The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Shoot me. Mix demo
Old 1 week ago
Shoot me. Mix demo

Started in this stuff of mixing in january , been studying a lot but ofc dont trust my ears. Can the most experienced guys here give me just a heads up of the worst offences popping out in my mix right now?

This is a song by a Portuguese rapper , Im sorry to not be in English but maybe mixing mistakes are universal.

Just trying to get an honest push in the right Direction, this is still under work. And thanks to anyone loosing theyre time to help.
Attached Files

goodbye teste1_MIDMIX.mp3 (8.78 MB, 112 views)

Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Lots of sibilance in the hi hats and the vocals is what I'm hearing, as the thing that jumps out. I would spend some time tweaking the EQ's in your mix.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx ➡️
Lots of sibilance in the hi hats and the vocals is what I'm hearing, as the thing that jumps out. I would spend some time tweaking the EQ's in your mix.
I think I boosted the Highs too much in here Mr. Monkey. Was the same thing we talked about in the other post. Thank you very much for your time. You think this style could use any saturation? Or is it hard to tell?
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syze25 ➡️
I think I boosted the Highs too much in here Mr. Monkey. Was the same thing we talked about in the other post. Thank you very much for your time. You think this style could use any saturation? Or is it hard to tell?
I use a little bit of saturation on almost everything, it's worth a try, if you haven't yet. By the way it's really fun to be called Mr. Monkey :DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx ➡️
I use a little bit of saturation on almost everything, it's worth a try, if you haven't yet. By the way it's really fun to be called Mr. Monkey :DD
I experimented once with fabfilter Saturn but didnt like much, problably dont know what Im doing with it. But I see Every pro doing it on videos with diferent plugins. Oh, I mean no disrespect , its your nick and Im used to adress people in this way, sorry if it sounds wrong.
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
I experimented once with fabfilter Saturn but didnt like much, problably dont know what Im doing with it. But I see Every pro doing it on videos with diferent plugins. Oh, I mean no disrespect , its your nick and Im used to adress people in this way, sorry if it sounds wrong.
Oh no, I like it, it's funny!

Maybe if Saturn's not working try a different plugin? Or just skip the idea for now. Saturation can be just as detail oriented as any other technique.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuralFonix ➡️
Ah, right! I like the Neumann, but it's a little too bright for some vocals, makes them sound thin. This can be corrected or adjusted in post. I think a TLM 193 is darker, warmer might be something to consider.
Not sure if this works but I quoted you on here to not take more space in the ssl post since were deviating from the thread.

I dont really feel thin with this mic but would you care to expand a bit on that? If you have the time. What would I can do in post about That? I could try experimenting to see if it helps with the sibilance. Right now im finding myself ducking a lot of high frequencys but sometimes I feel it takes quality off the vocal.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Not sure if this works but I quoted you on here to not take more space in the ssl post since were deviating from the thread.

I dont really feel thin with this mic but would you care to expand a bit on that? If you have the time. What would I can do in post about That? I could try experimenting to see if it helps with the sibilance. Right now im finding myself ducking a lot of high frequencys but sometimes I feel it takes quality off the vocal.
I think you have the right idea but are not confident about your own decisions. Trust your ears. Tweak gently, and sometimes less is more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuralFonix ➡️
I think you have the right idea but are not confident about your own decisions. Trust your ears. Tweak gently, and sometimes less is more.
Im going to keep trying. Been experimenting with soothe 2 too but to be honest I cant feel much improvement. Everyone só helpfull here thanks
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…