Gearspace.com

Gearspace.com (https://gearspace.com/board/)
-   Collaborations (https://gearspace.com/board/collaborations-/)
-   -   Gearspace Meetup - LONDON Edition (https://gearspace.com/board/collaborations-/1352545-gearspace-meetup-london-edition.html)

robshrock 20th May 2021 07:00 PM

Gearspace Meetup - LONDON Edition
 
Anyone GS'ers in the London area fancy a meetup now that lockdown is lifted?

The lift may not last forever... I, for one, could sure use a drink in a proper pub. :heh:

Hollowman9 21st May 2021 10:51 PM

If this actually takes place you do realize it will turn into a hardware vs software rumble right?
I advise brass knuckles gooof

robshrock 22nd May 2021 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowman9 (Post 15464585)
If this actually takes place you do realize it will turn into a hardware vs software rumble right?
I advise brass knuckles gooof

Haha... who knows... Doesn't seem like anyone is actually interested. I guess people prefer sitting with their devices. cellfone

But this is how we did it back in the olden days... musicians, engineers, producers, hanging out over a drink and talking shop, talking ****, and getting to know people. You could learn a lot. Eventually, something good would come out of it, but you did have to show up.

Oh, well...

Audio Child 24th May 2021 02:51 PM

I find a lot of people have readjusted to home comfort these days! I Sounds like a good idea!

I'd also be up for studio meet ups with gear shoot outs!

robshrock 24th May 2021 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Child (Post 15468044)
I find a lot of people have readjusted to home comfort these days! I Sounds like a good idea!

I'd also be up for studio meet ups with gear shoot outs!

Cool... let's see if we eventually make a quorum.

Surbitone 14th November 2021 11:33 AM

I’d actually be really up for this. Would need a bit of notice as I’ve got to plan around a young family, but definitely in.

robshrock 14th November 2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surbitone (Post 15722020)
I’d actually be really up for this. Would need a bit of notice as I’ve got to plan around a young family, but definitely in.

Cool… any other Londoners up for it?

GBP 14th November 2021 12:49 PM

What part of London are you thinking ?

Surbitone 14th November 2021 12:55 PM

Would town make sense? I live in Hackney, fwiw.

GBP 14th November 2021 01:09 PM

Yes I am city old st...

robshrock 14th November 2021 01:30 PM

I’m down in SE21… but it’s gonna entail some travel for some, yeah.

In town likely makes most sense until we can get a consensus. But I’m happy that we might actually put together a meet up!

New Pretties 17th November 2021 03:21 AM

Well, before I commit either way, I'd like to know if we'd be expected to bring along some "musical" instrument in order to collaborate on a live meet-up jam session, such as a kazoo, ukulele, tambourine or xylophone?

If not, I'm out.

robshrock 17th November 2021 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Pretties (Post 15726738)
Well, before I commit either way, I'd like to know if we'd be expected to bring along some "musical" instrument in order to collaborate on a live meet-up jam session, such as a kazoo, ukulele, tambourine or xylophone?

If not, I'm out.

I’ve got a few bits and bobs like a kazoo, recorder, etc… but I’d personally keep it to things I can play with one hand because I plan to have a drink in the other.

New Pretties 17th November 2021 09:45 AM

Hmm, so no Swanee whistle then?

I'm torn.

Surbitone 17th November 2021 11:28 AM

I was planning on bringing some vuvuzelas.

SFM35.8 4th March 2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robshrock (Post 15464668)
Haha... who knows... Doesn't seem like anyone is actually interested. I guess people prefer sitting with their devices. cellfone

But this is how we did it back in the olden days... musicians, engineers, producers, hanging out over a drink and talking shop, talking ****, and getting to know people. You could learn a lot. Eventually, something good would come out of it, but you did have to show up.

Oh, well...

Im a Jazzy Boombap maker in London, keen to chat about music with some locals

SFM35.8 4th March 2022 02:40 PM

lets make this happen, hows march looking for everyone?

pencilextremist 7th March 2022 07:54 PM

if I was near london I'd definitely be up for this, I'm nearer manchester, know what you mean, nobody likes physically going out anymore do they, it's a weird world post covid...

robshrock 7th March 2022 08:32 PM

Yeah, I’m up for it…. I’m in South London, Herne Hill area. But I can come across the river.

SWAN808 7th March 2022 08:51 PM

I would be up for it...based in west London, can get central no probs

Surbitone 8th March 2022 07:54 AM

Super up for it… but not back in the UK until late March, and will be tied up with work until early-mid April :(

Any time after that would be great though! (Or if there’s a second meet up at any point)