The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Slam Dawg Beat Mastering Plugin by Beatskillz
Old 12th August 2015

🎧 5 years
Slam Dawg Beat Mastering Plugin by Beatskillz

SLAM DAWG Beat Mastering Plugin

As a creative Musician, Artist, Producer or Engineer today, you need speed, inspiration, and Club, Radio ready mixes fast. The Slam Dawg is an audio processing plugin that can get your mixes to sound pro with easy controls.

BeatSkillz | Tools for The Modern Producer

Plugin Formats :

VST/AU/AAX – 64bit /32 Bit

PC/MAC :

Windows XP SP2 or later / OSX 10.6.8 or later
Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz / AMD Athlon 64 or equivalent
2 GB RAM / 300 MB HD
Screen resolution: 1024Γ—768
VST2, AU, or AAX 32-bit or 64-bit host
Attached Thumbnails
Slam Dawg Beat Mastering Plugin by Beatskillz-slam-dawg.png  
Old 12th August 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
WOW haha! Just wow!

Thank you for making my day!

This is to LANDR what LANDR is to high end Mastering!
Old 12th August 2015
Gear Maniac

Sounds interesting, especially the crush and the width AFAIK nice GUI and a reasonably good starting price but why not make a full 14 days trial demo? The 3 seconds mute every minutes is a bit annoying IMHO.

Last edited by FredFraikin; 12th August 2015 at 03:44 PM..
Old 12th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Lets listen to the difference - about 10dB
Old 12th August 2015

🎧 5 years
Is this the company that made the "beat thang"? lol
Old 12th August 2015
njv
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Drums smashing, clear and wide! Where can I download!?

NICE!
Old 12th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think that naming it 'Slam Dawg' might, just might be targeting a particular user...

I don't wish to be patronising, but I believe this plugin is aimed at the newbee Hip Hop producer?

I think there was a missed opportunity to include a preset call 'Booty' (for low end girth) and 'Shawty in Da Cluuurb' (for that exciting top end sizzle).

Last edited by noiseflaw; 12th August 2015 at 03:10 PM..
Old 12th August 2015

🎧 5 years
And here I thought I was walking into a thread about a Drum Machine / Sequencer.
Old 13th August 2015

🎧 10 years
Its a game changer

I just tried this plugin and its truly amazing!! Nothing less !!
And I'm surely buying the plugin.

Well.. You could compare it to the top players like Slate's VCC, UAD or Waves.
No doubt that this invaluable tool is going to stay on my top 5 favorites.

The programmer of this plugin is Gaurav Dayal who has been awarded the
Best Non-English Song - International Foreign Language award by David Pensado.

You can watch him featuring on Pensado's Place here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9iEcNb79Qk

He is a skillful and acclaimed producer, mixing & mastering engineer from the Bollywood Industry.

He is also the founder of bollywoodsounds.net - The top rated samples packs for Indian / Bollywood music.

And regarding the plugin, I bypassed all my mixbus plugins and inserted slam dawg.
After playing for around 5 minutes with this tool, I ended up making a perfect mix, way better than the one i previously did which was around 7 to 8 plugins including virtual consoles and saturation plugins.

So, for those who haven't tried this plugin yet, go check it out - Slam Dawg-Audio Processing Plugin | BeatSkillz

You can't go wrong on this one.

Try it 2 believe it
Old 13th August 2015 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreesnx363 ➑️
I just tried this plugin and its truly amazing!! Nothing less !!
And I'm surely buying the plugin.

Well.. You could compare it to the top players like Slate's VCC, UAD or Waves.
No doubt that this invaluable tool is going to stay on my top 5 favorites.

The programmer of this plugin is Gaurav Dayal who has been awarded the
Best Non-English Song - International Foreign Language award by David Pensado.

You can watch him featuring on Pensado's Place here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9iEcNb79Qk

He is a skillful and acclaimed producer, mixing & mastering engineer from the Bollywood Industry.

He is also the founder of bollywoodsounds.net - The top rated samples packs for Indian / Bollywood music.

And regarding the plugin, I bypassed all my mixbus plugins and inserted slam dawg.
After playing for around 5 minutes with this tool, I ended up making a perfect mix, way better than the one i previously did which was around 7 to 8 plugins including virtual consoles and saturation plugins.

So, for those who haven't tried this plugin yet, go check it out - Slam Dawg-Audio Processing Plugin | BeatSkillz

You can't go wrong on this one.

Try it 2 believe it
Sounds like a sales pitch lol.

Think I'll skip this one.
Old 13th August 2015

🎧 5 years
You didn't actually tell us what was so amazing just it was. So what does it actually do?

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreesnx363 ➑️
Yeah, seems totally legit
Old 13th August 2015

🎧 10 years
@ Mix 2 Master - To skip or not - Its completely up to you my friend.

