Gearspace.com

Gearspace.com (https://gearspace.com/board/)
-   Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production (https://gearspace.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/)
-   -   DSI Prophet 12 (https://gearspace.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/805970-dsi-prophet-12-a.html)

Vertflyer 24th January 2013 04:41 PM

DSI Prophet 12

According to FB, and some sneak peaks at NAMM photos, there will be something anounced soon. What is it? And is it anything more than just a reconfiguration of their current line up?

3001 24th January 2013 04:43 PM

I heard it was on the DSI forums before that it was something polyphonic based on the tempest engine.

divemedia 24th January 2013 04:52 PM

yea, i think i read that it will share the os with the tempest as well which is great because that means we will continue getting features/updates added to the tempest ensuring it will not fall by the wayside.

Deleted 8456dd3 24th January 2013 04:56 PM

Right... so some sort of (scaled back) but updated Prophet VS?
Would have thought theres quite a bit of overlap with the PolyEvolver if thats the case?

chembros 24th January 2013 05:00 PM

I don't think it'll have digital oscs. Maybe, but I'm predicting another fully analog synth with better sound and fewer mod destinations.

Carey M 24th January 2013 05:27 PM

http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/...et12/index.php

Mardi Gras 24th January 2013 05:35 PM

Dsi release prophet 12

DROOL!

Dave Smith Instruments Release 'Prophet 12' - Waveformz

Mardi Gras 24th January 2013 05:35 PM

Pym 24th January 2013 05:36 PM

DSI Prophet 12

http://davesmithinstruments.com/imag..._side_home.jpg

Quick specs:
  • 12 voices
  • 4 Oscillators per voice capable of classic and complex waveforms
    • Low alias digital oscillators of several flavors: tri, saw, pulse, sine, noise and 4 wavetable based sources
    • Oscillator params: FM, AM, Sync, Level, Pitch (Coarse+Fine), extended slop algorithm, shape, shape mod/pulsewidth
  • Sub oscillator
  • Shape Mod/Pulsewidth control changes based on oscillator type:
    • Pulse and Tri - Pulsewidth control
    • Saw - Supersaw effect (note: not complete in NAMM units)
    • Noise - Pink on the left, White in the middle, Blue/Violet on the right
    • Wavetables - Blends between 3 different waveforms, one on the left, one in the middle, one on the right
  • Post FX section, fully analog signal path (no DAC/ADC converstion) with digital effects summed with analog signal at wet/dry points
    • Analog VCA and panning
    • Analog stereo distortion
    • Analog resonant Lowpass filter per voice
    • Analog resonant Highpass filter per voice
    • All analog parameters are modulated at >11kHz sample rate
  • Digital FX 'Character' Section:
    • NOTE: Effects are not finalized (besides Drive) and will be improved and possible changed before release
    • Air - High shelf with soft clipping
    • Girth - Low shelf with saturation
    • Hack - Bit Crush
    • Decimate - Sample Rate Reduction
    • Drive - Overdrive/Saturation
  • Tons of modulation:
    • 4 LFOs up to 4kHz rate, sync and multiple shapes
    • 4 Envelopes - VCA, Filter and 2 Auxiliary. ADSR plus delay
    • 16 Mod slots - Oscillators can be used as sources for FM control of a wide range of params
  • Two Pressure- and Position-sensitive touch faders for added control in addition to the pitch and mod wheels
  • 4 Delay lines
    • Can sync to internal arp clock or to external MIDI clock
    • ~1 second buffer for each delay line
    • Amount, Feedback, and Rate controls on front panel
    • Delay time ranges from reverb and flanger effects to a looper with feedback turned to max
    • Delay algorithms not finalized in NAMM units and will be improved by release
  • Tuned Feedback
  • Expanded Arpeggiator modes
  • Quick mod section:
    • example: holding 'mod source' and hitting 'Osc 1' creates a new mod with 'Osc 1' as the source and brings up the screen. Then holding 'mod destination' and moving the 'Air' encoder assigns the destination to 'Air'. Simple!
    • Sorting of mods by slot number, mod source or mod destination which includes the fixed mods (destination params for LFOs and Envelopes) to quickly deconstruct programs. Makes it very easy to see what mods are affecting what parameters at a glance
  • Playlist mode for queueing up programs to use in a set for quick 1-button access to quickly load presets. 4 Playlists with 10 presets plus an extended playlist mode if more complicated setups are needed

Dave Smith Instruments

Osc1lfo 24th January 2013 05:37 PM

I've never heard this fine new instrument, so I'd like to be the first to complain about it. :-)

chembros 24th January 2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chembros (Post 8670698)
I don't think it'll have digital oscs. Maybe, but I'm predicting another fully analog synth with better sound and fewer mod destinations.

