The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ruined recording with Studio One
Old 26th February 2021
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Ruined recording with Studio One

Here is a video showing a ruined recording of guitar. It is a MID-SIDE recording. The problem is discovered after the did because as you can see it is not obvious if you don't zoom deep inside the waveform. I cannot understand what causes this and what is really happening because the waveform shows totally normal if you are not zooming deep inside. Any body understands what is happening?

https://youtu.be/Iwdm6yb3M-g

Thanks in advance
Old 2nd March 2021
Lives for gear

That is bizarre.

What's the file sound like if you play it back outside of S1?
Old 2nd March 2021
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
My only guess is that it is a visual artifact of how S1 optimizes the wave display for fast response when zoomed out. What could be showing that effect is a roll-off of high frequencies when zoomed out. The damaged part seems like full frequency digital noise, if when zoomed out the waveform draw routine rolls off frequencies over a few 100 hz (as you would not be able to see them as a pixel on the screen may be hundreds of sample points in the waveform) it would look like the effect you see. It appears at some zoom in point the display routine stops rolling off the frequencies and that noise 'pops' back in to view.

Just a guess but it would explain it.
Old 3rd March 2021
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 10 years
The file played outside S1 has the noise part. I think that the audio is ruinned in file transferring but the display information is kept. I think this is something very serious for critical works. S1 should really investigate this.
Thanks all for your support.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…