The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Slam Dawg Beat Mastering Plugin by Beatskillz
Old 25th August 2015 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayal9 ➑️
Thanks for your honest feedback, i appreciate it

Yes I love Kush Audio plugins and hardware.. Greg Scott is awesome.., Yes this plugin is not designed to be as flexible as some others, but the analogy was to combine some processes that I use as a producer myself, into a unit to improve workflow. Having said that, i always knew that its not for everyone, but by sales and talking to clients who bought our plugin uptil now, are both pros, and semi pro producers. We are happy with customer feedback and sales as a new company. We hope to grow and bring more products in the future and improve via valuable feedback from pros like yourself Thanks! Best Regards, Gaurav
Thank's for the good-natured response, Gaurav! I wish you and your company the best of luck! I'm glad to hear that you are doing well with sales so far.
Old 21st September 2015

🎧 10 years
i am around gearslutz since many years,got most of the nebula,and man,this plugin is just genius,with a good acoustic and a sub
i could make a mix in 15 mn and the results was nothing less than amazing compare to before !!!!
i produce edm,and man,this plugin is just magic,in just 15 mn i made a mix who sounds nothing like before,its just magic,will buy all your plugin
thank you so much for this one
namaste
Old 22nd September 2015 | Show parent

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I just finished a track and gave the plugin a testrun. I inserted it before other plugins in the master chain. I liked the stereo widener and the hipass filter (remove mud or whatever it was called). I also used a bit of the 'air' knob for some extra highs. All these did enhance the mix a bit. However I did not like the compression/limiting and distortion sections. They did not do any good on the 2 bus nor were they that great on single tracks. In general it's a good optional plugin..
Old 25th September 2015 | Show parent

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolP ➑️
I just finished a track and gave the plugin a testrun. I inserted it before other plugins in the master chain. I liked the stereo widener and the hipass filter (remove mud or whatever it was called). I also used a bit of the 'air' knob for some extra highs. All these did enhance the mix a bit. However I did not like the compression/limiting and distortion sections. They did not do any good on the 2 bus nor were they that great on single tracks. In general it's a good optional plugin..
on the second note, I removed the stereo enhancer, that sounded good on my studio monitors but did not sound that good on a macbook air(they already have some widening algo built in their os)/hifi headphones.
Old 27th September 2015 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo123 ➑️
i am around gearslutz since many years,got most of the nebula,and man,this plugin is just genius,with a good acoustic and a sub
i could make a mix in 15 mn and the results was nothing less than amazing compare to before !!!!
i produce edm,and man,this plugin is just magic,in just 15 mn i made a mix who sounds nothing like before,its just magic,will buy all your plugin
thank you so much for this one
namaste
Hey! Thanks so much, did you check our brand new plugin "That Thing" yet!
This will blow your mind.. its a one of a kind plugin..
That Thing | BeatSkillz

Also by end of Year , we are launching "SLAM PRO" a more detailed and enhnced version of SLAM DAWG

Regards,
Gaurav
Old 27th September 2015
Lives for gear

Not a big deal, but the MUD OUT control seems backwards. For instance, if you turn any other knob on the plugin to MAX, you increase whatever the descriptive label is below the knob. With MUD OUT, it seems that if you turn the knob to MAX, you would logically think you're increasing the MUD OUT effect. Instead, for that one knob, if turned to MAX, you actually have MINIMIZED or decreased the MUD OUT effect to zero... not MAXed the MUD OUT effect.

You can easily hear what it's doing. It just seems the control operates a little backwards from the way all the other knobs work.
Old 18th October 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
If you have experience, good ears, patience to experiment and don't judge the book by it's cover... You'll see how great this plugin is.
Old 12th January 2016

🎧 5 years
Hi guys! I'm back again
We've launched a new Compressor Plugin.."BOUNCE" , I would be thrilled if you guys could spare the time to check it out.
Bounce | BeatSkillz
Thank you for all your support to make Slam Dawg a success

Best,
G,
Beatskillz
Old 13th February 2017

🎧 5 years
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but would if be fair to say that this plugin is similar to the Black Box?
Old 16th February 2017 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny T ➑️
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but would if be fair to say that this plugin is similar to the Black Box?
Its quite different actually , Black box is primarily a saturator, where as slam pro has a fully (3 type) saturation section, a Bass Section, Air and Compressor section as well as a limiter and stereo width expander

https://www.beatskillz.com/slam-pro/
Old 10th September 2017

🎧 5 years
I actually use this its a good plugin for processing drum sounds, especially ones from vintage machines
then again, I paid $50 for it from a promo.
would I buy for 150

yeah, I mean, its a good plugin

πŸ“ Reply