Bzzzt

Brian! 24th January 2013 05:39 PM

analog delay?

Eric J 24th January 2013 05:39 PM

Wow, nice.

Headz51230 24th January 2013 05:39 PM

On paper that sounds amazing

laikenf 24th January 2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey M (Post 8670838)

I SAY F$#K FRANKIE!!... This is what caught my attention: "The new Character section adds a variety of wave shaping and sound sculpting options, like Drive, Hack, Decimation, Girth, and Air. Additional features include a tuned feedback path, a four-tap stereo delay per voice, expanded arpeggiator functionality"... Interesting...

BaconTastesGood 24th January 2013 05:41 PM

Wow, this thing looks awesome. Took all the complaints about the P08 (no sub-osc, no feedback), improved a lot of stuff, and, best of all, has a real power supply. Now if only it had CV outputs and balanced audio outputs it would be perfect =)

And at $3000 I'm not feeling too bad about my $1500 used purchase of a P08.

3001 24th January 2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laikenf (Post 8670901)
I SAY F$#K FRANKIE!!... This is what caught my attention: "The new Character section adds a variety of wave shaping and sound sculpting options, like Drive, Hack, Decimation, Girth, and Air. Additional features include a tuned feedback path, a four-tap stereo delay per voice, expanded arpeggiator functionality"... Interesting...

so it's like a mish mash of all the previous pieces...

looks cool! what's the MSRP! I want one. This is the first one that has the old school SCI font too!

not that ugly DSI font, sorry but DSI synths have been ugly as hell for aw hile. down to the font.

luckily this looks like it's going back to it's old school one for the prophet logo!

sweet, i just hope it's got 2 DCOs in it!

Oh, and why those damn sliders. not sure if anyone else is on the Facebook page for DSI, but they just posted a video on it ,sounds good!: )

3001 24th January 2013 05:42 PM

the resonant HPF is great too! :-)

Vertflyer 24th January 2013 05:43 PM

4 osc per voice!? Plus a sub osc?

shponglefan 24th January 2013 05:44 PM

Let's see... 12 voices x 4 osc per voice + unison mode = 48 osc unison (!). mezed

I also see two pedal inputs along the top... if it's anything like their other synths, I'm hoping these are fully assignable.

I'm also assuming DCO as they don't state otherwise. And any word on the type of filter? (i.e same Curtis LPF, or something new?)

electrobiscuit 24th January 2013 05:44 PM

Holy ****. I'm on that.

MiniDX 24th January 2013 05:45 PM

48 osc ...??

electrobiscuit 24th January 2013 05:45 PM

link Prophet 12 Polyphonic Synthesizer Keyboard

chembros 24th January 2013 05:46 PM

Holy friggin knobs and buttons

projectwoofer 24th January 2013 05:46 PM

:amaze:

payt 24th January 2013 05:49 PM

Oh gawd... this is awful! now i have to buy the P12.. anyone wanna buy an Andromeda and a P8PE Rack? lol

phreak260 24th January 2013 05:51 PM

wow. must... contain.. excitement... ahhh eff it; go DSI!!!!!!

electrobiscuit 24th January 2013 05:51 PM

Sorry but DSI do terrible demo videos. I can barely find anything demonstrating clearly the capabilities of the mopho x4 or prophet 08.

Mardi Gras 24th January 2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Knob per function
12 Voices
4 OSC per voice + Sub OSC
Unique character section
Analog LPF + HPF
4 fully sync-able LFO’s per voice
4 Envelopes per voice
Feedback
Analog distortion
Quad Multi-mode delay
Pressure sensitive sliders
Unison mode
Building sequencer/arp
mind = blowen boing boing boing

3001 24th January 2013 05:53 PM

wavetable oscs?:D MSRP? when's it available?!