
 
poshook's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekelm8 ➡️
Hey all sorry for the delay, i was out for vacation...
So i got them and i have to say WOOOWWWWW,They sound amazing (i referenced them with my BW, with friend's KRK VXT8 & dynaudio BM6A) they really sound good nice MID range with very wide stereo image, low freqs range also tight and reflect the real bass's character (i have very handled acoustic studio so maybe it helps them to sound good).
Any way for 700USD i think is my best purchase,
my rate is 9 for this monitor very like them,
If anyone have move question please ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Brown ➡️
I am looking at investing in a pair of the 44's on the basis of my percieved performance of the E5's. They might be cheap but imho they are excellent monitors. Like some of you I've tried lots of different monitors in this price point and I can tell you they are fantastic performers. They blow the yammy HS5's out of the water at the bottom end and to my ears bear no comparison with the KRK's . I'm looking forward to the improved sweet spot these MTM's offer on paper. I'd only advise those who have not tried Presonus Monitors don't be swayed by the "Crappy Cheap" comments mentioned here earlier. The fact they are cheap doesn't mean they are not good value for money. Based on my experience with the E5's and E8's I'd have no hesitation in acquiring either the E44 or E66's on a blind (Deaf lol) purchase.They do look great and will probably sound as good if you're up for taking a punt I'd say it is definately a low risk one
IS here in this thread with positive experience with Eris monitors with more than 2 posts?

Thnx
Old 11th October 2016 | Show parent
  #50
Lives for gear
 
omegaomega's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Has anyone here bought the 66 already?
What are your impressions so far?
Old 20th December 2016 | Show parent
  #51
Lives for gear
 
skira's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McCabe ➡️
Are the Eris any good in general?
I've had the E8 monitors for almost 18 months and am very satisfied with them. I paid $400+ tax for a pair, and I see Sweetwater (no tax) and Amazon have pairs for $375.

As for the E44/E66, SOS reviewed them in September but I don't know what they said (and the review is behind a firewall), but Prosoundweb liked what they saw and heard.
Old 15th February 2017
  #52
Lives for gear
 
heraldo_jones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Some chinese info for the crowd :P

TAOBAO Presonus MTM series
Old 25th April 2018
  #53
Gear Nut
 
Im worried about amount of e66 bass ... how is e66's bass comparing to hs8 or rokits, or eris 8 or jbl lsr 308, or focal alpha ?

Please, I need some opinions as I can't listen to them, just buy them or leave them ...
Old 25th April 2018 | Show parent
  #54
Lives for gear
 
heraldo_jones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teoichi ➡️
Im worried about amount of e66 bass ... how is e66's bass comparing to hs8 or rokits, or eris 8 or jbl lsr 308, or focal alpha ?

Please, I need some opinions as I can't listen to them, just buy them or leave them ...
This + your room

Presonus Eris E66

I might say a friend have them and they are a really good bang for the buck and low freqs are very focused. IMO best than the Yammis and similars.
Old 25th April 2018 | Show parent
  #55
Lives for gear
 
skira's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teoichi ➡️
how is e66's bass comparing to hs8 or rokits, or eris 8 or jbl lsr 308, or focal alpha ? Please, I need some opinions as I can't listen to them, just buy them or leave them ...
That's not ideal. Read the reviews and make a choice. Odds are that reviewers have more, deeper experience with multiple monitors (and the ones you mentioned) than people here.

I can say that my E8 monitors are still going strong since I bought them new in 2014. I do wish however that they had an automated low-power standby mode like the Focal Alpha 65 monitors I'd also been considering (apparently this is now required by law in the EU for power conservation). The Alphas are better monitors (with less bass) too, but they were twice the price of the E8s I bought, and I'm happy with the Presonus monitors. No problems.
Old 25th April 2018
  #56
Gear Nut
 
Ye, the thing is 2 of 3 pro reviewers that I found said that bass is a little low and unstable at times, while e66 gets all good grades and words from not so pro reviewers ...

And also I found guy that is using them for producing and I found his songs to have not so consistent bass overall, some had more some had less bass, some too much ...

The thing is that the company won't let me hear them because they will just order them with my money, and it is practically sold ... ye I guess I can return them but im not a fan of returning stuff, especially not that cheap ... and still, I won't be able to compare them ...

I guess acoustics won't be an issue because I plan to invest closely same amount of money that I will invest in monitors ...
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 137 views: 18085
Avatar for kongwee
kongwee 16th December 2013
replies: 4 views: 2580
Avatar for Whatupdoe?
Whatupdoe? 9th February 2014
replies: 22 views: 7270
Avatar for sanjari
sanjari 25th June 2015
replies: 82 views: 25116
Avatar for Franky Fontaine
Franky Fontaine 26th February 2021
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump