The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Barratt Audio releases Equavescent Equalizer Plug-In: Version 3 now available
Old 19th May 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbarratt ➡️
Hi all,
I am still plugging away at the new plug-in. I still have a way to go. I have restarted it a number of times as the new version is very ambitious. I kept restarting because I derive new approaches as I program.
I program the plugin a couple of hours each day. I also have intense periods, like I was working on it 18 hours a day for a couple of weeks of my holidays at the start of the year.
I have made a number of changes to current DSP maths as well as the EQ and it will sound great.
It will have the flexibility of MAX/MSP. I have been writing a language that wraps the c++, but it is a lot more forgiving than c++. Advanced users can access this code, allowing them to reconfigure the plugin as they please. I have left it open for AI(tensor flow), which I am transgressing towards.
It should include most conventional processing DSP thanks to JUCE DSP, but then a whole lot more.
Thank you for your support over the years. Sorry about the long wait.
Lachlan
Thank you for the update Lachlan!!! Looking forward to it! *smile*
Old 21st May 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbarratt ➡️
Hi all,
I am still plugging away at the new plug-in. I still have a way to go. I have restarted it a number of times as the new version is very ambitious. I kept restarting because I derive new approaches as I program.
This is really great news. Thanks for the update. I am really looking forward to what you come up with.
Old 1st August 2019
Here for the gear

Equilibrium, Magpha EQ, SlickEQ M, tranQuilizr G2... These products are also wonderful.
However, even though it was released 4 years ago, equavescent still outperforms other EQ's sounds yet.
Especially nice for boosting over 10k!
Old 28th August 2019
Deleted 8f33f90
Latest demo is still horrendously buggy/unusable in FL Studio and Reaper.i sent a couple of emails to the provided address on the site over the course of the last month and have heard nothing back.to describe it succintly,it sounds like an actual delay line.as if the buffer is feeding back on itself for a couple of taps.because of the way FL in particular handles buffers its sometimes necessary to set a fixed buffer size in the plugin wrapper,but it doesn't rectify the issue.
Old 21st July 2020
Deleted 8f33f90
Any news?i haven't had a single response from any of the emails i have sent back over 6 months ago.i'm itching to have this one working.its an incredible EQ.borders on voodoo what it does to audio
Old 22nd July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 8f33f90 ➡️
Any news?i haven't had a single response from any of the emails i have sent back over 6 months ago.i'm itching to have this one working.its an incredible EQ.borders on voodoo what it does to audio
I would consider a signing up for a Patreon or Kickstarter for him to get him going if it would help him release a new version.

In the meantime, I am going to try the current version 3.5 on the various hosts and OS’es I have on my computers to see where it works best.
Old 22nd July 2020 | Show parent
Deleted 8f33f90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 ➡️
I would consider a signing up for a Patreon or Kickstarter for him to get him going if it would help him release a new version.

In the meantime, I am going to try the current version 3.5 on the various hosts and OS’es I have on my computers to see where it works best.
Good luck with that.i encountered the same issue on most of the DAW's i tried
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Any news?

So many copies under different shells, from different "manufacturers" come out day after day, and something worthy is lost in this pile of sh*t... The unfairness of life.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacan ➡️
Any news?

So many copies under different shells, from different "manufacturers" come out day after day, and something worthy is lost in this pile of sh*t... The unfairness of life.
No News. Here's my speculation: Lach was very enthusiastic about his EQ idea and set out to code it. He got it to the point where it demonstrated his vision and shared it with the public. The public wanted to buy it so he made it for sale and sold it. But then, perhaps, the realization that now he has a business and now he has customers with expectations and all the trials (and tribulations) that come with it. The vision may have been clouded out by reality and the enthusiasm waned. Some people just don't want to deal with "business" and/or "people" despite the good idea.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus ➡️
No News. Here's my speculation: Lach was very enthusiastic about his EQ idea and set out to code it. He got it to the point where it demonstrated his vision and shared it with the public. The public wanted to buy it so he made it for sale and sold it. But then, perhaps, the realization that now he has a business and now he has customers with expectations and all the trials (and tribulations) that come with it. The vision may have been clouded out by reality and the enthusiasm waned. Some people just don't want to deal with "business" and/or "people" despite the good idea.
He had actually given some insight into what derailed his plan for his plugin, and it was that his programmer/coder up and left without notice, leaving him in the lurch.
It didn’t have anything to do with not anting to deal with people or a business.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
He had actually given some insight into what derailed his plan for his plugin, and it was that his programmer/coder up and left without notice, leaving him in the lurch.
It didn’t have anything to do with not anting to deal with people or a business.
Oh yes you're right! I had forgotten about that. Thanks for editing your previous post to be nicer about it.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
He should contact Leapwing Audio. Those folks are ambitious, have great know-how and do partner developments.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician ➡️
He should contact Leapwing Audio. Those folks are ambitious, have great know-how and do partner developments.
Good idea. Sonible comes to mind as well.

PA wouldn’t be a bad idea either.
📝 Reply