My experience with the plugin - I just inserted it on my mixbus and tweaked the knobs.
Compare it to the slate digital revival or custom series lift.
It made a huge difference to my mix without adding any unwanted muddiness or digital harshness.
Its an all in one tool. You don't have to waste time figuring out how to make your mix sound big & wide. Just decide on how you want your mix to sound. You can always do other processing to enhance the mix as required.
Why do it the hard way when you can do it in a few simple steps ?
There are no hard rules for getting a good sounding music.

And FYI, I'm not a sales guy for this company or plugin.

I tried the plugin and to my surprise, I got a very good sounding mix in under 5 minutes. I will definitely do more on my mixbus, but if you get a starting point, the job would be much more easier.
Just wanted to share my experience. Cheers

🎧 5 years
Thanks so much! you got it.. this is what it is deigned for ... you got the point sir!

🎧 5 years
For the naysayers.., it may seem to be too good to be true, but it really is, i am an artist and record producer first and i'm using this heavily...

I know for a fact that any serious producer who knows good sound will appreciate this plugin.. just because its named Slam Dawg, does'nt mean its a gimmick.. That would be like calling Dave Derr's FATSO and Distressor toys or gimmicks..

If you're not interested in trying it.. no problem.., but don't diss it without trying it.. called it "good" or"Horrible" after trying it first

Thanks for your interest again.

Gaurav Dayal - Beatskillz
Old 13th August 2015

🎧 15 years
Sounds great on YT, at times. And at least he's trying to level adjust, unlike others...
Hey, isn't that the plug the nice Baba on Pensados Place' ITL talked about?
If so, the name refers to 'slumdog millionaire', since he's indian. At least the narrators accent in the vid sounds indian.
Old 13th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have downloaded it, will try it out after my vocal recording session tonight. :-)
Old 13th August 2015

🎧 5 years
Fair enough. But I doubt there's any plugin you can stick on the master buss twiddle a few knobs and get a 'perfect mix' as stated above me.

🎧 5 years
I agree, sir.. Mastering is a science and not something that just our tool can do, only a good engineer with great ears can make things sound their best, and yes everything out there in the market has its value, I personally like ozone for detailed work, and also use api 2500, thermionic culture etc.. outboard.., but this plugin can boost workflow if i may say so myself Thanks agin for your cooment, i appreciate it.. and very keen to know what you think.. you can call it "A Piece of ****", but please do give it a shot

Thanks,
Sincerely

Gaurav

🎧 5 years
awesome, please do post here what you think about it sir

🎧 5 years
Yes its me.., by the way Dave checked out the plugin.. he really liked it.., and will send me his honest review soon.. lets see what Dave has to say ..fingers crossed )

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmacd ➑️
Lets listen to the difference - about 10dB
Thats what compressors do don't they? compress to make things punchier , but its not just a "10 db" boost, its increase in stereo depth, tube saturation emulation and some other cool algorithms..
Old 13th August 2015

🎧 10 years
its a Cool Tool.. Tried it out.. Compressor Pumps too much even wet 50% couple of functions cool like the crush .. The Stereo Enhance Widener Collapses the Middle tho when used in higher settings.. O_0

Would be ok on Individual tracks not the Master bus personally.. Maybe in the chain for a touch of process on certain material still checking for unwanted Artifacts..Def does not replace Slate/UAD plugs as stated above lol.. Cool for Drum buss.. or whatever u want to process if needing the Slam Dawg type sound. just another tool.. Not a replacer here for more pro tools like Slate/UAD/Nebula.

Not a Threat to ME's.

Last edited by KP2020; 13th August 2015 at 06:18 PM..
Old 13th August 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Maybe useful on occasion for the novice or beginner producer but as a serious tool this falls short. I think you guys would get a better response if you marketed it as such.

🎧 5 years
hey man.. thanks for your honest response, and also for talking about the plugin rather than what i named it and stuff (y)

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayal9 ➑️
Condesending ??? Great then i should be offended by Young "GURU".. using indian terms..
This is pop culture.. I didnt want it to just be freq, saturation, db.. blah blah.. so what if i was bold enough to make it have a "feel"

Well if Dave Pensado can use this and sausage fattener, then it is a "PRO" plugin..,
this is true lol.. Dave does use the Sausage Fattener...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayal9 ➑️
Thats what compressors do don't they? compress to make things punchier , but its not just a "10 db" boost, its increase in stereo depth, tube saturation emulation and some other cool algorithms..
Are you for real??? I was being sarcastic in that the levels arn't matched and any boost in volume is percieved as being better. So the video is a joke. The plug could be good but to most people on this forum its a joke.
Old 13th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
?????? Vague posts like that don't help anyone either!
Old 13th August 2015

🎧 10 years
@ Musicmacd .. that reply was not to you my friend
Old 13th August 2015

🎧 5 years
Apologies, maybe a bit premature judging this. I may still test it yet.
πŸ“ Reply